Linnets at it again

Linnets at it again

Probable board member
Probable board member

March 28th, 2012, 9:37 am #1

Will last nights behaviour be reported to the league?

Daz Law
Daz Law

March 28th, 2012, 10:32 am #2

wot behavior ?

Probable board member
Probable board member

March 28th, 2012, 10:39 am #3

Linnets "Faithful" racially abusing opposition players.
Linnets "Faithful" punching opposition players.
Linnets "Faithful" verbally abusing opposition managers.

No mention of the scuffle at the end in the Linnets match report.

Probable board member
Probable board member

March 28th, 2012, 11:49 am #4

The behaviour in question is Ashton's number being slapped across the face by a Runcorn fan about 10 mins from the end went he went to pick the ball up for a throw-in, it has been reported to both the FA and to the league, along with the incident at the end of the game when the Ashton players where leaving the pitch. The manager was verbally abused and when his players came along and told the culprits to shut up, Ashton's number 11 was racially abused. So much so that another Linnett fan has made a statement to the club secretary identifying the culprit. And this is FACT.

Probable board member
Probable board member

March 28th, 2012, 12:06 pm #5

ready for everything to get swept under it.

Probable board member
Probable board member

March 28th, 2012, 12:28 pm #6

It was Ashton's number 2 that got slapped, by a father of one of the linnets players.

Ste Biggy
Ste Biggy

March 28th, 2012, 12:41 pm #7

Sorry but the above is not a FACT!

I was there, this is what happened.

Jacob Wood was not slapped in the face at all, he was patted on the back of the head when taking a throw in. Not saying its right, the speccy was out of order, but it wasnt a slap in the face.

Ashtons lads stayed on the pitch for a minute or so after Linnets went off, and they walked off to a full round of applause from our supporters, Cunny even had his old song sung for him.

When Cunny and co got half way up the tunnel there was indeed something shouted to the Ashton players by Linnets fan, from which Cunny and Michael Case came through the fence and got in the faces of the offending supporter. What was actually said I dont know and again our guys were out of order as Ashton were just walking off the pitch after a tough game, but Cunny and Casey should not have left the tunnel in that manner and approached the Linnets supporters.

As for the racist remarks, this is a complete lie. Not sure of the name of Ashtons player in question, but for his part he was in a seperate argument with someone further down the tunnel but no racist remarks were thrown by the player or supporter.

Also, make no mistake that Ashtons board were as much involved in this as any Linnets fans, they were shouting the odds to anyone who walked past them.

I had a feeling that this would end up on here and be taken completely out of context.

There is a lesson to be learned from both parties here. It is common in football for the away team to be given grief during a game, but they should be able to leave the pitch in peace when the final whistle blows.

But reguardless, no player under any circumstance should leave the tunnel and approach supporters.

As for board members abusing away management staff, not sure where and when this was supposed to have happened. Does anyone have anything to actually back that up?

Ste Biggy
Ste Biggy

March 28th, 2012, 12:44 pm #8

My apologies, nobody mentions Linnets board members abusing the away team management above.

Probable board member
Probable board member

March 28th, 2012, 12:47 pm #9

Seems Blind Pugh Bignall is now deaf as well.

cunny
cunny

March 28th, 2012, 1:36 pm #10

When Cunny and co got half way up the tunnel there was indeed something shouted to the Ashton players by Linnets fan, from which Cunny and Michael Case came through the fence and got in the faces of the offending supporter. What was actually said I dont know and again our guys were out of order as Ashton were just walking off the pitch after a tough game, but Cunny and Casey should not have left the tunnel in that manner and approached the Linnets supporters.

ste you have got that all wrong mate and just proves you were not there at all! on walking towards the changing room a runcorn fan was walking along side the gates abusing wilksy from leaving the picth upto the changing room area, you have a **** team , you have a **** team, your ****, your a **** manager , your were a **** manager for us and your a **** manager for them at this point wilkes had took enough **** from this person abusing him and entered the path way as did the abusing fan **** his pants and ran off out the ground Fact!i jumped into the gate way to stop wilkes doing any thing that he would regret to witch a load of your supporters approched us slagging us off , the two guys that were speaking to me who i get on with really really well were pushing and shoving and one got pushed into the bushes, just to give you another FACT young sams dad even came upto us and said sorry for what had happend and that the guy was disgrace and an embaressment to your club, then once a crowd starts shouting at each other you had every scruffy **** joining in making us look like trouble makers after all we were doing was walking off the pitch, as for the racist abuse this has been heard and raised by one of your own supporters, so please dont come on here and tell me and my players how to behave, there is a reason why i left your great club and that is you have some real low life supporters that have never ever kicked a ball in there life but find it ok to abuse players who turn up week in week out, but once the final whistle goes oh its ok leave it on the pitch, if some one was abusing you ste in a street like he did last night i am sure you would react in the same manner wilkes did, i have even read posts where you have offered to see people at games and thats just with some one posting **** on here about or daz, so now i have ranted on i will leave it at that now to get some abuse back in replys from the very low lifes i am talking about, also want to say thank you to the very decent guys that are at the club for a great reception back, you always show great respect to my dad and mum and its very appriciated best of luck this season

Confirmation of reply: