A question for Town fans who were at Ashton yesterday

A question for Town fans who were at Ashton yesterday

Ste Biggy
Ste Biggy

September 18th, 2011, 10:18 am #1

As you are the first of the two Runcorn clubs to play a team from that level, I was wondering what your opinions are on the difference in standard between yourselves and Ashton, and indeed any other sides you have faced in the NWCL compared to Ashton?

FALLON
FALLON

September 18th, 2011, 12:37 pm #2

Hi Biggy

The difference in standard was not too different to be honest. Was quite a close first half and we created a number of decent chances. The second half we didnt play at all, perhaps a case of heads dropping after their goals after 56 and 58 minutes.

The main difference I would say was clinical finishing. We created a good 7 or 8 chances each, and they finished 5 of their chances. I'd have taken getting to this stage though to be honest, and its something for us to learn from I guess!

Good result for Linnets at Squires Gate. Reading Macca's comments on the NWCL site he says you didnt play that well, but I reckon you will win at home as you have a decent record there this season. Hopefully a nice draw on Monday for you also!

FALLON

yellow and green
yellow and green

September 28th, 2011, 9:16 am #3

just afew club officials i guess.nobody watch,s them in runcorn.

Probable board member
Probable board member

September 28th, 2011, 12:50 pm #4

evident at the Woodley Sports game yesterday with a huge turnout of 22 according to counties website

Ste Biggy
Ste Biggy

September 29th, 2011, 11:12 am #5

That turnout is shameful not for Town, but for Woodley Sports. How do these teams survive?

FALLON
FALLON

September 30th, 2011, 7:51 am #6

As you are the first of the two Runcorn clubs to play a team from that level, I was wondering what your opinions are on the difference in standard between yourselves and Ashton, and indeed any other sides you have faced in the NWCL compared to Ashton?
Biggy, I was shocked at the crowd. It was absolutely dead and you get more watching our respective youth teams on a Sunday morning. 17 of the 22 were with us, so its got to be asked where at the Woodley fans were? I know City and United were on TV, but still!

Probable board member
Probable board member

September 30th, 2011, 8:46 am #7

No good playing a game on a Champions league night when United are at home and City are on TV v Bayen Munich.
Any games clashing with TV schedules are always going to attract less people, especially those that clash with a live game on ITV.

Take away the gates of 3 or 4 clubs across the NWCFL 2 divisions (Both Runcorn clubs included) and you can see that the level of football has little appeal with paying spectators, the average gates are around 40 fans.

avi cohen
avi cohen

September 30th, 2011, 7:30 pm #8

Biggy, I was shocked at the crowd. It was absolutely dead and you get more watching our respective youth teams on a Sunday morning. 17 of the 22 were with us, so its got to be asked where at the Woodley fans were? I know City and United were on TV, but still!
Fallon maybe i am missing a trick here but Town & linnets are saturday pub/ex work teams so lack of support must be expected Runcorn A F C were the only team to represent the whole of Runcorn . you could probaly say that RAFC were the closest to being semi pro this town will ever have . i can remember watching gen chems when there were 5 men and a dog watching . so my point is TOWN / LINNETS are never going to attract any substantial crowd figures . just my opinion but i am sure this will be correct .

Ste Biggy
Ste Biggy

September 30th, 2011, 9:07 pm #9

Linnets are currently attracting more supporters than the old club did for the last few years at canal street.

avi cohen
avi cohen

October 1st, 2011, 12:23 am #10

i think the key word there is CURRENTLY ! will linnets ever hit the dizzie heights that RAFC did ? well let me tell you the answer NOOOOOOOOOOOO , same as town NOOOOOOOOOO . as for bigger gates than RAFC i would dispute that fact . I have taken and seen flags at many stadiums through out the world with RUNCORN A F C written on them , would you see the same stadiums with runcorn linnets or town flags draped over a barrier ? again NOOOOOOOOOOOOO why ?

Confirmation of reply: