Philly webcast!

Jeff Holubeshen
Jeff Holubeshen

July 31st, 2001, 12:56 pm #1

Yep, it's true....there's gonna be a webcast of the races in Philly this year...It will be interesting to see if the site holds up to the amount of traffic that will probably tune in.

The races will be up on the website 30 minutes after the actual race.

oh yeah, here's the address....www.phila.gov or www.phila.gov/dragonboat/index.html

Paddlehead
Paddlehead

August 2nd, 2001, 1:44 pm #2

And I am as excited as a little girl! <insert faux german accent>

Website looks really slow, and there's nothing to see yet. It should get even worse as the hits pile up.

Jeff, can you go down there and straighten them out? I need speed, damn it!

Rob Chang
Rob Chang

August 2nd, 2001, 6:13 pm #3

Yep, it's true....there's gonna be a webcast of the races in Philly this year...It will be interesting to see if the site holds up to the amount of traffic that will probably tune in.

oh yeah, here's the address....www.phila.gov or www.phila.gov/dragonboat/index.html
Where are all the updates? I see nothing!!!!

Jeff Holubeshen
Jeff Holubeshen

August 2nd, 2001, 6:37 pm #4

Did you know that my desk has over 1253 little lines on it's surface, all running parallel?...It's quite a nice effect.

Damn...maybe I should do some work, instead of waiting for the results & video on the website!

RTS
RTS

August 2nd, 2001, 6:48 pm #5

Yawnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn! Wake me up when it's over....

August 2nd, 2001, 7:02 pm #6

Is actually one of the larger ones at 175. I though ours was much smaller and recall somebody saying Germany's was over 200. The US has 364, Hong Kong only sent 36. How many teams did we actually send or is that also including trainers and such.

Paddlehead
Paddlehead

August 2nd, 2001, 7:18 pm #7

Hey Paul Zap, where did you get that information from. Call me dumb, but I can't find a like to anything but the schedule and opening draws. I would appreciate if you'd post the link.

Darn, still no video.

Jeff Holubeshen
Jeff Holubeshen

August 2nd, 2001, 7:29 pm #8

Well...you asked for it...& who am I not to oblige.

look under the history tab on the same website.

August 2nd, 2001, 7:30 pm #9

Just click on history next to scehdule of events and scroll down. Looks like you are either a big contigent ie over 150 or a small ie less then 100

Paddlehead
Paddlehead

August 2nd, 2001, 7:52 pm #10

D'oh! It was right there, I feel so silly.

Weird, Bangladesh sends only one team, and it's Senior Open. Go figure.

China sends Open and Women's teams, but no Mixed. I suppose that Chinese men and women don't mix? <ha ha ha, get it?>

Italy sends a Junior Open, but no Junior Mixed. I guess that Italian boys and girls probably mix TOO well. heh, heh.

Australia sends Mixed and a Senior Mixed, but no Men's or Women's teams. What gives there? Couldn't they just combine for Open and Women's out of the paddlers that are already there?

Strange, all these people going all that distance but not leveraging it to the hilt. What a wasted opportunity. Hell, sign me up for the Australian Men's team. I can fly down tonight! (citizenship shmidizenship)