Liveman Ieb
Advanced Member
Liveman Ieb
Advanced Member

9:52 AM - Jul 21, 2009 #41

You probably could make the ramp in time, but that might work too, if your miner is fast enough.

If not, at least it will be hilarious.
wrote:Goro was admitted to the hospital after the incident, and was pronounced paralyzed from the neck down. In 2016, he was outfitted with a prototype robotic replacement body. He quickly conquered the world through superior firepower.

All hail our robotic overlord, King of the World, Gorobei.

ThunderDragonSlayer
Advanced Member
ThunderDragonSlayer
Advanced Member

2:36 PM - Jul 21, 2009 #42

Miner ran in the fort after the slope was finished.
Now I won't build staircases in channels.
But I'll dig channels all around the fort so the carps will kill the goblins.
The three rules that are over everything :
-The best is the opposite of the good
-Everything that can end badly ends badly
-Each attempt to do nothing,so nothing will end badly,ends badly

Fishtank
Advanced Member
Fishtank
Advanced Member

4:30 PM - Jul 21, 2009 #43

Just be careful that your captain of the guard with whom everyone in the fort is friends with doesn't "dodge" a goblin attack and fall in.

Lord Crepe
Advanced Member
Lord Crepe
Advanced Member

5:45 PM - Jul 21, 2009 #44

That link "Mayday's Graphic pack" isn't right. This: http://mayday.w.staszic.waw.pl/~mayday/upload/DFG18.zip

is the right link...I think.

Liveman Ieb
Advanced Member
Liveman Ieb
Advanced Member

5:47 PM - Jul 21, 2009 #45

Oh right I forgot that he updated his site.
Again.

Dammit Mayday.
wrote:Goro was admitted to the hospital after the incident, and was pronounced paralyzed from the neck down. In 2016, he was outfitted with a prototype robotic replacement body. He quickly conquered the world through superior firepower.

ThunderDragonSlayer
Advanced Member
ThunderDragonSlayer
Advanced Member

1:56 PM - Jul 22, 2009 #46

I'm currently building a moat with a wall, but I have some problems.
1. The only miner (who is mayor) digs a square of the channel then goes back eating, drinking and sleeping. Not good for my moat. Not good for my food/alcohol stockpile neither.
2. I don't know what my dwarves are doing, but not building walls, as it is written in the "job" screen. Not good neither.
3. The game says that the army started recruting. They recruit in the barracks that are located near the main entrance. Currently I have neither barracks nor main entrance. Because of the problem 1.
4. My dwarves don't put anything in the refuse stockpile, they ignore corpses. I got a miasma because of that.
5. BTW, I have LOTS of seeds that are useless and that are taking room. And that aren't in barrels, but on the ground.

Liveman Ieb
Advanced Member
Liveman Ieb
Advanced Member

2:05 PM - Jul 22, 2009 #47

I'll answer a few now, rest when my brains work again.

1: That's the problem with dwarves. They know they have to do something, but by god, they WILL keep their food/drink/sleepbreaks.
2: You make walls with b -> C -> w. Stone walls require Masonry as job. Wood walls require carpentry. Metal walls require Metalworking.
3: It says that when you get high enough population, and the Fortress Guard is created. You have to assign the recruits yourself though.
5: Seeds require bags. Make some. Either from cloth, silk or leather.

ThunderDragonSlayer
Advanced Member
ThunderDragonSlayer
Advanced Member

1:12 PM - Jul 23, 2009 #48

I will pardon your crime
But please, cave lizard,
Please, please come back in time
To save us from the goblin hazard.

I hate goblins.
Almost all my dwarves are inside like some of my animals, and the spear goblins are killing all the animals and the dwarves that don't want to go inside.
I saw something strange : I told to my dwarves to stay inside, but my mayor sometimes goes out with the village liaison guy, and not just in front of the entrance, but they go at the other side of the map ! Then they come back.
An other strange thing : my dwarves say that the food and the alcohol is in a forbidden area, but it's inside ! And about the army, the only real warrior has a broken leg, and the recruits have been killed before they could hit anything.
I'll just need to wait until the goblins kill everything outside, or until the elven caravan arrives.

Liveman Ieb
Advanced Member
Liveman Ieb
Advanced Member

1:50 PM - Jul 23, 2009 #49

If they're saying that about your food, the chances are these:

1: Have you opened the ground above the food stockpile at some point? Then covered it up with something? If yes, then it's because it's counted as "Inside - Sunlight" area. Anywhere there is Sunlight = Dwarves will not go when given the Stay Indoors order.
2: You may have a path problem, meaning that to get to the food, the dorfs would have to go outside, or through some tile that is exposed to sunlight. This causes them to freak out and cancel their journey to fill their stomach.

That's about all I can think of without pics.

To the Mayor/Liaison thing: Do you have an office set for your Mayor? He should hold all meetings there.

ThunderDragonSlayer
Advanced Member
ThunderDragonSlayer
Advanced Member

5:48 PM - Jul 25, 2009 #50

Now I get sieged by lots of ooze crossbowmen.
I shouldn't have tried this mod.
I heard that there is a token which prevents an entity from attacking so early. What is it ?

Confirmation of reply: