After game boardroom events

After game boardroom events

DJhinckley
DJhinckley

February 19th, 2005, 7:52 pm #1

One of the Hinckley directors came and talked to us after the match and said he'd just been in your boardroom when your chairman quit and walked out, followed by the rest of the Runcorn directors, leaving the Hinckley board members all on their own.

Don't know if this was just a heat of the moment thing or wether he was serious about it?

Simon
Simon

February 19th, 2005, 8:58 pm #2

The Doc never goes games and there are no other directors.

Tony
Tony

February 19th, 2005, 9:27 pm #3

Told Alan Jones and Co, that this was his last game and he cannot take them any further or fund them anymore.
His dream was for a team that Halton will be proud of nad the public have failed to support this.
This was also the last game at the Stadium.

Its now up to the fans to united behind lIST.

r.smith
r.smith

February 19th, 2005, 11:05 pm #4

..so next thursday expect the weekly news to carry a 'we've quit and moved to Witton' story, along with a 'LIST & Supporters in bid to save club' type of stories.

I'll wait and see if doc has gone just yet though.

I think the doc will have been there to see the end at the stadium and that's it.

fan
fan

February 20th, 2005, 3:07 am #5

a steward @ the hinkley match was sayin that he dont think it is our last game there, something about a member of the council was at a game widnes under 18's someone said 'runcorn only got 1 more game left here' to which the council man, said that that was certainly not the case

r.smith
r.smith

February 20th, 2005, 11:54 am #6

..more likely he wanted a quiet life at the match ?

There are a lot of big mouths amoungst the Widnes councilors, who promise the world.
(generally with other people's money)One of them is always bumming his way into Viking
games, by either hiding in an unused box or hanging around somewhere similar. He should
just be reported to the govt's standards board. (there is a web site)He wouldn't have a
leg to stand on.

I can't see the club staying there much longer with no funding from anywhere new.

I would start forgeting about Widnes as a bad dream and get on with thinking about the
future.

Confirmation of reply: