Last Nights Attendance

Last Nights Attendance

Pete
Pete

May 12th, 2009, 12:39 pm #1

How many Linnets fans were there in the crowd of 411?

Ste Biggy
Ste Biggy

May 12th, 2009, 12:54 pm #2

A comfortable 300.

runnerglyn
runnerglyn

May 12th, 2009, 3:42 pm #3

I think i made a point last night to somebody, when we actually played the FA Cup tie at Curzon they gave an official gate of 138 on the day, there was more in the stand that, day than there was last night.....enough said...yes i would put the Linnets turn out at approaching the 300 mark, Come on lets get a few bods to Witton in Aug when we start again on the road to better things.

Runcorn Home and Away
Runcorn Home and Away

May 12th, 2009, 4:17 pm #4

Getting people along for a cup final and getting people along for a normal league game are two different matters.
We have in the past taken 5,000 to Wembley, yet only managed 700 at the next home game. We have taken great numbers to Cheshire Cup Finals and Bob Lord Trophy finals, yet struggled to attract these people to home games.
All this came at a time when we had a decent team and competed at a decen level, sadly neither is now the case.
I would say we had about 190-210 there last night, as I spent a period of the game counting. There was quite a few neutrals there last night, I would say the gate benefited more from being played last night than its original date.
Given the performance of the team last night and the lack of fight, I would say that passing fans would not be attracted along to a normal league game.
Games between 2 Sunday league teams in the Runcorn Cup finals can attract gates of 200+
We have a passing fanbase of about 300, the hard part is making these people regular fans, rather than getting a core gate of 120.
The current level of football, the poor league campaign and the trek to Witton are not factors that will encourage people along and all factors need addressing ASAP.

I wont put my name, as Im scared of you knowing wh

May 12th, 2009, 5:21 pm #5

That's rich coming from you Glyn as you have barely been seen at a Linnets game for some while.

Only seen you at a handfull since the turn of the year.

occasional runcorn fan!
occasional runcorn fan!

May 13th, 2009, 7:29 am #6

Getting people along for a cup final and getting people along for a normal league game are two different matters.
We have in the past taken 5,000 to Wembley, yet only managed 700 at the next home game. We have taken great numbers to Cheshire Cup Finals and Bob Lord Trophy finals, yet struggled to attract these people to home games.
All this came at a time when we had a decent team and competed at a decen level, sadly neither is now the case.
I would say we had about 190-210 there last night, as I spent a period of the game counting. There was quite a few neutrals there last night, I would say the gate benefited more from being played last night than its original date.
Given the performance of the team last night and the lack of fight, I would say that passing fans would not be attracted along to a normal league game.
Games between 2 Sunday league teams in the Runcorn Cup finals can attract gates of 200+
We have a passing fanbase of about 300, the hard part is making these people regular fans, rather than getting a core gate of 120.
The current level of football, the poor league campaign and the trek to Witton are not factors that will encourage people along and all factors need addressing ASAP.
That's spot on that. everything you say in your post is correct.
I know a few lads who went who don't normally go and won't be rushing back as they thought we were shite and didn't manage a shot on target all night..

runnerglyn
runnerglyn

May 13th, 2009, 7:37 am #7

That's rich coming from you Glyn as you have barely been seen at a Linnets game for some while.

Only seen you at a handfull since the turn of the year.
Cheap shot again, i have a valid excuse for missing games, i am not staying away like others CHOOSE to do, and will start again pre season like every season hoping we do well, the club needs to move forward and move forward quick as i am watching closely as other are clubs failing by the wayside, not saying it will happen to us, but sharing someones ground as we will continue to do for the foreseeable future is a risk we take, can we keep going to progrees the club, or can we force the issue with the ground move, thats whats needed, rather than worrying if i've missed a few matches after christmas due to family committments..get real.

May 13th, 2009, 8:41 am #8

That's spot on that. everything you say in your post is correct.
I know a few lads who went who don't normally go and won't be rushing back as they thought we were shite and didn't manage a shot on target all night..
Funny that seen as there keeper made two saves in the first half, we has one cleared off the line in the second half. We had 16 corners in the second half to go with 5 in the first. Apart from the two goals did our keeper have to make any saves. Tell ya mates to stay away cock breath

May 13th, 2009, 10:24 am #9

Yeah. Overlooking the single most important FACT RLFC 0 NMFC 2

Face facts. We are not good enough, the manager should fall on his sword or the next board meeting must dismiss him.

May 13th, 2009, 11:12 am #10

Not denying the true fact we lost, just responding to whoever said we didn't have a single shot on target.

Confirmation of reply: