Just a thought for Fallon and LIST ....Why not petition the stadium to evict the club ?...

Just a thought for Fallon and LIST ....Why not petition the stadium to evict the club ?...

r.smith
r.smith

March 7th, 2005, 8:19 pm #1

..everyone knows they haven't paid their bills so why carry on losing money ? It doesn't do the club any good does it ? If the council continue to let the club have use of the stadium and carry on running up a bigger debt for the club it isn't any good for them either.

What would the council do if half the supporters (or more) signed a petition or open letter which said they would understand if the council had to kick them out, say after the next home game?

I think they would jump at it and the doc wouldn't have a leg to stand on, with even the club's own supporters supporting eviction also. He would be forced to move then. Of course the council might do it anyway, but the sooner it happens the better. Is it not now £13k-£14k the club owes after this weekend ? Even if only 3 games were diverted that would mean thousands less in debt and help pay existing players wages before the club implodes.

What's your view Fallon ?

March 7th, 2005, 9:06 pm #2

I know we played there on Saturday but will we playing at the Stadium again? We have a meeting with the Chairman tomorrow (dont ask me what its about as we dont know), and I will ask him there where he intends to play the Bradford PA match a week on Saturday. I would not be surprised though if it was not the stadium.
<b><i>FALLON</i></b>

Anonymous
Anonymous

March 8th, 2005, 9:53 am #3

I think it can only be good news that you've got a meeting set up for tomorrow (er, assuming he turns up !). Well done.

I think that you know all the questions to ask anyway, but you clearly need to know numbers as well as his thoughts for going forward. The overall debts, his debts, the weekly wage bill, other income etc etc etc.

We will get 100% honesty in the reply (about both the financials and the future) or will you have to dilute the answers if they're not what everyone wants to hear ?

FALLON
FALLON

March 8th, 2005, 10:38 am #4

You will get 100% honesty. Whats the point in not being 100% open and honest? Its by not being that we are in this mess!

Anonymous
Anonymous

March 8th, 2005, 10:47 am #5

You're absolutely right.

But it won't go down well if you have to tell everyone tomorrow that it looks pretty certain closure will happen at the end of this season.

Do YOU want to be the one to tell everyone the bad news ?

FALLON
FALLON

March 8th, 2005, 11:58 am #6

Would you rather know...

1) That we will be closing at the end of the season, which would give us, the supporters, seven or eight weeks to do something about it, or

2) Know nothing, which is the current situation that we find ourselves in, then find out at the end of the seaosn that we will fold tomorrow?

I know which I would rather happen, and I have no qualms about telling anyone anything.

Anonymous
Anonymous

March 8th, 2005, 2:45 pm #7

I appreciate it and agree with you.

So what time is your meeting and when do we peasants find out ?

runcorn fan
runcorn fan

March 8th, 2005, 2:56 pm #8

martin you and the trust can be proud of yourselves

Stan Strickland
Stan Strickland

March 9th, 2005, 5:10 pm #9

Seems to me you have a real star in FALLON. I think every other club on the north west non-league scene is following this story with bated breath hoping you can find some way out of this mess and while it appears the Doc has put thousands into the club I have never understood just how he expected it would ever work once you moved out of Runcorn into a very expensive rented ground in a town that has no interest in proper football. Good luck with your efforts though.

Stan Strickland (Burscough FC)

r.smith
r.smith

March 9th, 2005, 6:22 pm #10

??

Confirmation of reply: