Azure Zirvaenis Art Thread

Release your Inner Artist here.

Azure Zirvaenis Art Thread

Phuzion117
Street Racer
Phuzion117
Street Racer

05 Mar 2017, 07:59 #1

Mostly for reference sheets. The story I'm working on with them will simply be a summary, since there is a larger role going on with at least one of the characters.

Extra Facts:
NOTE:NO! Ryftid is NOT 5'2". I specifically plan most of my reference sheets with a size reference (if necessary I'll add it). In my head when I go off to day dream, it's sometimes hard to get some character's heights right. Thus I put my own in and scale it off of my own height.

Anyone remember the old Azure Spirit class? or even Phuzion? Well, meet her son who existed from the very beginning! In the old plans during the Dragon-Human war era, Phuzion had a mate and a clutch of eggs, however right round the breaking of the tense strings that sparked the war, her mate was either controlled by Black or Orange dragons or draconium. He attacked her, and in defense had to kill him, and in the process the two destroyed the nest and eggs. The other idea was they were ambushed, in an attempt to force them onto one side in the war. Her son was supposed to come back via reincarnation. However that has changed. But the theme of reincarnation still remains.
Ryftid was originally Phzuion's rider during the Dragon-Human war era. She-more or less-chose him based off of something ridiculous, and I mean I-don't-remember-the-plans-for it-ridiculous. A bet made them a team? Or Ryftid was a bit like Artha in the beginning and had a dislike of dragons?? I have no idea.
Allomirith's name has a meaning too! I'll just paste the plans from my notes:

alloy: a metal made by combining two or more metallic elements, especially to give greater strength or resistance to corrosion [ALLO]
Alamar...coated in gold(unknown) [M and R]
Ahiah...brother of the lord (Israel)
ithnain...2 (Arabic) [ITH]
Meaning: second metal coated in gold, brother of the lord

I have a headcannon about hybrid dragons in the DB world. Usually hybrids are imbalanced, but there are a few who are stable. Most of these dragons never reach adulthood/fully grown. They either die due to mother's rejecting them, or a killed by the breeding owners due to no one wanting hybrids. Those who live long enough usually are stuck at the stables they were born at, they never leave and are usually out casted and judged by humans. Some dragons also judge them.

Silhouette used: www.freevectors.net/files/larg
Dragon Booster Logo: dragon-city.org/Sites/dragonbo…
Dragon Booster © Rob Travalino, Kevin Mowrer, Nerd Corps (DHx Media), Alliance Atlantis and Story Hat

Originally Posted here:http://tidebouncer.deviantart.com/art/A ... -667216182
Release the dragon. The dragon is the darkness before the light, the other half of the whole. Know that you are not complete without the dragon; know that if you dishonour the dragon, you dishonour yourself. Know that if you control the dragon, the dragon shall control you. The dragon is always with you, the dragon is part of you, and the dragon is always watching you. Release the dragon or the dragon shall be the instrument of your destruction.

Zexeos
Elite Class Racer
Zexeos
Elite Class Racer

07 Mar 2017, 01:09 #2

This dragon! I Like it! *throws cup on the ground, shattering it* Another!

Real talk though, I love his design. A pitfall that most people fall into when making a dragon booster dragon that ISN'T a Beau clone is the fact that the dragon doesn't look like it belongs in the dragon booster universe. At all. This is a problem you've avoided wonderfully! Alloy looks very convincing and his markings are spot on for a dragon you would see in Dragon City. I love him. My only suggestion would be to make him shorter-- he seems a little tall to me! Especially when compared to Beau when he stands next to Artha.

You're also very talented! I can't wait to see more!

Phuzion117
Street Racer
Phuzion117
Street Racer

08 Mar 2017, 17:42 #3

This dragon! I Like it! *throws cup on the ground, shattering it* Another!

Real talk though, I love his design. A pitfall that most people fall into when making a dragon booster dragon that ISN'T a Beau clone is the fact that the dragon doesn't look like it belongs in the dragon booster universe. At all. This is a problem you've avoided wonderfully! Alloy looks very convincing and his markings are spot on for a dragon you would see in Dragon City. I love him. My only suggestion would be to make him shorter-- he seems a little tall to me! Especially when compared to Beau when he stands next to Artha.

You're also very talented! I can't wait to see more!
Thank you! And I do agree, while I love looking at all different designs because of the creative process, there is the issue of authenticity when it comes to designing characters for a existing story (with copyrights). I actually took inspiration for Alloy's draconium markings from Beau, haha! Since his has the potential to be "like" a Gold dragon, but only in mind set/beliefs/perspective (until all dragons are returned to Gold draconium). I also looked at Decepshun and Coershun for some examples of markings on Psi dragons. Blue energy ended up becoming obsolete as I found a design for Alloy.
I used StormRyda's size reference post of the DB dragons for his size, actually.http://z10.invisionfree.com/Dragon_Boos ... topic=3923
I think Alloy is a reasonable height compared to other dragons. If you scroll down on the post you'll find the blank height charts Storm made. Also, the person's height there is my own, and I am very short!

Ah! Thank you! :D Hopefully I'll get more done soon. I still want a reference sheet for Ryftid (when I can draw humans) and work out the summary of their story.
Release the dragon. The dragon is the darkness before the light, the other half of the whole. Know that you are not complete without the dragon; know that if you dishonour the dragon, you dishonour yourself. Know that if you control the dragon, the dragon shall control you. The dragon is always with you, the dragon is part of you, and the dragon is always watching you. Release the dragon or the dragon shall be the instrument of your destruction.

Zexeos
Elite Class Racer
Zexeos
Elite Class Racer

08 Mar 2017, 21:08 #4

Tou're 5'2''? :o Me too! Short people unite!

And Storms size charts are really off. I don't know how anyone could think Beau is that big when this screenshot literally exists:http://s6.photobucket.com/component/Dow ... %2F285.jpg

phoenix97
Street Racer
phoenix97
Street Racer

26 Apr 2017, 03:01 #5

I must say Phuzion117, you've made a really drac looking dragon there. I especially like the pic in the middle where Alloy is glowing his draconium.

And LOL i'm 5'2" as well ^_^

Release the dragon. For the dragon is the light before the darkness.

arrow
Elite Class Racer
arrow
Elite Class Racer

06 Jun 2017, 23:42 #6

I pretty much logged back in just to say that i'm 5'2 as well XD

Beautifully design on Alloy! I really like the little gear piece on the tail :D

thanks desperada! if you're wondering why i named her fruitloop, well, lets just say at the time i liked to name my fish after cereal :)