Eggchasers

Eggchasers

badger
badger

March 6th, 2004, 1:06 pm #1

Reported scuffles last night at widnes v huddersfield.Wonder if it will be mentioned in the WN.

Tufty
Tufty

March 6th, 2004, 4:30 pm #2

What a waste of council tax, they dont even go!

Empty stadium last night and shite on the pitch, great entertainment.

Happy egg chaser
Happy egg chaser

March 6th, 2004, 9:08 pm #3

Then again, how would you know Tufty unless you were watching it on Sky ?

Secret rugby supporter or what ?

How many times have 5K attended Runcorn matches at the stadium ?

Dave G
Dave G

March 6th, 2004, 9:17 pm #4

5,000 is a pathetic crowd for top level sport, after all, Widnes play in the top level of their sport.
Im sure Runcorn would get more than 5,000 if they played in the Premier League.

March 6th, 2004, 9:36 pm #5

Looks like Widnes will only need to use as much of the ground as Runcorn next season. What will you be in the Arriva Trains cup and Northern Ford league?
I'm suprised 'eggchaser' that after your pathetic start to the season your not to embarrassed to come on this website. Please go back to your Rugby League site but be careful not to drop your mouse on the way.

Eggchaser
Eggchaser

March 7th, 2004, 3:18 pm #6

Saying a ground was empty with 5,000 in attendance is a joke and comparing Runcorn with Widnes Vikings is also a joke. The Vikings are in Superleague, you are nowhere near even conference league.

Within 2 years, all that will be left in Runcorn will be some junior soccer and two mid-cheshire league clubs, that's hardly something to brag about is it ?

At Friday's match two Runcorn schools had dozens of kids and their parents playing on the pitch, where's Runcorn FC's recruitment of young footballer's gone ?

Not that it matters to half the people on this web site as you don't go to any games, don't do anything to build football in the town, so you are just armchair supporters. There are old men that shame the likes of Alan and Tony. All talk.

Marky B
Marky B

March 7th, 2004, 3:53 pm #7

5,000 seats out of 11,000+ seats is empty, its less than half full.

Widnes need 6,000+ people to break even, so worry about your own side going bust first. After the displays against Salford and the one on friday night, Im sure the 5,000 will soon become 3,000.

As for them adverts on the pitch, they should be banned, as they do nothing for the playing surface.

Egg chaser
Egg chaser

March 7th, 2004, 6:30 pm #8

The players were out to throw the game to get the coach sacked. If the Widnes board have done it they have handed the running of the club to the team..

Somehow I don't see that being the likely result, even if they do sack the coach. If I were him I might quit anyway.

You might want to look at your own club and wonder if anyone could take those sort of decisions without a 2 year lead in ??

art
art

March 8th, 2004, 10:28 am #9

widnes were 12/1 to go down a few weeks ago and was tipped up in the racing post.A massive gamble on them followed and they soon went down to 6/1 at the start of the season.The racing post continued to tip them saying it was a straight 2 horse race with salford.After their 1st defeat widnes was down to 3/1 and now they're as low as 6/4.Still worth a dabble me thinks.
p.s If they do go down,they will go bankrupt and I cant see the council bailing them out this time.

Eggchaser2
Eggchaser2

March 8th, 2004, 2:18 pm #10

They are unfit and drinking too much. To get rid of the coach certain ringleaders had obviously decided to play poorly on Friday. Result - Board fires coach or coach walks. Simple really.

Doubt if they will go bankrupt as they were only club to finish last season well in the black. Their fear of spending is a reason they have so many past it players.

The board of Widnes RLFC has its fair share of do nothings like Runcorn FC.

Confirmation of reply: