Revamped: Azure Zirvaenis Class

Any fanworks that aren't fic or art should go here. Dragon Booster related stuff only, please.

Revamped: Azure Zirvaenis Class

Phuzion117
Street Racer
Phuzion117
Street Racer

27 Feb 2017, 19:44 #1

If you want a better look, here's the link:http://tidebouncer.deviantart.com/art/A ... -666040427

I'll post the explanations part from the description here for convenience.

Extra Info:
-While Gold Draconium wasn't present in the breeding process, their bones contain a higher trace amount of it compared to other breeds. This is due to Gold being more of a mind set, or a perspective, that's dormant within the dragons until the time comes for the planet of Draconis to begin to return to it's old, peaceful ways.
-Primary draconium influence is the term used for the first most notable/abundant draconium colour in their bones. This primary colour also dictates the dragon's behavior. This only covers Black, Blue and Grey draconium, as for Gold's 'perspective' is dormant.
Example: Blue-Grey-Black, the dragon is Blue Primary.
-Even though Azure dragons are hybrids, the breeding and laboratory process done by Word's funding (and threats) created a new breed of dragon. Their draconium is stable and, being only few of their breed, are pure Azure.
Rider and dragon in the Academy would excel in their training, due to the purity of the draconium being able to pass through the human body more easily.
-The eye colours with a 'C' are common traits, 'UC' is uncommon, and 'R' is rare. The two coloured irises are common traits.
-The weights on their tails are fragile and can easily break, causing imbalance. They grow back quickly. Their claws are of the hardest materials on Draconis. They are always sharp, digging into the track for more grip as the reach top speeds.
Traits
Uncommon Traits: Draconium markings on the tail, eye and tail markings like a King Cheetah
Rare Traits: Grey Primary dragons, Grey primary tail ridges and scale patterns, No secondary markings, Secondary Draconium Influence markings, Draconium markings on the front and hind legs,
Sounds
Azure dragons have the ability to produce many different sounds. Similar to a Parrot, they can learn human words. However, they are intelligent enough to learn the language and speak like a human. They usually only speak when in a safe place and with their rider. They can makes normal dragon sounds, and chirping sounds similar to Cheetahs. Dragons with Black draconium Primary can speak telepathically with their rider.
Speed and Running
Most dragons run at an an average 130mph (241 km/h)-200mph (322km/h). This estimate includes the heavier Bull and Earth class dragons, without any gear.
Azure dragons average at 175mph(282km/h)-270mph(435km/h), without any gear. They usually linger around 220-225mph(354-362km/h) since they can only run great speeds in short bursts.
If there is a plan to reach these speeds, some form of heat release-be it heat gear or mag energy-absolutely has to be present. Dragons have steam pods that release spurts of steam out of their bodies when they are overheated. An Azure dragon with release steam, however the pods do not release enough heat. Mostly they cloud the dragon in mist.
Like cheetahs, they can bolt to speed in a matter of seconds.
Azure dragons run the same way Cheetahs do.
Their nictitating membrane is clear, they keep it closed when they reach their top speed to protect their eyes from debris.

Some explinations!
These dragons have been based upon cheetah for a good while, but now that my attention to detail is better, I was able to use my knowledge to make it better. They share: large lungs and hearts, large nostrils for oxygen, tails used as rudders, sharp claws for grip, the same skeletal structure, the same circular limb motion when running, quick starts, same eye shape and some eye colours.
The carotid rete is a bunch of blood vessels that pass by or through (not fully sure) part of the nasal cavity. This placement cools the blood as the blood travels to the brain. This is present in the Thomson's Gazelle, one of the prey animals hunted by Cheetah. In other words, the Thomson's Gazelle can out run Cheetah's because their blood won't boil and kill them as it enters the brain. That's why Cheetah's have to stop running. (heat, burns calories etc). Then I thought: Dragons run faster and burn up so much food and heat up. If there was no release then, SURELY, they'd boil their brains. So headcannon that dragons have carotid rete, since they also have stamina-or at least better than the Cheetah.
Link:https://asknature.org/strategy/carotid- ... ols-brain/
And a pic to help out:http://www.open.edu/openlearn/ocw/plugi ... .small.jpg

The nictitating membrane is a third eyelid that some reptiles and all birds have. It is used to protect the eyes from debris in different habitats and to keep the eyes moist. Reptile's react on reflex, birds can control theirs.
Link:http://www.10000birds.com/what-is-a-nic ... mbrane.htm
Some cool gifs: http://i.imgur.com/jxsYNBV.gif

Used this site to help with size planning: www.mrinitialman.com/OddsEnds/
Dragon Booster Logo: dragon-city.org/Sites/dragonbo…
Dragon Booster and related characters © Rob Travalino, Kevin Mowrer, Nerd Corps (DHx Media), Aliiance Atlantis and Story Hat
Release the dragon. The dragon is the darkness before the light, the other half of the whole. Know that you are not complete without the dragon; know that if you dishonour the dragon, you dishonour yourself. Know that if you control the dragon, the dragon shall control you. The dragon is always with you, the dragon is part of you, and the dragon is always watching you. Release the dragon or the dragon shall be the instrument of your destruction.

Zexeos
Elite Class Racer
Zexeos
Elite Class Racer

27 Feb 2017, 21:11 #2

Honestly? Love it. The concepts and style are unique for the universe, and I love the concept of tail weights!! The color schemes are lovely, and that azure color is bomb-diggity. Gorgeous shade of blue.

As per the image issue, maybe I can help with posting the image? When I post it in a preview, it works fine for me. Can you give me more details about the issue?

Phuzion117
Street Racer
Phuzion117
Street Racer

02 Mar 2017, 05:17 #3

Honestly? Love it. The concepts and style are unique for the universe, and I love the concept of tail weights!! The color schemes are lovely, and that azure color is bomb-diggity. Gorgeous shade of blue.

As per the image issue, maybe I can help with posting the image? When I post it in a preview, it works fine for me. Can you give me more details about the issue?
Thank you! As much as I like the designs and concepts for DB, I tend to draw my own twist of the DB art style when I'm doing fan art. Course, using Beau templates and making Beau clones for years didn't help, haha! I wanted to make them more original this time round.

It works fine? Huh, it never showed up properly when I did the IMG code and link. I'll update the post then. If it shows up, then it worked! And thanks for letting me know! :cookie:
Release the dragon. The dragon is the darkness before the light, the other half of the whole. Know that you are not complete without the dragon; know that if you dishonour the dragon, you dishonour yourself. Know that if you control the dragon, the dragon shall control you. The dragon is always with you, the dragon is part of you, and the dragon is always watching you. Release the dragon or the dragon shall be the instrument of your destruction.