An Actual Roleplaying Section

Zexeos
Elite Class Racer
Zexeos
Elite Class Racer

Feb 23 2017, 03:14 AM #1

So, I think if this forum is to survive, then a roleplaying section is the way to go.

Having this section will allow us to flex our creativity and actually roleplay with the characters we have so lovingly created -- something that is critical to the survival of the fandom as time goes on, and no new official content is released. Allowing users to weave our own stories, with our own characters, will help keep interest in both this forum and this show.

The Forum section would have a subsection, for rp plannings, sign ups, and OOC discussion. There will also be a stickied thread detailing roleplaying rules and guidelines, visible in both the OOC section and the actual roleplaying section.

Each RP would be required to have a sign-up/ooc thread, in order to keep things moderately organized and to prevent people from just jumping into roleplays without permission.

And as for moderation of this new section -- which it will need HEAVY moderation, make no mistake -- I'd be more than willing to take on the burden if it means that this board gets something that many of us have dreamed of for years. I've run several other RP forums in the past, and currently run a massive (200+ players) guild in Star Wars: The Old Republic, as well as the accompanying forums for the guild.

Also about making a new thread- I didn't want to necro the old one. I can't remember if necros are against the rules or not, so better safe than sorry.

Phuzion117
Street Racer
Phuzion117
Street Racer

Feb 24 2017, 08:43 PM #2

Hello, Zexeos! This is an interesting proposition for the forum. It could have potentional, though I'm not sure myself since when I'm active here, there's only a few others or just me. (Always miss the "most users online" bits)

I would be up for this, however I'm not the best RPer. I tend to get overexcited and "play God/overpowered" with my characters-if they have a lot of knowledge. However, I am in the slow process (procrastinating) on revamping some of my DB OC's. Who knows, I might be better after I fix them, haha! :D
Release the dragon. The dragon is the darkness before the light, the other half of the whole. Know that you are not complete without the dragon; know that if you dishonour the dragon, you dishonour yourself. Know that if you control the dragon, the dragon shall control you. The dragon is always with you, the dragon is part of you, and the dragon is always watching you. Release the dragon or the dragon shall be the instrument of your destruction.

Zexeos
Elite Class Racer
Zexeos
Elite Class Racer

Feb 25 2017, 05:10 PM #3

Phuzion117 @ Feb 25 2017, 06:43 AM wrote: Hello, Zexeos! This is an interesting proposition for the forum. It could have potentional, though I'm not sure myself since when I'm active here, there's only a few others or just me. (Always miss the "most users online" bits)

I would be up for this, however I'm not the best RPer. I tend to get overexcited and "play God/overpowered" with my characters-if they have a lot of knowledge. However, I am in the slow process (procrastinating) on revamping some of my DB OC's. Who knows, I might be better after I fix them, haha! :D
Well, I'm a veteran of the sport, so if you'd like, I'd totally be willing to help you become a better RPer! c: It mostly just takes practice -- we were all new to it once!

And while there aren't many users online anymore, which would make posting slow indeed... but I hope the pull of having this new section with plenty of new potential will bring some users back here. c:

Confirmation of reply: