Glyn, Tonights meeting

Glyn, Tonights meeting

Exiled Fan
Exiled Fan

June 23rd, 2009, 9:18 pm #1

Can you summarise for those of us who couldnt attend.

Number of attendees?
Board members present?
Who answered the questions?

What facts came out from the meeting?

runnerglyn
runnerglyn

June 23rd, 2009, 9:47 pm #2

The meeting was attended by upwards of 50/60 fans approx, the questions were asked by a lot of people, the whole of the board as far as i could see where present, there was a lot of good questions asked, most were answered by Steve & Derek, and Stuart gave his thoughts on the ground issue, out of the meeting as a whole i would say a lot of decent things came, the people present were shown a video of the ground plans at the site the layout of the proposed dressing room area and in the video it showed the proposed all weather facility.

Overall impressions (my) are that it is going to be a very tight budgetary squeeze looking at the video, £200k doesn't get us much this day and age, but i have a feeling it will get done so the club can move forward, i asked the question on the OS as i forgot whilst there, who was building the project?, Steve has replied saying it hasn't been decided yet, it will be going out to tender, i presume he means through the HBC, not sure.

P.S..... It was also nice to see Alan Jones in the room after his spell of illness.

Hope that answers your question, but at long last there is a likelihood the Linnets are getting back to Runcorn, fingers crossed,its down to everyone to try and make it work.

Daz law
Daz law

June 24th, 2009, 11:49 am #3

last night meeting was great ground looked good the only disppointing thing was the kitchen was actually in the ground round the pitch . It is the club house which be about 70 yds away for the actual pitch side . Behonets in the wheather we need it in the ground pitch side as people wanna watch the match why waiting to get hot drink .

Runcorn Home and Away
Runcorn Home and Away

June 24th, 2009, 6:15 pm #4

Does the ground have access for away fans, room for emergency services (Ambulances/St Johns) to access? I cant see any turnstiles on the plans, are there seperate entrances and segregation with adequate access footpaths?
Will the all weather pitch have a full size fence round it?

What was the full jist of the meeting and the questions?
All looks a bit basic to be honest.

Tufty
Tufty

June 24th, 2009, 7:48 pm #5

How realistic is the ground being ready by the start of next season?
Maybe it might be worth setting a date of January 2011, that way if its ready earlier its positive PR. The worst thing that could happen, is set a date for the start of the season and the ground fail to be ready.
Often, when site work gets underway hidden problems are found, weather can also impact on a stadium being ready as well.

I wont put my name, as Im scared of you knowing wh
I wont put my name, as Im scared of you knowing wh

June 24th, 2009, 8:48 pm #6

weather....fuck me they are building the football equivalent of a conservatory.

Council worker
Council worker

June 24th, 2009, 10:11 pm #7

...so any deadline is already known about.

No FA approval no season back in Runcorn.

I think the spring is reasonable, given the FA will hold the club to it.

Daz law
Daz law

June 25th, 2009, 6:41 am #8

Does the ground have access for away fans, room for emergency services (Ambulances/St Johns) to access? I cant see any turnstiles on the plans, are there seperate entrances and segregation with adequate access footpaths?
Will the all weather pitch have a full size fence round it?

What was the full jist of the meeting and the questions?
All looks a bit basic to be honest.
the turnlites was at the top near the gate. regarding the emerengcy exits , I am sure there be . The deadline got be the 31st march 2010 with abit leeway if got me for the league and fa to press it

runnerglyn
runnerglyn

June 25th, 2009, 7:05 am #9

Listening to what was being said regarding timescales, not that the board will have much say over the building times, thats in the lap of the gods, and we must just hope it gets done on time, we are in July nearly now, so before end of March 2010 will be here before we know it, what is the timescale on getting planning permission and getting it through the council, what is the timescale on getting 3 tenders needed for the building work on the ground, how long will that take, going through the process of HBC mmetings, we need to get our skates on, it will be christmas before we know it, and only a few months left till the deadline, the leeway mentioned will surely have to come into operation to have the facilty ready and going for August 2010, surely the pitch will not just be marked out and a fence put around it, that will take a while to bed in, obviously due to the costings here we will not be laying a new pitch, so re-seeding will be needed as the pitch area up there, although it might look ok on the eye, it will need to be brought up to the required standard of the league, especially for the safety of the players.....

FALLON
FALLON

June 25th, 2009, 7:26 am #10

Glyn,

From experience at Town, planning permission will probably take a month or so to get. You have to have a three week wait after you submit it to allow for any objections that may be put forward by anybody, and then wait for the planning meeting (they meet most weeks though I think). If there are any objections, then it may take slightly longer.

As for the 31st March 2010, this date is set by the Football Association so that they can figure out who the league(s) set up for the following season. All of the facilities have to be all completed by this date, including (to name a few) dressing rooms finished, turnstiles/pay box, perimeter fencing, hard standing around the ground, floodlights up and working, toilets, and a host of other things that most supporters probably dont realise.

I would agree that it is a tight timescale aiming for the 2010/11 season, and I wish you luck.

FALLON

Confirmation of reply: