December 3rd, 2009, 11:57 am #1

The Deadline 31st of March 2010

This is the date the ground has to be ready for inspection by the Authorities before acceptance and safety certificates etc can be issued and the ground be used for the 2010/2011 Season kicking off in August 2010.

That means taking Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Years Day out of equation and including all standard working days and incorporating Saturdays & Sundays we have starting tomorrow 115 Days to complete the project.

115 Days to get down a concrete apron, perimeter fencing, pitchside barriers, access roads, parking, floodlights installed, sponsor boarding up, seated stand erected, dressing room facilities built, clubhouse made presentable, safety & insurance liability surveys carried out and documentation issued, not to mention the fact we are now entering Winter!

The club needs to come out now, stop leading everyone along and confirm that the 2010/2011 Season will see Runcorn Linnets play out of Witton.

Maybe they will tell the dwindling trust at the AGM, for the rest of us they will just play Del Amitri over the Tannoy at the next home game:

So you're in love with someone else
Someone who burns within your soul
And it looks like I am the last to know
I hear you've never felt so alive
So much desire beyond control
And as usual I am the last to know

The last to know how you're feeling
The last to know where you are
The last to know if you're happy now
Or if he's treating you like I treated you
Or if he's cruel I'll be the last to know

We spent summers up beyond the bay
And you said these are such perfect days
That if the bomb drops baby, I want to be the last to know
But now you're living up behind the hill
And though we share the same city and feel the same sun
When your winter comes
I'll be the last to know

Always the last to know how you're feeling
Or if he's pleading with you like I pleaded with you
If you go don't let me be the last to know
Don't let me be the last
To know

Creation's gone crazy, (that ain't so bad) the TV's gone mad
(that ain't so bad)
Now you're the only sane thing that I have

Or if he's cheating on you like I cheated on you
And you were the last to know

Probable board member
Probable board member

December 3rd, 2009, 12:35 pm #2

The playing surface will not pass the inspection, it needs a hell of a lot of work doing to it.
I suspect that the lack of PR in the Runcprn area over the club setting up base in the town, is down to the fact that the board feel that they will not meet the deadline for the start of next season.

Town fan
Town fan

December 3rd, 2009, 1:37 pm #3

This is the date the ground has to be ready for inspection by the Authorities before acceptance and safety certificates etc can be issued and the ground be used for the 2010/2011 Season kicking off in August 2010.

That means taking Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Years Day out of equation and including all standard working days and incorporating Saturdays & Sundays we have starting tomorrow 115 Days to complete the project.

115 Days to get down a concrete apron, perimeter fencing, pitchside barriers, access roads, parking, floodlights installed, sponsor boarding up, seated stand erected, dressing room facilities built, clubhouse made presentable, safety & insurance liability surveys carried out and documentation issued, not to mention the fact we are now entering Winter!

The club needs to come out now, stop leading everyone along and confirm that the 2010/2011 Season will see Runcorn Linnets play out of Witton.

Maybe they will tell the dwindling trust at the AGM, for the rest of us they will just play Del Amitri over the Tannoy at the next home game:

When your winter comes
I'll be the last to know

Don't let me be the last
To know

(that ain't so bad)

yes I agree with your post and on reliable info believe that linnets are waiting for Towns ground get the go ahead for NWC next season and will be ground sharing come August...watch this space.

Probable board member
Probable board member

December 3rd, 2009, 2:09 pm #4

When your winter comes
I'll be the last to know

Don't let me be the last
To know

(that ain't so bad)

ha ha ha ha ha asif

fred
fred

December 3rd, 2009, 4:26 pm #5

When your winter comes
I'll be the last to know

Don't let me be the last
To know

(that ain't so bad)

I have watched the linnets at witton
I have been upto Halton sports to have a wander round
I have been to Town's ground 3 times recently
Witton is available next season [At what cost]
Halton Sports criteria has a number of items missing.
Town's ground is already upto the NWCL standard,
they are adding things above minimum requirements.
WE HAVE WORK TO DO TO HELP LINNETS 'I THINK'

ste b
ste b

December 3rd, 2009, 5:28 pm #6

probable board member why the hell not ?towns ground will be up to standard before then and have floodlights.linnets cant keep looking down their noses at town that attitude wont do when they need them to bail them out of the ****e they are in.why dont the linnets share with town next season ? its the only way they're ever going to kick a ball in runcorn for 10/11 season.the new ground plan just aint gonna work.the time scale is impossible and not doable in reality. realistic terms it wont happen.lack of publicity no show in the town no presence no fanfare no promoting of it to the public.why ? cause its called ''we know it aint gonna happen but we aint gonna annouce it till its nearer the date and use a cover exccuse to buy ourselfs time''.so why not use town?.pay rent it will be less than witton and thats the way linnets will be playing in runcorn in 10/11 season.it will also get them away from witton which they are desperate to do.think about it.ps what about all the ground money issues and accountancy details of grants funding money and things that need money to be built ? linnets are in dreamland.they aint woke up yet and they need to quickly !!

a fella
a fella

December 3rd, 2009, 5:43 pm #7

your spot on ste b groundshare is the only way and it's a cert for next season I have this on reliable source

Probable board member
Probable board member

December 3rd, 2009, 6:53 pm #8

When your winter comes
I'll be the last to know

Don't let me be the last
To know

(that ain't so bad)

Not likely. What about Runcorn Town Reserves who play there every other week?

Ste Biggy
Ste Biggy

December 4th, 2009, 6:04 am #9

When your winter comes
I'll be the last to know

Don't let me be the last
To know

(that ain't so bad)

There is no chance of this happening.

The F.A. dont let you just move from ground to ground willy nilly.

Also, if the Linnets were to share with Town they would lose the opportunity of the big " return to Runcorn in our new ground " marketing opportunity.

ste b
ste b

December 4th, 2009, 8:36 am #10

biggy i agree with you in principle fella and im sure there is also a law that stops teams moving as you rightly say.you also mention marketing opportunity of the big return home.shouldnt the board be building that up now ? you right its a huge marketing opportunity for them to create awareness and blow the trumpets of the linnets and create a feel good factor but not an ounce or a jot has come from them as a club and board.........why ? it just really does make you think that theres no hope for them and that their only hope is asking runcorn town if they let will them play on their ground.i hope it doesnt happen i hope linnets do get their own ground i hope they launch a huge advertising campaign in next week or so but all that aint gonna happen no matter how hard i hope or wish for it. merry christmas linnets.all we want for christmas is a sign of a new ground been built.

Confirmation of reply: