Admission price next season/midweek games/ fan issues/ fans forum

Admission price next season/midweek games/ fan issues/ fans forum

Concerned Fan
Concerned Fan

February 16th, 2010, 1:14 pm #1

Its time to address all fan issues now.
What would fans like to see and why?

Should fans have a monthly fans forum where we put ideas to the board? Or a fans forum that sees a supporters club representative take issues to the clubs board?

Lets get the ball rolling.

Now the club has a 3 year shirt sponsorship deal, it would be a nice reward for fans, if they kept the home shirts for a 3 year period. This would give more value to the home shirt and would probably result in a larger volume of shirt sales.

The current adult admission price is far to high, especially when compared to the proposed price at Runcorn Town. In a realistic world, anything above £4 is excessive and I would suggest that £4 is the adult price.
Given the proposals from Runcorn Town with regards to junior admission, I suggest that a gate is in operation for all home league games whereby an under 16 supporter can turn up and gain admission for free, backed up by weekly or monthly promotions for this free gate.

Midweek games should not clash with live Champions League/ UEFA cup games involving either Liverpool, Everton or Manchester United. Monday nights and Friday night football should also be trialled, even the possibility of Sunday games.
Again, any home fixture clashing with the Grand National should be moved.

Car parking should remain free for all supporters to use. A steward should be on hand both before the game and after the game to control the flow of vehicles. Halton Sports should have their own customer car park.
Essential before the game given the limited space for cars. (Will space be set aside for a visiting team coach? The layout of the entrance from Murdishaw avenue makes it difficult for a team coach to access).

I would like to suggest the inclusion of a bike rack/shed for supporters, who can be encouraged to attend games on their bikes. This can also fit in with the clubs environmental policy and the councils healthy living strategy.

Supporters should be allowed acccess to the bar at half time.

The club house should include a large screen and Sky sports/ESPN. (Perhaps a deal could be done to use the existing equipment that The Halton Arms use, with a seperate screen in the club house?)

What would other supporters like to see.
Remember, this is meant to be a Fans Run Club.

Daz Law
Daz Law

February 16th, 2010, 2:06 pm #2

Under 16s get in Free anyways have been for the last 3 years. Regarding getting sky or epsn I honestly cant see the club doing as cost over couple grand a year to have this just like in Local pub so I think sky would charge the same for the club as the club house classed as public house in away .

behonest i would like to see the club keep the same shirt for 2 years with the same sponsor on it as i hope we gunna see .

Probable board member
Probable board member

February 16th, 2010, 2:13 pm #3

Can under 16's just turn up on the match day and get in for free?

Daz Law
Daz Law

February 16th, 2010, 7:12 pm #4

For what i can gather yes there can without trust or season tickets

Ste Biggy
Ste Biggy

February 17th, 2010, 1:59 am #5

Should fans have a monthly fans forum where we put ideas to the board? Or a fans forum that sees a supporters club representative take issues to the clubs board?

Now the club has a 3 year shirt sponsorship deal, it would be a nice reward for fans, if they kept the home shirts for a 3 year period. This would give more value to the home shirt and would probably result in a larger volume of shirt sales.

The current adult admission price is far to high, especially when compared to the proposed price at Runcorn Town. In a realistic world, anything above £4 is excessive and I would suggest that £4 is the adult price.
Given the proposals from Runcorn Town with regards to junior admission, I suggest that a gate is in operation for all home league games whereby an under 16 supporter can turn up and gain admission for free, backed up by weekly or monthly promotions for this free gate.

Midweek games should not clash with live Champions League/ UEFA cup games involving either Liverpool, Everton or Manchester United. Monday nights and Friday night football should also be trialled, even the possibility of Sunday games.

Car parking should remain free for all supporters to use. A steward should be on hand both before the game and after the game to control the flow of vehicles. Halton Sports should have their own customer car park.
Essential before the game given the limited space for cars. (Will space be set aside for a visiting team coach? The layout of the entrance from Murdishaw avenue makes it difficult for a team coach to access).

I would like to suggest the inclusion of a bike rack/shed for supporters, who can be encouraged to attend games on their bikes. This can also fit in with the clubs environmental policy and the councils healthy living strategy.

The club house should include a large screen and Sky sports/ESPN. (Perhaps a deal could be done to use the existing equipment that The Halton Arms use, with a seperate screen in the club house?)

Why would the club have Sky Sports/ESPN when the club will only be open on matchdays?

You cant just go moving home games wherever you like, its not asif you can ring Colne and say " we dont want to play you on Tuesday, so you have to play is on Friday ".

Both teams have to agree to fixture changes.

You should know better Tufty, you know alot more about football than to come up with such stupid ideas.

Tufty
Tufty

February 17th, 2010, 9:30 am #6

I havent even posted in this thread, so not sure what your on about?

Will the club house have plans to open throughout the week or is it only a matchday club? I suppose with Halton Sports next door its pointless, one of the drawbacks of the site, as revenue needs to be raised on non-matchdays and a social club is important to that (A well run social club that is).
On the subject of having SKY etc, im sure that if a facility existed for showing live games and Im sure people are well aware of ways of doing this, then it could benefit the number of people spending in the social club. For example if Linnets are at home at 3pm and there is a game on Sky at 12:45pm and then one at 5:30pm, you would be able to show games before and after Linnets home games, extending the time people would be in the social club.
The danger is that they pop in next door to watch the games in there.
Its also a way of marketing the social club and then persuading people watching the live games to pop outside to watch the Linnets games.

With regards to home games, Im sure you can play on whatever night the opposition club and the league agree to the game being payed on.
I cant see any benefit with Friday football and it wont put anymore on the gates. Hyde Utd used to play Monday night football to avoid clashing with Utd and Citys midweek games. i do agree that games clashing with Champions league games are not ideal, but they take up most Tuesdays and Wednesdays. For an example look at last night. Linnets played ona night clashing with Man Utd playing Milan, yet if it was oved to tonight for example, it would clash with a live game on ITV. The key in fixture planning would be to say look at the next leg, Utd v Milan is on ITV on the Wednesday, so Tuesday would be the midweek match night. Much harder to do though when you have more local interest teams involved.

A realistic admission price is about £3.50 buts its never going to happen. The club prefer to tax current spectators, rather than attract new ones.
I can see them sticking with inflated prices, using the excuse "Well at least people dont have to pay to travel to Witton now".

Daz Law
Daz Law

February 17th, 2010, 3:59 pm #7

Why would the club have Sky Sports/ESPN when the club will only be open on matchdays?

You cant just go moving home games wherever you like, its not asif you can ring Colne and say " we dont want to play you on Tuesday, so you have to play is on Friday ".

Both teams have to agree to fixture changes.

You should know better Tufty, you know alot more about football than to come up with such stupid ideas.
You need to take out annaual 12 month contact with sky as the clubhouse will be classed as soical club/public house so your looking about 1/2 grand regarding epsn you may get away with notpaying annual contact like sky maybe cheaper . I know this as working in pubs and taking me landlord in the past .

Probable board member
Probable board member

February 17th, 2010, 4:07 pm #8

what refreshments will be available in the fans area

Probable board member
Probable board member

February 18th, 2010, 8:30 am #9

any new pics of the ground

urkey
urkey

February 18th, 2010, 9:29 am #10

Going around the various grounds in our league, admision prices seem to be set around the £5 - £5.50 mark, £3.50 is unrealastic, when you take into account match official payments alone (a refferee gets somewhere around £40 match fee, then 40p a mile expences so a 50 mile round trip would cost £60 in total, you then have linesmans fees and expences to pay on top of that).

Confirmation of reply: