Entrance Fees

Entrance Fees

FALLON
FALLON

June 23rd, 2006, 7:37 am #1

Can I just ask whether this has been agreed for next season? It says in the Weekly News £5.00 for Adults / £2.00 for concessions. Surely it can't be this much?

Daz
Daz

June 23rd, 2006, 8:29 am #2

And ask any questions there.

Personally I think it shoul be £1 kids or free for kids and £3.50 adults.
Them prices are a bit steap.

June 23rd, 2006, 8:47 am #3

Can I just ask whether this has been agreed for next season? It says in the Weekly News £5.00 for Adults / £2.00 for concessions. Surely it can't be this much?
The business case is based on £5/£3 - which is what I told Dave Bettley, so an error has crept in there.

These prices were looked at by the league, and they didn't say that they were any different from what other clubs in the league were charging.

Cheers,

Steve.

June 23rd, 2006, 8:52 am #4

The paper does say £5/£3 - so it is correct. It's also correct in saying that these prices have not yet been set in stone, and so we are open to suggestions, and haven't ruled out "creative ticketing" with special family discounts and the like.

Cheers,

Steve.

Tufty
Tufty

June 23rd, 2006, 9:06 am #5

The prices have to be realistic, especially taking into account the travel involved to Witton. (£5 petrol in a car)

The £7 admission that FC Halton charged for Conference North football and Unibond Prem football was considered to high by many.

Is this £5 the seating price or standing?

Do you have details of prices for what other NWCL2 sides charged last season? (Exclude games against FC United as FC United charged a highly inflated price based on people being used to paying £30 match tickets at MUFC and other clubs use them to cash in on the return fixture).
Several NWCL2 sides also include the brief programme free with their admission.

I know its a hard situation to be in, as a business plan has been drawn up already, but a realistic price of £4 for adults and £1 for under 18's. With under 14's being admitted for free.
Its important to attract the younger support, to develop the clubs future.

The other thing to take into account, is that on most home games, you can expect Northwich Vics to be at home and they play 150 yards away from the turnstiles of Witton.

I know tonights public meeting is possibly the best place for debate, but people read these forums who might not be able to attend tonight.

Perhaps a market research sheet could be handed out tonight, asking people to write down what they would realistically expect to pay for admission, these can be handed in without the debate.

WESTON VILLAGE BARMY ARMY

June 23rd, 2006, 4:00 pm #6

Does anybody really mind paying £5 instead of £3.50??? Ok if the money was going into somebodys arse pocket then yeah i could understand the argument. However any money the club recieves gets put back into the club for the use of the club, be that for paying players wages, buying training equipment etc. What we have to remember here is the club/trust is a non profit making organisation, and as yet we have very little in way of cash flow. We have given cazza a budget to work with, we have had to pay a fee to the n.w.c.l to guarentee we will complete our fixtures next season, we have to pay rent for the use of wincham park and we still havent bought two playing strips yet! Maybe we could look at a reduction in the not to distant future when we have established ourselves or got back into runcorn. Tufty you say your worried because of the petrol involved have you thought of car sharing (how much does it cost going to old trafford every other week?) I would agree that we should have a reduction for under 18's though i think £2 would be fair, and im speaking as somone who would be looking to take his three children every home game. ANY THOUGHTS.........

Anonymous
Anonymous

June 26th, 2006, 10:25 am #7

AGREED THERE

The Real Runcorn
The Real Runcorn

June 26th, 2006, 11:23 am #8

Does anybody really mind paying £5 instead of £3.50??? Ok if the money was going into somebodys arse pocket then yeah i could understand the argument. However any money the club recieves gets put back into the club for the use of the club, be that for paying players wages, buying training equipment etc. What we have to remember here is the club/trust is a non profit making organisation, and as yet we have very little in way of cash flow. We have given cazza a budget to work with, we have had to pay a fee to the n.w.c.l to guarentee we will complete our fixtures next season, we have to pay rent for the use of wincham park and we still havent bought two playing strips yet! Maybe we could look at a reduction in the not to distant future when we have established ourselves or got back into runcorn. Tufty you say your worried because of the petrol involved have you thought of car sharing (how much does it cost going to old trafford every other week?) I would agree that we should have a reduction for under 18's though i think £2 would be fair, and im speaking as somone who would be looking to take his three children every home game. ANY THOUGHTS.........
Why pay £5 to watch the fake Runcorn, when the real Runcorn team will be playing home games at Pavillions for £2?
£2 for adults and free for kids to watch Runcorn Town, plus cheap beer in Pavillions, or £5 plus travel to Witton to watch the fake Runcorn playing in another town.
I know which one will appeal to people.

john smith
john smith

June 26th, 2006, 12:44 pm #9

when your down at pavilions make sure you stick to lager, your already Bitter!

June 26th, 2006, 5:26 pm #10

Why pay £5 to watch the fake Runcorn, when the real Runcorn team will be playing home games at Pavillions for £2?
£2 for adults and free for kids to watch Runcorn Town, plus cheap beer in Pavillions, or £5 plus travel to Witton to watch the fake Runcorn playing in another town.
I know which one will appeal to people.
Real Runcorn, MY ARSE! Remind me how many times has the "REAL RUNCORN" represented the town at Wembley,? how many times has the "REAL RUNCORN" represented the town in NATIONAL cup competitions?, how many times has the "REAL RUNCORN" won NATIONAL honours? how many times has the "REAL RUNCORN" played in front of more than 100 people?
As for "knowing what the people would want" I know that when i think of pavillions and football i think of sunday league football and some of the crap thats graced them pitches (myself included)!
Agree with the cheap ale though......... As for the rest thanks for the laughs!!

Confirmation of reply: