F/T Runcorn 2 Alty 1 (nt)

darrend
darrend

October 12th, 2004, 8:52 pm #1

(nt)

Ste Biggy
Ste Biggy

October 12th, 2004, 9:13 pm #2

Well done lads tonight!!! A super result against an Alty side that really shocked me, because they are shit. If they can be up there there is no reason why we cant.

Tony Mc fantastic again, although barring the goal which he was helpless with had very little to do apart from the odd cross but did it well.

Defence very good ( even Ged Nolan! )

Midfield in the game for once, mainly due to the fact that Lee Parle played in the centre.

We created some chances upfront ad the strikers had a good game on the whole, Ged Courtney had a poor game though. Nicky Young is getting better and better.

Anyone know what has happened to Richard Acton, he never made mistakes like that when he was with us!

All in all a great result and a decent performance, bring on Stafford!

Lighty for Runcorn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

October 12th, 2004, 11:30 pm #3

"Well done lads tonight!!! A super result against an Alty side that really shocked me, because they are shit. If they can be up there there is no reason why we cant."

As said on other forums maybe it was just a bad day for Alty and its not like we must have been playing that bad every week.

So you admitted we were shit so therefore all are comments are true so we are not being bitter.

Two bad teams but we were the worst, simple as that.

But if you really are thick enough to think thats how we have been playing every week then you really are very very thicker than I expected,

Think its quite obvious we had an off day. If we played like that in all our games we'd be below Stalybridge.

A.
A.

October 13th, 2004, 9:11 am #4

There is no doubt that your team had an off day Gary. Surely the league table doesn't lie? Like you said, on this occassion Altrincham were the worst of a bad bunch although I do beleive Runcorn deserved the win.

Your fans travelled in numbers and were very vocal, this is a credit to your club. Just a shame that it's not the fans that pick up the three points.

Regards
A.

October 13th, 2004, 9:41 am #5

as they scored 2 goals to our 1.

I know a few Runcorn fans do not agree on the Conf North forum (where have they come form??) but I honestly believe that both teams were bad but we managed to be worse than you.

Must be a shame that they are trying to make us be arrogant\wind us up but at the end of the day all Alty fans agree that we were shockingly bad and our worse performance of the season by far.

Badger
Badger

October 13th, 2004, 10:17 am #6

It could also have been that Runcorn hassled and chased your players all over the pitch forcing them into errors.

A.
A.

October 13th, 2004, 10:56 am #7

as they scored 2 goals to our 1.

I know a few Runcorn fans do not agree on the Conf North forum (where have they come form??) but I honestly believe that both teams were bad but we managed to be worse than you.

Must be a shame that they are trying to make us be arrogant\wind us up but at the end of the day all Alty fans agree that we were shockingly bad and our worse performance of the season by far.

Most of the posters on that Conference forum don't appear to be true Runcorn fans. I don't see the need in being arrogant as in our state we have nothing to crow about. A win over Altrincham is a good achievement considering our current places in the league, but it is just another result and a much needed three points.

Regards
A.

Confirmation of reply: