Past, Present And Future

Questions and Answers from one of the show's creators.

Past, Present And Future

The Furox
Elite Class Racer
The Furox
Elite Class Racer

17 Apr 2007, 07:14 #1

Past, Present and Future

Information from The Magna Draconis

This thread contains the responses from the creators of the show to our questions pertaining to the general category of the Past, Present and Future in the Dragon Booster world. It is also for follow-up discussion of those responses. Please keep follow-up discussion on-topic relative the original questions and responses (for example, speculating on what the answers mean in broader context is fine). If you wish to have a discussion about the history or future that is different from the Q&A shown here, then please start a new topic.

Click here for a Master Index of all Q&A from the creators of the show.

=====================================================

Nemi the Nen @ New York City, New York wrote:I take it things aren’t as bad for dragons as they were before/during the dragon human war, due to the fact that while dragons are resisting (‘getting harder to control’) it is a spotty effect, there have been no uprisings, and Our Hero isn’t attempting to right the wrongs committed against dragons despite his catch phrase.

So, my question is this: Dragons are racers, vehicles, and labour which can be traded and bought and sold; and they are not receiving monetary compensation for this, does that not make them slaves? (That’s a rhetorical question, since that’s the definition of slavery.) If not, how do you figure? (Room and board does not count as compensation, so I really want to hear this) If so, how much (or how was it) worse was it before the dragon human war?
Nemi, this might be my favorite question so far! Think of it this way. Humans and dragons were once total equals, they had property, jobs, rights and position. As they spread across the planet, they isolated themselves and evolved much like early humanity into races. In this case, draconium vastly sped up the process and also effected the energy of the humans too. As these factions came back into contact with each other, they no longer had anything in common. Friction, alliances and finally war was the result but in our wisdom or lack of, humans made the situation worse by not getting along with each other. The dragons at some point, decided enough was enough and even if the humans could not get along, they were all the same race so they stood together with some defections of course. When the original Dragon Booster and Beau stopped the war, the dragons chose "en masse" to serve for a time to help the humans rebuild the world. Dragons knew that alone humans were no match for dragons in combat. Humans in both the physical at metaphoric sense, fear the dragon, so dragon's figured they'd sacrifice and bide their time until humans were ready. But the equality never returned and in fact, the entire commercial structure that was built from Elite Class on down, that was designed to prevent war, is actually bringing it back. Now, the dragons sensing that their sacrifice was in vain, are restless...

------------------------------
I_Am_Chute wrote:Why is the Academy so large if only one racer is accepted every year? I know they are allowed to bring along some of their crew but not all of it because then the crew would no longer exist outside of the Academy.
Thanks for the question I_Am_Chute. The Academy has five huge levels that span the entire depth of Dragon City. It's very towers rise into Sun City but the Academy begins in Mid City. There are levels in Shadow Town, Work Town, Down City and the Old City, skipping the massive Precinct level of course. Inside the Academy, you are schooled by each of the 12 "ancient houses" in their particular flavor of draconium power, history and philosophy. These houses are the remnants of the ancient empires and also the inspiration for the present day crews. Inside the Academy structure, there is a huge Barracks/University/Library area that moves the entire depth of Dragon City from top to bottom on a massive gold draconium lift; stopping at distinct levels that contain huge labs, training areas and vast complexes of tracks, gear foundries, jousting grounds and temple structures. Towards the end of your training, you go down deep to the old city and enter ancient temples and forbidden areas. As you go deeper into your Academy Training, you go deeper into the depths of Dragon City and deeper into the ancient secrets of draconium, it's powers and properties. I can't give away too much but one reason only one rider gets in, is that very often, only one graduates. The idea is to learn the same lessons of balance that the Dragon Booster learned but all is not well. There is politics and division within Academy just as there is in the city and across the planet.

dolphinliss @ Boston, Massachusetts wrote:Is there any hope of DB Academy ever getting aired or can you tell us any information on the new episodes. I want to know all the info on that whole matter of DB Academy.
dolphinliss, I wish I had an easy answer. There are any number of scenarios whereby Dragon Booster can continue but I can't go into them or disclose anything. At this point, 39 episodes have not even completed airing around the world so that has to happen first before anything else is considered...but please stay tuned and your petition and continued support absolutely helps!

Sai @ Montana wrote:In "Cain's Mutany" why did Cain say "this is no longer a council of 12 it's a council of 11? Shouldn't he be adding a number not subtracting? Also, it's clearly called the council of 12 because of the 12 colors of draconium and presumably the 12 ancient draconium empires. However, the Prophets, the Mechanist and the Keepers doesn't seem to be in the council. Should it perhaps really be the council of 9, or are those crews participating in ways we don't see?
Great questions Sai. Cain is referring to Moordryd leaving the council because he's absent and in that sense, and in Cain's emotional thinking process, the Dragon Eyes are no more because they have no leader. To answer your second question, the other crews participate in an honorary sense and while The Keepers, The Prophets and The Mechanists are not part of the council, the council was formed at a time in the past where they did. Much of their gear still remains in use too.

The Furox @ San Francisco, California wrote:Could you please elaborate on how you envisioned the division between the various factions involved in the first Dragon-Human War? From the prelude in the first episode, it sounds like the war was strictly between dragons and humans. But the written mythology on dragonbooster.com seems to imply it was more complex than this. It talks about the various Draconium Empires being at war with each other, but it also mentions that there were allegiances as well. For example, it says that some red dragons were allies of the Dragon Booster, but we also know from "Fanning the Flames" that other red dragons like Furox fought the Dragon Booster. Further, Armeggaddon said he commanded an army of dragons, and Furox is shown with a rider, so it seems that at least some dragons other than the original Beau remained loyal to their humans. How common was this? Were there also independent dragons fighting against independent humans? It sounds like this war was a complex multi-sided conflict, but maybe I'm reading too much into it. Thanks for clarifying your vision of how the war played out.
Thanks Furox, excellent question. While there are parts of this answer throughout the above questions, the Red, Blue, Green and Black Draconium Empires were in fact made up of dragon and humans. There were of course vast armies of dragons or dragons and humans that did not take sides, the Prophets and Hydrags for two examples and more parasitic beings like the Muhorta that just waited for losers and stragglers. Certain humans just as Academy Racers and Elite Class racers today, learned to release the full powers of the dragons, making them into begins and hugely powerful dragons akin to Mortis and Tyrannix Pax. Remember though that back then, all dragons had bone-marks on their heads. When the original Dragon Booster and Beau flipped the dragons back to gold, the more dangerous qualities of dragons that humans themselves had "evolved" into the dragon were trapped in the bone mark, kind of like a karmic super energy cell. Armeggaddon was the leader of the Black Draconium Empire and ruled over dragons and other minions including an ancient Shadow Booster. See a later answer for something really cool! Anyway, at first the humans and dragons formed Dragon City with all of it's magical golden technology. As they spread across the planet and established other settlements, they faced challenges like great heat, dry, flooding, famine and mutation. The dragons were used to protect humans and manage the environments and they evolved into different colors. City States were formed and when they began to re-connect, they didn't exactly see eye to eye. Soon, alliances and empires formed and some dragons and humans just ran and hid or just when off on their own. When war broke out, there was only one gold dragon lineage left and they were forced into hiding and from this line, sprang Beau.

Shearkin @ New Brunswick, Canada wrote:Will moordryd and artha join up to help each other?
Hi Shearkin, as you can see from Episodes 38 and 39, Artha and Moordyrd do have more in common after all than they even knew. Also, in their shared flashback in Eps 38, they saw that the Dragon Booster and Shadow Booster of ancient times did have to fight side by side and at the end of episode 39, there is a new level of mutual respect formed between them. All I can say at this point is in the Academy, their relationship takes several new turns including for a time, they kind of switch roles in a sense. Don't read too much into that of course but I promise even they have no idea of how much their fates are tied together!

Airshadow @ Mexico wrote:Will the saga of the first Dragon booster ever be told in the show? I'm curious to know more about the first Dragon Booster.
Great question Airshadow. The plan is during the Academy Arc of the show is to explain more and more of the original war through Academy learning, even while the planet itself gets closer and closer to repeating history! Perhaps in the next round of questions, I can talk more about the original Dragon Booster but for now, he was a kid, much like Artha, who was chosen by the original Beau. The only difference was the stakes, as the original DB was chosen when a war had already began and the entire weight of the world was thrust instantly on his shoulders. The Original Dragon Booster was a soldier, someone who wanted the war, was set in his ways and had to learn to look at the world in a much larger way, let go of his prejudice and emotions and find the balance in his own heart.

Click here to go the second round of Q&A for this category

===============================

My own comments:

So that vision Moordryd and Artha had in "Battle for the Ages" was of the past, not a future vision. I had thought it was a future vision, but it makes more sense as a past vision since it showed them fighting the Prophets but it seemed like Artha had fully made allies with the orange dragons in "When Opposites Attract" (except for Propheci, of course). I get it now. :D

And I'm glad to hear we'll find more about the original war if DB Academy gets made. That could be worth a series just by itself. :)

dolphinliss
Elite Class Racer
dolphinliss
Elite Class Racer

17 Apr 2007, 22:02 #2

awesome! :faint:
great answers
this is giving me hope of a new season ^_^

The Hydrag
Elite Class Racer
The Hydrag
Elite Class Racer

18 Apr 2007, 00:21 #3

Icant belive that not all the eppisodes have finished airing. In one way I hope they are all aired soon but that could be a bad thing if they end too soon. This is so cool though that we will learn more about the Academy and the original Dragon -Human war. I cant help but wonder what the twist of the fates will be. Either Arther gets the SBs amulet and works as him and vica versa or Arther goes bad and Moordryd becomes good. I cant wait.:-)

Shearkin
Elite Class Racer
Shearkin
Elite Class Racer

18 Apr 2007, 22:24 #4

oww I thought that that vision was of teh future but I guess not ......I really hope that CBC and teh other carton places order more eppies!!!
~Shearkin
*~MY Deviantart~*

there is no need to fear when times of trouble come when enemies are surrounding me.

The Furox
Elite Class Racer
The Furox
Elite Class Racer

19 Aug 2007, 07:07 #5

Round Two Q&A with The Magna Draconis
Liliwen and The Furox wrote:Who originally created the Horn of Libris and why? The horn summons Libris of course, but why did someone need a way to summon him and what were they planning to do once they summoned him? Is Libris compelled to respond to the horn (i.e., does it control him) or does he do so of his own free will? Do other grey boned dragons have horns that summon them as well? Also, how did Libris manage to arrive at Moordryd's compound so quickly once he was called? Is something supernatural involved?
Awesome and deep question! And when I say deep, I mean deep within Dragon City. The grey dragons constructed the horn themselves and gave it to the Original Dragon Booster to use to summon them into battle if needed. Since gray dragons shed their exo-bones which are used as amplifying draconium for the other colors, grey dragons by their very makeup are susceptible to influence from other strong sources. This is why they were hunted down during the war, some were as I said in another answer and sadly, 'poached' while others were harnessed to fight, controlled by other dragons and masters that were as powerful as dragon priests atop evolved bone-marked dragons like the Furox. Since the grey dragons became very wary of being misled, they had to create a special device tuned to their frequency. The Blue Draconium Empire (which later became the Inner Order Crew) produced the Blue Booster, who worked with the Dragon Booster to stop the war and he hid the horn within the ancient remains of his temple. The crew that followed, found the horn, knew the secret and protected it by hiding it in plain sight....the last place anybody would look! Libris sensed that the horn was taken as grey dragons are very in tune with other grey draconium and its location (he could sense that it as in the presence of Moordryd's black draconium energy and was already close by)

Sarah Frost and atomicnewt2552 wrote:What's the name of the blue-influenced Booster (and how did she/he relate to the other Boosters)?
Thank you Sarah and atomicnewt2552 for the question! The Blue Booster is the ENERGY BOOSTER! When the great war happened, the five primary colors of draconium empires (meaning the five primary draconium colors) took control of the major factions that controlled the others in the war. Red, Blue, Green, Black and gold were the main ones with the others following. The leaders of these empires eventually joined with Dragon Booster, well after fringe elements like the gray dragons, the Keepers and the Prophets enlisted! Armeggaddon was the original leader of the black draconium empire but he was put into the shadow track by another! I won't say who but that dragon bore the bone mark later absorbed by Decepshun. 'nuf said LOL!

Aerodragon Highflyer wrote:Do dragons have to absorb a bonemark or have a bonemark to have legendary superpowers? Beau has a bonemark, Decepshun has a bonemark, and they're both Booster dragons; so would a dragon like Cyrano, Wyldfyr and Fracshun have to absorb bonemarks to become Boosters too? Well, Wlydfyr couldn't absorb the the Furox bonemark, so I'm just wondering how that's going to work out in the end. How do they get superpowered?
Hi Aerodragon Highflyer. The Furox was not meant for Wyldfyr, there may be another bone-mark out there for her and Kitt. I'm going to publish some of the Academy structure and information to this site in the next few weeks which hints at a lot! Evolving dragons takes more than conrrolling a bone-mark, it takes a great leap of education in both you and your dragon and it requires an evolutionary step for both of you! Stay tuned!

Ancient_Warrior wrote:Are there any other Gold-Boned Dragons left in the world besides Beau? Is Tyrannis Pax a gold dragon? He's listed as blue, but his mag energy is gold like Beau's. If he's gold, is it just the priests that get gold dragons or are there still some around after the first time all the dragons were reverted back to gold? If he's a blue dragon, how come his mag energy is gold?
Thank you for the question Ancient_Warrior. There are no other gold boned dragons on the planet besides Beau. The reason Tryrannis Pax's energy is gold is because he has more gold in him than many dragons and also Mortis has learned to access and use the gold in his own bones to merge energy with the dragon. Such is the case with the Elite Class and then beyond that, the Priesthood. There is one other secret to the priesthood as well, they have some of the world's only gold draconium gear. It's very rare and very, very ancient. Hope that helps!

Click here to skip ahead to round 3 Q&A

Sarah Frost
Elite Class Racer
Sarah Frost
Elite Class Racer

19 Aug 2007, 08:31 #6

Energy Booster. Sounds yummy! I'd eat a food item called that.

Armmy said Vysox was once his dragon, not the Shadow Booster's, though, and it'd be silly for the leader of the empire with the most independent dragons to have their student ride the dragon of the bloke who defeated them.

The Furox
Elite Class Racer
The Furox
Elite Class Racer

19 Aug 2007, 09:37 #7

I didn't quite get that answer either. Something may be lost in translation or The Magna Draconis is withholding something from us. The only I can think of is that maybe the bone mark was removed from the dragon prior it helping imprison Armeggaddon. So the dragon ceased being Vysox and became a good dragon, hence it might decide to turn on its original rider, and it would still be in Armeggaddon's interest to give the Vysox bone mark to Moordryd. That's just a guess, of course. Looks like a case where we'll have to watch and see.

So let's see how long it will be before Mari chimes in about the new information concerning gray dragons. :D

Sarah Frost
Elite Class Racer
Sarah Frost
Elite Class Racer

19 Aug 2007, 09:56 #8

I don't know. Now that the writers apparently think Vysox was orig!SB's dragon, and going by that they've already shown her automatically turning against Armeggaddon, I think they're more likely to just let the bonemark rest as a handy thing making Decepshun powerful rather than a personality with her own relationship to Armeggaddon.

The Hydrag
Elite Class Racer
The Hydrag
Elite Class Racer

19 Aug 2007, 16:27 #9

Holy Crap these questions are awesome!!! I love the fact that the Grey Bone Dragons actually made that horn them selves and gave it to the original DB. And we finally know the name of the Blue Booster! ENERGY BOSTER! YAY! I still want to know if its going to be Lance or Khatah that becomes it. Ill be POed if Phyrah gets the Fire Booster position. And finally the Dragon Priests have Gold Gear! That sounds like it would be awesome to see Beau fight with it on. This round was great and we still have other questions! YES!

Liliwen
Elite Class Racer
Liliwen
Elite Class Racer

19 Aug 2007, 22:40 #10

Awesome, I love the answers! :dance: So does that mean all the gray dragons are summoned by the one horn? If so, where do you think the other (if any) grey dragons were when Moordryd blew it?
I'm going to publish some of the Academy structure and information to this site in the next few weeks which hints at a lot! Evolving dragons takes more than conrrolling a bone-mark, it takes a great leap of education in both you and your dragon and it requires an evolutionary step for both of you! Stay tuned!
:faint: *wakes back up* :dance: I just love the, "...which hints at a lot!" part. :D
My: DeviantArt --- Fanfiction

Cain: And that's how you bake cookies!
The Wraith Booster

Mari
Elite Class Racer
Mari
Elite Class Racer

20 Aug 2007, 02:34 #11

The Furox @ Aug 19 2007, 05:07 PM wrote:
Liliwen and The Furox wrote:Who originally created the Horn of Libris and why? The horn summons Libris of course, but why did someone need a way to summon him and what were they planning to do once they summoned him? Is Libris compelled to respond to the horn (i.e., does it control him) or does he do so of his own free will? Do other grey boned dragons have horns that summon them as well? Also, how did Libris manage to arrive at Moordryd's compound so quickly once he was called? Is something supernatural involved?
Awesome and deep question! And when I say deep, I mean deep within Dragon City. The grey dragons constructed the horn themselves and gave it to the Original Dragon Booster to use to summon them into battle if needed. Since gray dragons shed their exo-bones which are used as amplifying draconium for the other colors, grey dragons by their very makeup are susceptible to influence from other strong sources. This is why they were hunted down during the war, some were as I said in another answer and sadly, 'poached' while others were harnessed to fight, controlled by other dragons and masters that were as powerful as dragon priests atop evolved bone-marked dragons like the Furox. Since the grey dragons became very wary of being misled, they had to create a special device tuned to their frequency. The Blue Draconium Empire (which later became the Inner Order Crew) produced the Blue Booster, who worked with the Dragon Booster to stop the war and he hid the horn within the ancient remains of his temple. The crew that followed, found the horn, knew the secret and protected it by hiding it in plain sight....the last place anybody would look! Libris sensed that the horn was taken as grey dragons are very in tune with other grey draconium and its location (he could sense that it as in the presence of Moordryd's black draconium energy and was already close by)
Very nice answer!

So, Libris was NOT compelled to answer the horn- he sensed somebody who wasn't supposed to have it (IE not blue affiliation) had it and he went to see what was going on when it was blown. THAT'S why Word said "Libris will be angry enough to start a battle; I want him to start a war!"!!! He meant that Libris would be angry that somebody of black influence had the horn and that the grey dragons would be abused again!!

I feel smart. And very grateful to Furox and Liliwen for asking that question! *hands out plushies in gratitude* Now the Horn of Libris makes much more sense!! ^_^ :wub:
Currently plotting ways to get more enthusiasm up for DB. HOPE WILL NOT BE LOST!!! D<
Mari's Resources~My Photobucket Self-declared Dork Queen of the board.

You understand that not all in life is black and white; There is MUCH grey!-Rivett

The Great Grey
Academy Racer
The Great Grey
Academy Racer

20 Aug 2007, 03:47 #12

I love reading these answers. Thanks Rob, for taking your time to answer them.

Dragon Ravage by Alexis, but Transformer Ravage made by me. I do not own Transformer Ravage. Avatar by Nayade

The Furox
Elite Class Racer
The Furox
Elite Class Racer

21 Aug 2007, 06:31 #13

Liliwen @ Aug 19 2007, 03:40 PM wrote:So does that mean all the gray dragons are summoned by the one horn?
I guess not since Libris was the only one that showed up. :) It's called the Horn of Libris, so I guess we should take that literally and assume it just calls him (i.e., it rings his personal cell phone). Maybe Libris shows up first and decides whether or not to call in the other gray dragons.

I still think it's cool that the gray dragons made the horn. I hadn't expected that, but it makes the most sense now.
If so, where do you think the other (if any) grey dragons were when Moordryd blew it?
My guess is that they're in hiding like Rivett said. The Magna Draconis said they were being poached for their draconium, so they're probably hiding. He also said our question was "deep" as in deep within Dragon City, so maybe they found a hiding place deep within or under the city. I hope we get an episode to find out!
Mari @ Aug 19 2007, 07:34 PM wrote:THAT'S why Word said "Libris will be angry enough to start a battle; I want him to start a war!"!!! He meant that Libris would be angry that somebody of black influence had the horn and that the grey dragons would be abused again!!
Also, Libris' energy was apparently out of balance as well. This may have contributed to his anger. Rivett also said that the gray dragons had been affected by other draconium, so this may have affected Libris. Libris seemed a lot friendlier after Beau re-balanced him, so this must have at least contributed to things.
And very grateful to Furox and Liliwen for asking that question!
You're welcome. I have many more where that came from. :)
Now the Horn of Libris makes much more sense!!&nbsp; ^_^&nbsp; :wub:
Yeah, really! :D
The Hydrag @ Aug 19 2007, 09:27 AM wrote:And we finally know the name of the Blue Booster! ENERGY BOSTER! YAY! I still want to know if its going to be Lance or Khatah that becomes it.
Most likely Lance since it's got to be a main character. Though I still think Mortis has got a shot at it. The fact that his draconium influence just happens to be blue and T. Pax just happens to be a blue dragon seems to make it a possibility. Maybe Mortis takes on the role until Lance is older or something (acts as a sort of regent).
Ill be POed if Phyrah gets the Fire Booster position.
Pyrrah's not a main character in the show, so it won't be her. Kitt's the only logical choice. And I can't wait to see what a "boosted" Wyldfyr looks like. Seems like it should be something along the lines of good old Furox! :dance:
And finally the Dragon Priests have Gold Gear!
I always knew they must. That's why I wrote it into my fan fiction There's a Dragon in My Time Machine. :D

Aerodragon Highflyer
All-City Racer

21 Aug 2007, 18:28 #14

The Furox @ Aug 19 2007, 01:07 AM wrote:
Aerodragon Highflyer wrote:Do dragons have to absorb a bonemark or have a bonemark to have legendary superpowers? Beau has a bonemark, Decepshun has a bonemark, and they're both Booster dragons; so would a dragon like Cyrano, Wyldfyr and Fracshun have to absorb bonemarks to become Boosters too? Well, Wlydfyr couldn't absorb the the Furox bonemark, so I'm just wondering how that's going to work out in the end. How do they get superpowered?
Hi Aerodragon Highflyer. The Furox was not meant for Wyldfyr, there may be another bone-mark out there for her and Kitt. I'm going to publish some of the Academy structure and information to this site in the next few weeks which hints at a lot! Evolving dragons takes more than conrrolling a bone-mark, it takes a great leap of education in both you and your dragon and it requires an evolutionary step for both of you! Stay tuned!
ANOTHER bonemark? Well, that makes sense, since EVERY dragon used to have a bonemark, there must be plenty out there, I just hadn't thought of that before. I just loved the answers for this round, it's cleared up so much! I can't wait for the next roudn or DB Academy!!! XD When does the next round of questions start, anyway?
Thanks to desperada for Shayyd!

The Hydrag
Elite Class Racer
The Hydrag
Elite Class Racer

21 Aug 2007, 19:49 #15

Unless I am very much mistaken we dont even know all of the answers yet so Iimagine that we wont get another round for some time. But still I would try to think up something really good in the mean time. I am just happy that the creator of the show still has enough interest to try to continue the series and to answer our questions thus far.

dolphinliss
Elite Class Racer
dolphinliss
Elite Class Racer

22 Aug 2007, 02:13 #16

nice answers!

Burnout Beau
Elite Class Racer
Burnout Beau
Elite Class Racer

24 Aug 2007, 10:17 #17

So, the Blue Booster is the Energy Booster? Not suprised there.

As for the grey dragon's case, I hope there will be an episode which explains how grey dragons created the horn. For me, it's a little odd for dragons to create stuffs without proper tools.

Mari
Elite Class Racer
Mari
Elite Class Racer

24 Aug 2007, 11:12 #18

Liliwen @ Aug 19 2007, 03:40 PM wrote:So does that mean all the gray dragons are summoned by the one horn?
I guess not since Libris was the only one that showed up. :) It's called the Horn of Libris, so I guess we should take that literally and assume it just calls him (i.e., it rings his personal cell phone). Maybe Libris shows up first and decides whether or not to call in the other gray dragons.

I still think it's cool that the gray dragons made the horn. I hadn't expected that, but it makes the most sense now.
I believe that the Horn was perhaps made from Libris' own grey draconium, thus it would be PERFECTLY tuned to him. Then other grey dragons wouldn't answer the call, since it was not tuned to them. :D
My guess is that they're in hiding like Rivett said. The Magna Draconis said they were being poached for their draconium, so they're probably hiding. He also said our question was "deep" as in deep within Dragon City, so maybe they found a hiding place deep within or under the city. I hope we get an episode to find out!
I'm actually writing a fanfic (the first I've ever written for DB!!) which I started outlining about two or so years ago where they find the 'Nest of the Grey Dragon', which is where all the grey dragons are hiding! And, coincidentally, it is buried under Dragon City whith all the entrances REALLY well hidden! :eep: The coincidence is quite creepy, since only my best friend knows about my fic... :faint: WHAT IF ROB IS ACTUALLY MY BEST FRIEND?!?!?! :faint: *is bricked* Wait... I live in Missouri, not Canada, and my best friend is a girl... *bricked again*
Mari @ Aug 19 2007, 07:34 PM wrote:THAT'S why Word said "Libris will be angry enough to start a battle; I want him to start a war!"!!! He meant that Libris would be angry that somebody of black influence had the horn and that the grey dragons would be abused again!!
Also, Libris' energy was apparently out of balance as well. This may have contributed to his anger. Rivett also said that the gray dragons had been affected by other draconium, so this may have affected Libris. Libris seemed a lot friendlier after Beau re-balanced him, so this must have at least contributed to things.
Perhaps he was out of influence partially because of the presence of the black draconium. There would obviously be LARGE amounts of black draconium in Moordryd's compound, since it's the Dragon Eye hideout, and that would overwhelm any other draconium in the vicinity.

Just remembered about that too- The other dragons were TAINTED with BLACK draconium!! Perhaps Libris was angry that whoever blew the horn was going to try and convert him into the black and grey hybrid?! He may have suspected that whoever blew the horn may have captured other grey dragons (since he had the horn and stuff, he could have found other dragons) and was of black influence, so perhaps Libris suspected the horn-blower was doing grey-to-black experiments! *feels smart*
Currently plotting ways to get more enthusiasm up for DB. HOPE WILL NOT BE LOST!!! D<
Mari's Resources~My Photobucket Self-declared Dork Queen of the board.

You understand that not all in life is black and white; There is MUCH grey!-Rivett

The Furox
Elite Class Racer
The Furox
Elite Class Racer

30 Jan 2008, 18:04 #19

Round Three Q&A with The Magna Draconis

Empyrean&#045;Dragon wrote:Would you tell us where Wulph and Hyve got their scars? Wulph has one on his right eye and Hyve has one on her left. Are they battle scars or an indication of their rank in the Army of Dragon? How and why do they have them?
Thanks for the cool question Empyrean-Dragon. The Army of the Dragon has some very rigorous training methods (way tougher than the US Marines). During Army of the Dragon training, one of the main rites of passage is when dragons and humans are divided up and spar against each other as a group. The humans are given a small amount of gear to even the odds and off they go. The last two standing in a particular battle were Wulph and Hyve who fighting over a piece of trapping gear were both hit by it as it went off between them. The mirror scar is the result and the "draw" made them a perfect partnership as rider and dragon.

Shining&#045;Dragon @ Ireland wrote:In episode 5, when the Furox bonemark is blasted off Phorjj and is falling, would Artha as DB been taken over by the power of the bonemark if he had caught it?
Hi Shining-Dragon - Yes! Any bone-mark contains such a powerful ancient warrior spirit that it can even possess a dragon as mighty as Beau. Beau and Artha of course are far stronger than the average human/dragon so the transformation might not be complete and the struggle between spirit and possessed would certainly be epic. Thanks for the question!

silverfang wrote:Are the remaining amulets going to be all in one place or scattered in different temples guarded by dragon priests?
Like the ancient bone marks, the amulets and some other secret goodies are scattered to the sands of time, meaning some are just plain lost, others guarded and others in ancient and forgotten places deep under the city. Yes, Dragon Priests took some and even the Hydrags and other dragons protect others as they have their own views on the war and preventing/bringing another. Some are stashed and hidden within the walls the the Academy too! Sorry there isn't a longer answer but that's the gist of it. Thanks for the question silverfang!

--------------------
Deathshallcome wrote:Is there ever a chance that Decepshun might become Coershun's mate? Also is there any background on Coershun? Like who his father was and who his mother was?
Hi Deathshallcome, thanks for the question. Sure, there's always a chance of that, but I tend to let the dragons decide for themselves...(ok that was a joke) Seriously, there are no plans for that but I can tell you this regarding Coershun's background, a lot of the dragons in Moordryd's Dragon Eye crew are "enhanced" shall we say as they have mostly been bred by Word and through Word's experimenting. At the Academy, Word is the professor in the House of Sight and teaches the melding of technology and dragon and also about the powers and attributes of black draconium. He practices what he preaches as you've seen with the show but it does go deeper than that, as he is a modern version of Armeggaddon and believes in many of the same things, except he wants a black and gold dragon of legend to return as long as it's got enough black draconium in it for Word to control.

The Furox @ San Francisco, California wrote:I really like Propheci and the orange dragons, so I must know more about them! For this question, I would like to better understand their numbers and organization in the world. Things like: how many dragons are there in Propheci's crew? Are there other orange dragons in the world that aren't part of his crew? If so, roughly speaking how many do you envision and where are they living? If there are other orange dragons elsewhere, do they have a leader with views like Propheci or are they more benign? Is Propheci's crew supposed to be like an extremists group among orange dragons? Also, in some Down City Council meetings, we occasionally see a human wearing a Prophet symbol. How literally should we interpret that? Is this saying he's part of Propheci's crew or was Nerd Corps just filling in the background? Finally, where did Word get the orange dragon he used in "The Chromatic Dragon"? Thank you so much!
Thanks Furox and great question! The Orange dragons evolved from a general feeling of isolation and mistrust. They were not bred like many of the others but evolved in isolation created by the original war, they are orphans for lack of a better description. There are lots of splinter groups through the ranks of the Prophets and there are other leaders like Prophecy. While in Dragon City, the Prophets are waiting to see what happens and seeing if humans are worthy to survive, there are factions within the Prophets worldwide who feel humans have already failed and others who believe humans have already proven themselves worthy simply by having a Dragon Booster at all. Remember too that Propheci is not inherently bad nor extremist, he really believes that humans are dangerous but is willing to wait (well, most of the time) for a final judgement. He feels the role of the Prophets is to wait and see, though personally he might want humans to fail which is why he is quick to condemn as in "The Track of Doom". Remember though, there is a big difference between condemning Parm, Lance and Artha or attacking the entire city which is what the Prophets pledge to do if the humans truly fail. Obviously, because of this, they will play a large part in the coming conflict. To answer the second half of your question, yes Nerdcorps was filling in the background for those scenes. I couldn't catch everything LOL. To create the Chromatic Dragon, Word simply went under the city as Drakkus and trapped an orange dragon. Mere child's play for him ya know!

Elushun wrote:Whatever happened to Beau's parents? Or any of the other dragons from Penn Stables for that matter? We know that Connor needed a large genepool to breed Beau, but the stables always look empty. What happened to all the other dragons after the fire when Connor vanished and Artha went off racing? Penn stables was a ghost town for most of the series there.
Hi Elushun! Though we never showed it, there are other dragons in Penn Stables, it is after all a rather large place! Connor took most of the dragons after the fire and brought them to a safer place, meaning underground where the Dragon Cave is. He also gave some of the others away to trusted friends for safe keeping. Now to answer the really fun part of the question; Beau has many parents in fact, Connor as I mentioned earlier, is not as squeaky clean as you'd think. He really wanted to breed the dragon of legend "to choose" a Dragon Booster and even hoped that the one he bred would choose him. He did this by breeding dragon generation after generation mixing draconium breeds as best he could as legend said the one would return. Connor then resorted to vaguely similar tricks as Word did, meaning using energy pods and technology in a very limited way to "balance" the energy in the new dragon egg. Here's the key difference, while Word meant to create (Chromatic Dragon) a totally artificial dragon of legend that he could control, Connor used the ancient armor (pre-Artha) and a piece of bone from the original Beau (which he amplified with the help of a dragon priest Tannis Blayrr) and almost literally brought back the original Beau! Now, here's another secret, humans were supposed to save themselves from the war and NOT be saved by some other outside force, so Connor was acting in total harmony with the real goal of the dragon of legend which is only to empower humans to save themselves.

Airshadow @ Mexico wrote:In the Nintendo DS Dragon Booster game, there's a Dragon Priestess wearing a red helmet.  Is she connected with the Fire Booster at all?  Will she appear in the show?
Hi Airshadow. I'm sure you were hoping for an 'easter egg' answer but the reality is that we allowed Konami some liberty with creating various characters for the game that were based on some of the existing artwork from the Nerdcorps files. Wish there was more to it, but just so you know that you are indeed on to something, there were splinter factions of the dragon priesthood that affiliated themselves with various draconium empires during the great war. Thanks for the question!

Click here to skip ahead to the next set of answers

Artha_penn1995
Academy Racer
Artha_penn1995
Academy Racer

30 Jan 2008, 20:40 #20

Ooohhhh answers!!! Yay!
I really love them. The red priest.... I was wondering about her too, thanks for asking that question Airshadow! :)

You think only good guys are good?

THINK AGAIN!

"The difference between a brave man and a coward is not how they feel, but what they do despite those feelings"
- James FitzGibbon

'Unleash The Shadow Within Your Heart, You Know You Have It'
~ Little faithful me

Liliwen
Elite Class Racer
Liliwen
Elite Class Racer

31 Jan 2008, 02:21 #21

Word teaches at the Academy too? Well, Artha's not going to be one of his favourite students. :D
My: DeviantArt --- Fanfiction

Cain: And that's how you bake cookies!
The Wraith Booster

Elushun
Academy Racer
Elushun
Academy Racer

31 Jan 2008, 02:35 #22

I doubt that Artha will be first in line for "Applications of control gear" or "Black Draconium theory 101" Although one of those is probably a prequisite for "Advanced Mag-lock impedance matching." But I digress,

It's great to see some answers. I had almost forgotten that I had asked that question. There's so much 'ends justify the means' conoundrums surrounding Beau's creation. It makes my moral compass spin like a flywheel. Very interesting stuff.
When someone says "Plz" because it's shorter than "Please,"
I feel perfectly justified in saying "No" because it's shorter than "Yes."

Burnout Beau
Elite Class Racer
Burnout Beau
Elite Class Racer

31 Jan 2008, 03:09 #23

The Furox @ Jan 31 2008, 04:04 AM wrote: During Army of the Dragon training, one of the main rites of passage is when dragons and humans are divided up and spar against each other as a group. The humans are given a small amount of gear to even the odds and off they go.
Cool! A dragon-human brawl! *would like to join one too* :D
At the Academy, Word is the professor in the House of Sight and teaches the melding of technology and dragon and also about the powers and attributes of black draconium.
Well what do you know, a Professor Snape in disguise! And I bet Harry-, I mean, Artha isn't going to enjoy Word's class for the rest of his Academy years. :P
Now to answer the really fun part of the question; Beau has many parents in fact,
That's interesting. Now I wonder how's he going to visit all his parents at once on, say, Thanksgiving Day. :P

Now that's, literally, 'Meet the Parents(s')'. ^_^
Connor as I mentioned earlier, is not as squeaky clean as you'd think.
Ahem, yes... :faint:
Connor used the ancient armor (pre-Artha) and a piece of bone from the original Beau (which he amplified with the help of a dragon priest Tannis Blayrr) and almost literally brought back the original Beau!
Reminds me a little like cloning with original Beau's bone. Btw, I wonder where the original Beau was laid to rest... :unsure:

