If Daz Law joins the board we may as well fold

If Daz Law joins the board we may as well fold

Uncle Alf
Uncle Alf

July 28th, 2009, 3:58 pm #1

The lad has the brain the size of a pee, the qualifications of Quasi Modo and the intersocial skills of a Recluse.
You only have to take a look at some of his ramblings over the past week on the official forum, not the mention the past year to see he is a few crumbs short of a biscuit.
If he thinks that helping to run a Sunday League football team give him the qualities that the board is looking for, you may as well invite half of the Runcorn Sunday league onto the board.
He spits his dummy out more times than Maggie Simpson when things arent going his own way, as anyone who has attended any club meetings will confirm or his current rants will illustrate.

Im sorry Darren, but you dont fit the image of a board member and you dont have what it takes to carry a football club into the future.

Any sensible trust member will see that the likes of Darren, Simon Charlesworth and Gregor Law are joke characters, people who get the piss taken out of them, not only at football but in life in general.
Its not an association that the club needs at board level or representing the club to the outside world.

The current board gets a lot of abuse, much of which is warranted, but we as a club are better off with the current incumbents than bringing along Dan Quayle. (No Daz, he's not a relation of Debbie Quayle).

Concerned Fan
Concerned Fan

July 28th, 2009, 4:37 pm #2

If only Daz, Gregory and Charlesworth were the only names put forward.
Have to agree, none of the above should even be considered.
They are ok for supporters club involvement, but not to step up to board level.
The supporters club needs new younger blood. Make Sue Bell life president or a similar fitting title. Its time Sue and Phil Wainwright stepped aside and the supporters club was taken onto a more modern younger level.
Give Daz Law a role with the Young Linnets Supporters club.

The whole board needs a restructure, with people voted into specific roles based on the skills required for the role. Its no good simply voting people onto the board and then giving them a role within.
Headley should be the first to step aside as part of a board modernisation programme.

Applications should go out to the people of Runcorn through local papers etc, not simply offered to the existing fanbase. We do not have enough skills within our 150 fans to take the board forward and provide a business like approach. Through this we can open up new avenues and create new fans.

Daz Law
Daz Law

July 29th, 2009, 9:52 am #3

Lads

If you all this hard and mighty stop hiding behind a desk and put your money where your mouth is and lets see you on the board.

WANKERS

Tufty
Tufty

July 29th, 2009, 11:26 am #4

To be honest I have to agree with a lot of what has been said and I know its not nice to read.

Daz, do you really consider yourself at the level to represent Runcorn FC at board level? What do you feel that you can bring to the role of a board member? Surely you would be better suited to a role on the Supporters Club?
It will be interesting to see the list of candidates.
As someonelse has mentioned, board places should not be restricted to Trust members or current Runcorn supporters, they should be put out to the wider community and business community, seeking invlovement at Board level and advancing the Football Club forward. People may have small ammount of time that they could give, in order to enhance their own CV and position within the football community, yet other clubs demand significant financial investment to get to that level.

Tony
Tony

July 29th, 2009, 11:58 am #5

To much emphasis placed on the board, as if its some special unique circle.
Not enough emphasis and involvement placed on the Trust and involving its members.
See other Trust run clubs for example and how they involve Trust members.
How often do we se a Trust vote on key activities?
The Trust members usually find out about an event etc well after its been agreed.

I wont put my name, as Im scared of you knowing wh

August 3rd, 2009, 9:19 pm #6

The lad has the brain the size of a pee, the qualifications of Quasi Modo and the intersocial skills of a Recluse.
You only have to take a look at some of his ramblings over the past week on the official forum, not the mention the past year to see he is a few crumbs short of a biscuit.
If he thinks that helping to run a Sunday League football team give him the qualities that the board is looking for, you may as well invite half of the Runcorn Sunday league onto the board.
He spits his dummy out more times than Maggie Simpson when things arent going his own way, as anyone who has attended any club meetings will confirm or his current rants will illustrate.

Im sorry Darren, but you dont fit the image of a board member and you dont have what it takes to carry a football club into the future.

Any sensible trust member will see that the likes of Darren, Simon Charlesworth and Gregor Law are joke characters, people who get the piss taken out of them, not only at football but in life in general.
Its not an association that the club needs at board level or representing the club to the outside world.

The current board gets a lot of abuse, much of which is warranted, but we as a club are better off with the current incumbents than bringing along Dan Quayle. (No Daz, he's not a relation of Debbie Quayle).
he will be on the board this week

Daz Law
Daz Law

August 4th, 2009, 7:49 am #7

that first i know about it

August 4th, 2009, 1:01 pm #8

Asking Daz Law To Do A Job On The Board Matters Is A Bit

Like..........................................

Asking Bernard Matthews To Babysit Your Turkey.

Concerned Fan
Concerned Fan

August 4th, 2009, 3:12 pm #9

The Turkey probably has a better grasp of the English language, better communication skills and more GCSE's than Daz!

August 4th, 2009, 3:18 pm #10

but the turkey has only got till tomorrow to put himself forward for the board.....

Confirmation of reply: