DTG: Chaos (v.1.0) (Complete)

Irecreeper
Descendant
Irecreeper
Descendant

September 16th, 2015, 2:59 am #1

If this is your first time here, please head to page one! I simply have an "objectives indicator" thing for the first post, as to not clutter every page up with the OP.
Chapter 5: The Watching Memory

OBJECTIVES:

ADVICE:
Prepare.

READ YOUR ALLIES POSTS! It'll help you not move to occupied spaces, attack dead enemies, ect...

DOCUMENT LINK:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

WALKTHROUGH LINK:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1a3N ... sp=sharing
i'd put something cryptic here, but I'm too busy thinking about hellshake yano

Irecreeper
Descendant
Irecreeper
Descendant

September 16th, 2015, 3:29 am #2

>DTG: CHAOS
Credit to TT2000 and Twinbuilder for hosting DTG! Wait, is it customary to put Tazz here too? I don't know.

The party was sweet. The taste of victory however, was even better. Moments after the fall of Richard, the descendants celebrated over the fall of the tyrant. The party raged on for days, but there was this sense of dream looming over the party. That ever-common feeling that anything could go wrong, at any time. But as people began to drop one by one, the Descendants couldn't help but feel sleepy. Most of the non-Descendants at the party tried their hardest to awaken the suddenly-fallen.

But nobody came.

DESCENDANTS. RISE UP. FIND AND DESTR<0>Y THE DREAMER. THIS IS Y<0>UR <0>NLY CHANCE T<0> ESCAPE.

That was all that echoed in the Descendant's minds before they woke up, in a land where the sky was ravaged by flashing scars. As the Descendants got up and surveyed their new world, they gazed upon a vast world; various floating islands hovered over the hazardous void, visible from the edge of the small island they were standing on. In an attempt to escape, everyone tries to access their power; the power to use their creativity in a manner of devastating and helpful ways. Sadly, nothing seemed to work; something was holding them back. As they pondered why this was the case, a red figure slammed down onto the island. Emotionless at first, he stared at the descendants; all of them. The figure's body was devoid of any markings, besides the occasional dashes of red. And then, a wide, crooked smile ripped across the figures face, as cracks, similar to those sundering the sky appeared on the figure.

cc: hello (c)hu(c)klegorillas. name's (c)haos.
cc: you may be wondering why you're here.
cc: you may be wondering why every(t)hing looks like an ar(t) s(t)uden(t) died by (c)onsuming several (c)ans of pain(t) and (t)hrowing up everywhere.
cc: and (t)here's a reason for (t)ha(t).

He floats up. It's clear that Chaos isn't lifting himself up; somebody's helping him.

cc: wel(c)ome (t)o my minds(c)ape, your new permanen(t) place of residen(c)e.
cc: and don'(t) ques(t)ion (t)he permanen(t);
cc: you're n e v e r leaving.

He flings his left arm to the side, and it promptly severs and flies into the distance, with a strange lash of code connecting it to his body. The figure promptly mimics his left arm with his right. Both arms turn in midair, and slam into the island the Descendants are all standing on. In an instant, the island is flipped like a little table. Everyone tumbles off the island, and find themselves falling onto another island. They all smack into a soft, sandy surface; the Descendants have been dropped straight into the local arena. Hordes of strange, silent monsters, all of them similar in complexion to Chaos, line the stands. From the center of the arena, the Descendants can't help but notice the mountain in the distance; a strange column of power is emitting from the summit.

cc: i had my shiny new sleep-indu(c)ing weapon, and i needed to (t)es(t) i(t).
cc: and wha(t) lu(c)k i had! mul(t)iple powerful beings (t)o work wi(t)h.
cc: normally, (t)his would be (t)he par(t) where i explain how (t)he weapon works and how you (c)an s(t)op me.
cc: bu(t) (t)here's no poin(t). you're going (t)o die, anyway.
cc: may as well make (t)his fun (t)o wa(t)ch.

Chaos rises into the sky, as the rusted gates of the arena slowly crank open. A chorus of moans, groans and whatever the hell the sound that creepers make echo out of the ajar gate. Glitched monsters, identical to those in the stands begin to pour out of the gate. The gaze of a thousand beasts lies upon the army of Descendants, awaiting their fate in the centre of the arena.

It's going to be a long day...

RULES:

The first thing you should know is that THIS IS NOT A CONVENTIONAL DESTROY THE GODMODDER GAME. This game runs off the... uh, CHAOS GRID system, which turns DTG into a grid-based strategy, akin to games like Card Hunter or Fire Emblem. Throw (mostly) everything you knew about DTG out the door when playing this game!

So, every single last rule in this particular DTG game is described HERE, in this Google Document!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Said Google Document is vital to playing the game! It contains the maps, skills, reference charts AND character sheets for each and every character involved! To start, you'll need to make a character, which is detailed in the tab called Character Creation. If you partook in the DTG Test-Quest a long time ago, this should be very familiar. I'll answer any questions relating to the game, but anyway...

Are you ready to defeat Chaos and escape his twisted mindscape? Only time will tell.

=TURN ZERO=

...nothing will happen until at least (3) people join the game! Difficulty will scale based on the number of players in-game.

Redstonetam15
Descendant

September 16th, 2015, 4:41 am #3

Stats:
27 HP (+6 for giving 6 Skill Points) (+1 from Helm)
11 MP (+1 for giving 1 Skill Point)
2 STR (+1 for giving 3 Skill Points)
2 INT (+1 for giving 3 Skill Points)
3 AGI (+1 for giving 3 Skill Points) (+1 from Armor) (5% dodge)
1 AC (+1 from Helm)

Weapon: Rapier (1 Range)
Skill: Lunge

Gear: Knight's Helm
Cloak of Concealment
Healing Aura (Increased mana and life regen)

Skill: Heal

Red gets popped into the mindscape. GORILLA!!!!!!!!

You are already dead.

engie
Descendant
engie
Descendant

September 16th, 2015, 6:28 am #4

21 HP
10 MP
5 STR
2 AGI
1 INT
0 AC

Delete Target Enemy Spell Rifle
Reload

Skull Cap
Frenzy Aura
Healing Aura

Enchant Weapon
Megalomaniac
Monster
"Psychopath"
"Broken"

pionoplayer
Ancestor

September 16th, 2015, 10:44 am #5

24 HP -4
10 MP
4 STR -6
4 AGI -3
2 INT -3
-1 AC

Ircucvci (+10 movement, +99% dodge chance, 100-101 damage, 50% to attack again after hitting enemy (may chain attacks)) Hehehe, yeah, no.
Twin Pistols

Cowl
Frenzy Aura
Finale Amulet

Grenade (5 MP): Range: 3, 5-6 damage, 1 splash with 3-4 damage. (+1 damage to main per 2 INT) (+1 range per 3 INT) (+1 splash radius at 4 INT)

I spawn at 6K

I would like a second ability. That would be useful. Also, any guesses as to who I'm playing as?
Yeah I got nothin.

Irecreeper
Descendant
Irecreeper
Descendant

September 16th, 2015, 2:02 pm #6

Alright, all characters accepted! I'll modify this post once I'm done adding them all to the game...

...Engie wants to one-shot things. This scares me deeply.

-----

As three people have created their characters, the game can begin! It's now officially Turn One! After this turn, additional monsters will spawn when people join the game!

=TURN ONE=

It's time for your first moves. While all you'll probably get done is smash a chest / annihilate a zombie (looking at Engie), positioning will be important. Chaos watches from above, equipped with a Popcorn Machine and floating lawnchair.

cc: heh.
cc: so we have s(c)rap me(t)al, (c)onsumer and keyboard.
cc: while normally i'd be (c)on(c)erned, (t)he op s(c)ale resides here, (t)oo.
cc: i also somehow doub(t) your abili(t)y (t)o deal wi(t)h (t)wo zombies + reinfor(c)emen(t)s.

September 16th, 2015, 2:53 pm #7

Potions of Regen
Mana Circlet
Mage Robes

21 HP (3 Regen)
16 MP +3 from Staff, +3 from Mage Robes
1 STR
2 AGI +1 from skill points
7 INT +4 from skill points, +2 from armor
0 AC

Staff
Efficiency

Beam
Heal

Irecreeper
Descendant
Irecreeper
Descendant

September 16th, 2015, 3:16 pm #8

>Note to new players / players spawning in right now; please state where you want to appear! It'll save you some time and help allies not stand where you want to appear.

September 16th, 2015, 3:26 pm #9

I'll stand just below piono then.

PitTheAngel
Descendant
PitTheAngel
Descendant

September 16th, 2015, 3:46 pm #10

((LOOK WHAT YOU'VE DONE, NOW I HAVE TO RESORT TO USING COLOR SWAPS. ARE YOU HAPPY?))

Ugh...where am I? Who are you people?

It's obviously Pit, anyone could look at him and see that, but he's different then normal. For one thing, he looks and sounds like he has no clue what's happening. For another, his clothes look a lot more different.

Well, there's nothing I can do but try to defend myself. Hopefully, something will make sense of all this.
[+] Spoiler
"Pit" 's stat table:
Weapon: Crossbow
Armor: Enchanted Hatstack, Metal Plating, Rabbit's Foot
Spell: Beam
STATS:
HP: 28 (+5 from Metal Plating + Enchanted Hatstack) (+3 from SP)
MP: 14 (+4 from SP)
STR: 2 (+1 from SP)
AGI: 3 (+2 from SP)
INT: 1
AC: 1 (+1 by Metal Plating)
"Pit" spawns at L4.
"I am a totally innocent maid that is corrupting everything around me."