Did LIST raise the money for the rent in time or have we no home now either?

Did LIST raise the money for the rent in time or have we no home now either?

Ste Biggy
Ste Biggy

February 3rd, 2005, 11:28 am #1

?

Simon
Simon

February 3rd, 2005, 11:53 am #2

Its time to show the Doc that he is not wanted.
Spread the word, stay away on sat.
Your £8 admission could be donated to LIST, but dont let The Doc get his hands on it.

The sooner he goes, the sooner we can progress as a club.

(Ste Biggy, no giving lifts this week, keep to your word).

Fan
Fan

February 3rd, 2005, 12:55 pm #3

Correct me if I'm wrong! The club would have to call an EGM and consult the shareholders before the reins are handed over to anyone taking over the running of the club?

SteveP
SteveP

February 3rd, 2005, 1:29 pm #4

I'm tempted to agree with you, but I don't know how the voting works - however, as the (vast) majority shareholder, can't the Doc push through any changes he wants?

Cheers,

Steve.

r.smith
r.smith

February 3rd, 2005, 3:08 pm #5

..there is now no 10 year agreement to use the stadium.

Thus the £3K can be paid but future use of the stadium is not guaranteed.
(unless another agreement has been spirited up in the last 24 hours ?)

I know it hasn't been paid by the way, and so do Radio Merseyside, etc.

I can't see the stadium refusing this week's match, but what about the rest of the season ?

Sad day in one respect, but brighter if it means the Doc's no longer the
master of his destiny. (and the club's)

Linnet
Linnet

February 3rd, 2005, 9:03 pm #6

If it wasn't for th Doc the club would be long gone. This talk of Pavillions is a load of tosh, it was looked into before we moved as was Halton Sports. Talk of shutting the door after the proverbial horse has bolted!

Ste Biggy
Ste Biggy

February 3rd, 2005, 10:58 pm #7

An AGM would not need to be called for LIST to run the club, but it would if they were trying to take the club over.

Its like a buisness, there is the owner ( the doc ), who takes relatively a back seat and he appoints a manager to run the buisness while he reaps all the profits.

By the way Simon, you can rest assured I will keep to my word, I just hope it makes a difference.

r.smith
r.smith

February 4th, 2005, 12:27 am #8

....Fact.. whatever some people think the club has to decide in future weeks where it sees its future.

If it is going to play at Halton Stadium it runs out of money by the end/before end of season. (unless someone comes in with mega bucks - not a likelihood ?)If it moves to another acceptable (albeit cheaper stadium) like Witton Albion it still faces the questions a) can it financially make it through the next season and b)if it can't (and knows it) what does it do before the end of the season to adjust WHERE it is going to play ? The little but often overlooked problem is can the club book a venue for whatever league it sees its future in ? Effectively it bleeds to death.

The above discounts whatever results the players achieve or the fact that no spare cash or effort is deployed to build match attendance/club members. Neither these areas are predictable with any certaintity, but they matter to rebuilding any club in the state Runcorn is in.

Only 2 options face Runcorn - bleed to death at another stadium slightly slower than the past, but with no club development, or drop to northwest counties league and start rebuilding. It is my personal opinion, but I think the latter is more realistic. Unfortunately either relies on one FACT - where is the club planning to book for next season ? If you leave it until the end of the season it will be too late - no-one can book that late in any league. This is probably the biggest practical decision to make. Unfortuanately only the club can decide it !

Anything else is burying your head in the sand.

Tony
Tony

February 4th, 2005, 9:49 am #9

That is one of the best articles I have read on here.

Option 2 is the only viable option. However, with people like Derek Greenwood on board, they only see playing at the highest level.
They are not prepared to cut off their nose to spite their face.
Perhaps its down to their age, they know they wont be arround for the long term future, so just live for the moment.
Its this very reason they accept the club playing at Widnes.
The likes of Derek Greenwood talked a good game when the club faced eviction from Canal Street, but they have not walked the walk and still continue to lap up to the Chairman like the little sheep followers they are.
Until these attitudes are changed, the club will never progress.

Tufty
Tufty

February 4th, 2005, 10:32 am #10

2 great threads on the subject.
The only serious way of the club progressing is by reforming. You only have to look at Aldershot, Accrington Stanley, Maidstone, AFC Wimbledon to see this can be done.
Add into this the fans run clubs, Lincoln City and Marine as 2 examples.
As stated above, people are quite happy to accept what they have now, they see the effort of walking away as to big a challenge.

Last nights Weekly News states how Pavillions is in a need of upgrade just for the level its at now.
Its obvious that by getting Runcorn FC on board, that this would benefit.
Both Pavillions and Runcorn FC want the councils help, this can be achieved better as one.
The £1.5 million being used to re-develop the bottom end of the Halton Stadium would be better suited to helping both clubs. Why expand a stadium that is never full and has only ever been near capacity on 2 occasions in its history, it doesnt make sense both logical and economical.

Now onto Dave Bettley, what gives him the right to start preaching the moral high ground about stay away fans and people coming to support the club?
Perhaps he should get a balanced view on his reporting and interview a couple of the fans who refuse to go to Widnes.
There are fans who go away, but wont go to Widnes, why not get their views?
Dave Bettley has proved year after year, that he is just a puppet. Hes always been afraid to print fans views or to upset anyone at the club, as he doesnt want to harm his friendly days out at the club. As a result, his reporting is nothing more than you will find in a state controlled republic, perhaps he should be writing for the Iranian Times, were he can print what the corporation wants to hear, rather than what is the truth.

So come on Mr Bettley, the media should rely on the viewpoints of all, not just a selected little clique, who are afraid of people such as The Doc.

I would welcome Mr Bettleys views on this.

Confirmation of reply: