If you are for move to Witton Albion's ground post YES if not NO

Pollster
Pollster

March 20th, 2004, 4:32 pm #1

No harm in seeing who's in favour ?

Anonymous
Anonymous

March 20th, 2004, 6:41 pm #2

it wont happen cos there wont b a club to play there and there wont b one in the unibond

Tufty
Tufty

March 20th, 2004, 6:49 pm #3

What about a move to Warringtons new ground?

Ste Biggy
Ste Biggy

March 20th, 2004, 6:53 pm #4

I find more shite on here than in a cows field

Anonymous
Anonymous

March 20th, 2004, 8:56 pm #5

What about a move to Warringtons new ground?
..they need money to make up for the investment.

They won't let Runcorn FC in for less than Witton Albion will be prepared to accept.

If that's shite (Ste Biggy) obviously Ste considers Runcorn's board has money to burn ?

The cost of food at Warrington is even worse that Widnes. £25 for a 3 course carvery to £15 at Widnes !
Soup is £3.50p.

CaptHook
CaptHook

March 20th, 2004, 9:53 pm #6

when you have been to a game ,then come back on my board and discuss things

Ste Biggy
Ste Biggy

March 21st, 2004, 12:15 pm #7

I dont think the club has money to burn, I know it does'nt, but imagine the decrease in attendance if we moved to Warrington or Witton, especially Witton. How would people who cant drive get to games, youngsters for example, or oap's who dont want to be waiting for busses in the middle of Northwich on a rainy Tuesday night. Ok one or two would return for a few games to make a point, but we would also lose 100. All in all its a daft idea.

FALLON
FALLON

March 21st, 2004, 5:04 pm #8

I dont think it is a daft idea at all. You have to remember that the Halton Stadium is costing us £47,000 per year to play there. Witton would cost nowhere near that amount, and so a portion of the money saved could be spent on providing a bus to home matches, which may actually increase attendances.

Even if the club are not willing to do this, then the Supporters Trust could. One of the things we have discussed doing for next season is running a bus to home games. Halton Stadium or Witton wouldnt matter - we could still run one there?

Also if we had a big game, then people from Northwich are probably more likely to attend than people from Widnes because the people of Northwich are non-league supporters.

All in all in my opinion, given the options, I would rather us play at Witton than Widnes.

FALLON

I Vote for Witton's ground !
I Vote for Witton's ground !

March 21st, 2004, 6:22 pm #9

These might not be exact figures, but they illustrate Fallon's point.

Even if the club only saved £27K a year and it cost £20K to rent Witton's ground, the club wouldn't be in debt and there would be more money for player's.

Instead of £1,700 think what a manager could do with £17,000 ?

Ste Biggy
Ste Biggy

March 21st, 2004, 11:23 pm #10

I dont think it is a daft idea at all. You have to remember that the Halton Stadium is costing us £47,000 per year to play there. Witton would cost nowhere near that amount, and so a portion of the money saved could be spent on providing a bus to home matches, which may actually increase attendances.

Even if the club are not willing to do this, then the Supporters Trust could. One of the things we have discussed doing for next season is running a bus to home games. Halton Stadium or Witton wouldnt matter - we could still run one there?

Also if we had a big game, then people from Northwich are probably more likely to attend than people from Widnes because the people of Northwich are non-league supporters.

All in all in my opinion, given the options, I would rather us play at Witton than Widnes.

FALLON
There is no way on earth we pay £47,000 a year rent.

Confirmation of reply: