Forum Hacked

Board news and updates

Forum Hacked

The Furox
Elite Class Racer
The Furox
Elite Class Racer

16 Jan 2013, 03:23 #1

The forum appears to have been hacked in the last day or two. Some malicious javascript is being inserted into each page that causes browsers to redirect to one of those thinly disguised advertising sites. You can defeat it by turning javascript off in your browser or by blocking your browser from accessing digitalcs.net if you have that capability on your system.

Unfortunately, I don't think most people are able to get in here to actually read my post, but I wanted to say something about it. I sent an email to LightningFlash, but the address I have is very old and I'm not sure if it still works or not.

Stay tuned...

LightningFlash
Elite Class Racer
LightningFlash
Elite Class Racer

16 Jan 2013, 06:25 #2

Thanks Furox and Red Dragon for letting me know! Yes the forum was hacked, but I think I have everything working normally again now.

Anyone who is having ongoing problems viewing the forum, please let me know.

LF.

The Furox
Elite Class Racer
The Furox
Elite Class Racer

16 Jan 2013, 08:33 #3

Thanks so much for fixing this so quickly! Everything seems to be working smoothly now. I checked the page source the site is generating and I see no trace of the bad Javascript anymore.

I'm happy the forum is back up and running! :dance:

Silvermoon
Elite Class Racer
Silvermoon
Elite Class Racer

01 Feb 2013, 09:06 #4

I'm glad everything is ok. :)

J`Rin Tekaar
All-City Racer
J`Rin Tekaar
All-City Racer

05 Feb 2013, 00:09 #5

I guess nobody (and no site) is safe these days!

The Furox
Elite Class Racer
The Furox
Elite Class Racer

15 Feb 2013, 22:40 #6

J`Rin Tekaar @ Feb 4 2013, 04:09 PM wrote:I guess nobody (and no site) is safe these days!
Yes, that's pretty much true, and it should be what ever site should assume. It's why no country should ever contemplate having elections held online. I don't even trust the electronic voting machines some states are now using.