The Furox
Elite Class Racer
The Furox
Elite Class Racer

31 Jan 2008, 07:42 #24

Elushun @ Jan 30 2008, 06:35 PM wrote:There's so much 'ends justify the means' conoundrums surrounding Beau's creation. It makes my moral compass spin like a flywheel.
As I mentioned on the other thread, the thing I want to know now is does Beau know Connor altered him while he was in the egg, and if so, what does Beau think about that? Though it's doubtful Beau would harbor any ill will towards Connor. Artha has gotten Beau into trouble on several occasions and Beau clearly doesn't carry any grudges. I guess gold dragons are pretty forgiving. :)
Burnout Beau @ Jan 30 2008, 07:09 PM wrote:Cool! A dragon-human brawl! *would like to join one too*&nbsp; :D
You would? :unsure: I don't know. Dragons are awfully strong. Even with some gear, I think a human could get killed pretty easily. I think that would be an awfully rough competition.
Now to answer the really fun part of the question; Beau has many parents in fact,
That's interesting. Now I wonder how's he going to visit all his parents at once on, say, Thanksgiving Day. :P
I think Mother's Day and Father's Day would be a lot more complex. Just think of the gifts Beau would have to give and all phone calls he would have to make! :D

Connor used the ancient armor (pre-Artha) and a piece of bone from the original Beau (which he amplified with the help of a dragon priest Tannis Blayrr) and almost literally brought back the original Beau!
Reminds me a little like cloning with original Beau's bone.
A little Jurassic Park-like, huh?
Btw, I wonder where the original Beau was laid to rest... :unsure:
Don't know. Maybe like Obi-Wan Kanobi and Yoda he just disappeared into the ether. :poof:

arrow
Elite Class Racer
arrow
Elite Class Racer

31 Jan 2008, 18:44 #25

but he couldn't've went poof or else how would conner get one of his bones?

love the answers :D
i wonder how artha is gonna do in the academy when word will probably be one of his teachers and vice versa with moordryd and conner

thanks desperada! if you're wondering why i named her fruitloop, well, lets just say at the time i liked to name my fish after cereal :)

Artha_penn1995
Academy Racer
Artha_penn1995
Academy Racer

31 Jan 2008, 22:13 #26

Burnout Beau @ Jan 30 2008, 10:09 PM wrote:
At the Academy, Word is the professor in the House of Sight and teaches the melding of technology and dragon and also about the powers and attributes of black draconium.
Well what do you know, a Professor Snape in disguise! And I bet Harry-, I mean, Artha isn't going to enjoy Word's class for the rest of his Academy years. :P
Way too true!! It reminded me of some book when I read that answer... I just couldn't get the book.

Word: Detention!
Artha: Why?
Word: Um.... I don't know why... I just want to give you a detention! Mwahahahaha :plot:

Hmmm... I wonder how many detentions will Artha get? :plot: Probably one on the first day :D

THINK AGAIN!

"The difference between a brave man and a coward is not how they feel, but what they do despite those feelings"
- James FitzGibbon

~ Little faithful me

The Hydrag
Elite Class Racer
The Hydrag
Elite Class Racer

01 Feb 2008, 01:47 #27

The Furox @ Jan 30 2008, 11:04 AM wrote:
silverfang wrote:Are the remaining amulets going to be all in one place or scattered in different temples guarded by dragon priests?
Like the ancient bone marks, the amulets and some other secret goodies are scattered to the sands of time, meaning some are just plain lost, others guarded and others in ancient and forgotten places deep under the city. Yes, Dragon Priests took some and even the Hydrags and other dragons protect others as they have their own views on the war and preventing/bringing another. Some are stashed and hidden within the walls the the Academy too! Sorry there isn't a longer answer but that's the gist of it. Thanks for the question silverfang!
Oh NICE the Hydrags took some old stuff and have it gaurded as well!!! We see a thrid and unkown bonemark in the Track of Doom that draws parm tward it and I guess that is still one thing that Profeccii still has up his sleeve. I cant belive some of these answers!!!!

Burnout Beau
Elite Class Racer
Burnout Beau
Elite Class Racer

02 Feb 2008, 14:15 #28

The Furox @ Jan 31 2008, 05:42 PM wrote:
Burnout Beau @ Jan 30 2008, 07:09 PM wrote:Cool! A dragon-human brawl! *would like to join one too*  :D
You would? :unsure: I don't know. Dragons are awfully strong.
Oh? Well, I'll just employ all the moves that I've seen on wrestling shows and I'll be a-okay! *straps boxing gloves on and puts on a yellow Hulk Hogan shirt, posing* And then-
-I think a human could get killed pretty easily.
Oh...*droops and walks off* :poof:
Hmmm... I wonder how many detentions will Artha get?&nbsp; Probably one on the first day
One on first day, seven on second day, sixteen on third day...

By the end of 365 days, Artha'll get 4,380 detentions (365 days multiply by 12 months). :faint:

Artha_penn1995
Academy Racer
Artha_penn1995
Academy Racer

02 Feb 2008, 14:27 #29

Burnout Beau @ Feb 2 2008, 09:15 AM wrote:
Hmmm... I wonder how many detentions will Artha get?&nbsp; Probably one on the first day
One on first day, seven on second day, sixteen on third day...

By the end of 365 days, Artha'll get 4,380 detentions (365 days multiply by 12 months). :faint:
O.o I guess Artha better start getting used to it. :D
Let's wait 'til DB:A to see if your guess was correct. Though I think you are right! :lol:

THINK AGAIN!

- James FitzGibbon

~ Little faithful me

Airshadow
Elite Class Racer
Airshadow
Elite Class Racer

06 Feb 2008, 05:04 #30

Artha_penn1995 @ Jan 30 2008, 03:40 PM wrote: Ooohhhh answers!!! Yay!
I really love them. The red priest.... I was wondering about her too, thanks for asking that question Airshadow! :)
You're welcome ;)