Recommendations for DBC Re: 2015 World Champs

Recommendations for DBC Re: 2015 World Champs

Anonymous
Anonymous

July 8th, 2012, 12:43 pm #1

Never too soon to plan. What advice can the forum community provide to DBC to make 2015 a best ever world championships. We know Welland is a fast and fair race course and I beleive Welland-Niagara will build up the venue to be more "world-class". Therefore it really boils down to how many countries, athletes and supporters a Canadian even can attract. In my opinion DBC should immediately begin to source federal, provincial (and private) funding to provide financial/travel/housing assistance for countries who typically do not attend North American world championships because they simply cannot afford it.

Anonymous
Anonymous

July 8th, 2012, 12:50 pm #2

Anonymous
Anonymous

July 8th, 2012, 1:00 pm #3

Never too soon to plan. What advice can the forum community provide to DBC to make 2015 a best ever world championships. We know Welland is a fast and fair race course and I beleive Welland-Niagara will build up the venue to be more "world-class". Therefore it really boils down to how many countries, athletes and supporters a Canadian even can attract. In my opinion DBC should immediately begin to source federal, provincial (and private) funding to provide financial/travel/housing assistance for countries who typically do not attend North American world championships because they simply cannot afford it.
do not use Champion Boats!!! BuK or Kahlua

Anonymous
Anonymous

July 8th, 2012, 1:12 pm #4

Upgrade facilities: yes
Canadian taxpayers funding vacations in Canada for paddlers from other countries: no

IMHO

Anonymous
Anonymous

July 8th, 2012, 1:14 pm #5

Yes, I believe Welland will be ready for some of the fairest and fastest racing that IDBF member nations expect and deserve. The challenge will be to get those nations over here in full force with at least a full complement of premier open/women/mixed rosters. I'm talking about India, Brazil, Phillipines, some Eastern Euro countries.

Anonymous
Anonymous

July 8th, 2012, 1:23 pm #6

9:12 AM
I tend to agree although I see how so much public money is wasted so why not get on the bandwagon for our own personal benefit, ie. - I want to race against all IDBF member teams, against all the best athletes, and I want them to see and appreciate Canada and Niagara and our hospitality. No taxpayer money is a legitimate but negative response. I'm a fan of "don't simply complain or beat down, suggest a solution or alternative". What would be your suggestion to DBC if they were to dismiss public funding sources? Let's try to be specific in this thread so we can hopefully get the results we all seek.

Anonymous
Anonymous

July 8th, 2012, 3:09 pm #7

I dont see Shunde or JiuJiang planning to go to Canada (if they dont retire)

Anonymous
Anonymous

July 8th, 2012, 3:21 pm #8

It's Team China we're after. If some of those club athletes are part of that then great.

Anonymous
Anonymous

July 9th, 2012, 10:37 pm #9

Free beer!!!!

Anonymous
Anonymous

July 9th, 2012, 10:38 pm #10

beer. Beer, BEER