just like to point something out...

kendoddsdadsdogsdead
kendoddsdadsdogsdead

September 7th, 2010, 10:38 pm #1

daz the linnet
Barmy Army Military Police

2677 Posts
Posted - 07 Sep 2010 : 22:40:50
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I thought we was very poor defence was rubbish , that fitsimmons look ok at the back and you could tell we was unift and slow , I think we have been beaten by the best side in the league , great footballing side and quick side too

A NEW BEGINING 2010/11 SEASON

Supporters Team website www.clubwebsite.co.uk/runcornlinnetssupportersfc
NEW MILLS are the best team in NWC they will win the league, they have in fact WON THE LEAGUE Now........5 points clear with a game in hand FACT..... keeps tabs on it.

Probable board member
Probable board member

September 8th, 2010, 6:24 am #2

knows f##k all , should have been the linnets new manager.

gaz
gaz

September 8th, 2010, 1:01 pm #3

went to watch runcorn linnets last night with a couple of the lads havent been since pre season so thought id go and see if there was any improvement, i can honestly say i wont be going back to watch after last night's performance, it was shocking !! ill be happy back at town this saturday watching good football ! good luck with the rest of the season your going to need it , gaz

urkey
urkey

September 8th, 2010, 1:15 pm #4

Pmsl @ the above post!

I went last night and if I said it was shite Id be understating things. I commented to someone afterwards that after the last 2 games Macca now knows what needs to be worked on, the response I got was ecaxtly what I wanted to hear "thr players know whats instore for them". This was said by someone who would know what Maccas plans are (no not a board member).
What we have at the moment are a group of players, the majority of which know they are on borrowed time now Wilksey has gone, who are happily collecting there expences whilst they can. You would like to think that players would want to at least show some desire and fight for a place in the new managers plans, but that wasnt the case last night.
Wholesale changes are required, hopefully before the vase game, by my reckoning on last nights display at least 8 and possibly even 9 new players are needed just for the starting line up, more for a squad of 18.

Tufty
Tufty

September 8th, 2010, 2:11 pm #5

daz the linnet
Barmy Army Military Police

2677 Posts
Posted - 07 Sep 2010 : 22:40:50
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I thought we was very poor defence was rubbish , that fitsimmons look ok at the back and you could tell we was unift and slow , I think we have been beaten by the best side in the league , great footballing side and quick side too

A NEW BEGINING 2010/11 SEASON

Supporters Team website www.clubwebsite.co.uk/runcornlinnetssupportersfc
NEW MILLS are the best team in NWC they will win the league, they have in fact WON THE LEAGUE Now........5 points clear with a game in hand FACT..... keeps tabs on it.
The question begs, why wasnt a new manager brought in during the summer or even with 5 games to go last season?
To get rid after about 3 games was stupid and its now going to impact for the next few games afterwards.
By the time the new manager gets his feet under the table, the season is pretty much wrote off.
The hardest job Macca will now have, is persuading playes to join a team thats at the bottom, rather than challenging at the top.

Probable board member
Probable board member

September 8th, 2010, 3:50 pm #6

agreed tufty.they just shot themsleves in the foot.they timed it all wrong.sacking one manager who brought in the players he wanted leads to a new manager coming in and those players not wanted.player unrest players not giving a fuck picking up their expenses as urkey says been on borrowed time and taking money out of the club.cup game also coming up in a run of really hard fixtures doesnt help it just adds to the hard times linnets are going through.paul macnally is on a loser for his first 3/4 games easy he has to work out what needs fixing strenghening deadwood needs to go who needs to stay and so on.linnets could end up at bottom of the table easilly while this is going on.so it does sort of come back to tuftys original question why wasnt it done before the season began ?the board have took a decision to not do it and it comes back and bit them very very hard on the arses and now the team is suffering for it and badly.

a fan
a fan

September 8th, 2010, 9:24 pm #7

if you got local lads in then the hunger would be there with or without money many players in runcorn would love to be given a chance and never have.

Probable board member
Probable board member

September 9th, 2010, 8:38 am #8

went to watch runcorn linnets last night with a couple of the lads havent been since pre season so thought id go and see if there was any improvement, i can honestly say i wont be going back to watch after last night's performance, it was shocking !! ill be happy back at town this saturday watching good football ! good luck with the rest of the season your going to need it , gaz
ok...good football. i think you are forgetting the quality of the opposition town play. am not taking anything away from town but there is some shite in the that league.

Probable board member
Probable board member

September 9th, 2010, 11:37 am #9

if you got local lads in then the hunger would be there with or without money many players in runcorn would love to be given a chance and never have.
Expectations - unrealistic
You have got what most people have - a ground
You may have a few more speccies - for now

A second choice manager - who will not be able to bring people in on the paltry sums offered, we all know that players in this league play for money and nothin else

Spectators who will sooner or later blame this manager and force him out just like the last one because you all believe you are something you aint.

Probable board member
Probable board member

September 9th, 2010, 1:00 pm #10

The budget this season has been increased and is one of the best in the league. Wilkes was given an increased budget and on the back of that he made several promises which he never fulfilled, hence his sacking.
The buget has since been increased for McNally based on the current increased gate and this will continue to be reviewed.
Good team = more fans and gates being maintained.
The board want promotion and realise that they should not be at this level, the promotion to the NWCL by Runcorn Town has highlighted Linnets poor position and the board want to address that.

Confirmation of reply: