paddle sides..

paddle sides..

June 12th, 2012, 1:21 pm #1

Hi all,

as I just start dragonboating, may I ask if there are specific front and back side of the paddle?or both sides of the paddle are the same? so it doesnt matter if you are using which face of the paddle to pull water? thanks!

Anonymous
Anonymous

June 12th, 2012, 1:27 pm #2

All legal paddles have the same shape and size of blade. You can use whichever side you want, because both are exactly the same. However, some paddles (rare though) have special hand grips that make more sense if you use them facing a certain way

Welcome to the sport.

Anonymous
Anonymous

June 12th, 2012, 1:29 pm #3

Hi all,

as I just start dragonboating, may I ask if there are specific front and back side of the paddle?or both sides of the paddle are the same? so it doesnt matter if you are using which face of the paddle to pull water? thanks!
Rowing:

June 12th, 2012, 1:33 pm #4

Hi all,

ohh...i see.. thank you very much!!can you elaborate on the different special grips if you dont mind? I am intending to buy my own paddle but I am not sure which paddle brand to go for..

Anonymous
Anonymous

June 13th, 2012, 12:00 am #5

Hi all,

This top hand grip isn't symmetrical and therefore the blade will always face a certain way if you're holding it right:

This grip is symmetrical and it wont make a difference which way you hold the paddle

Since you seem very new to the sport, i'd hold off from dropping a big chunk of money on a paddle. Wait until at least next year because you're probably not skilled/experienced enough at this point to know which paddle is right for you (such has weight, shape, length etc.). In the mean time look around for paddle sales people who would love to let you demo their product, or ask your friends/teammates with paddles if you can try theirs out. No one paddle is best, it all comes down to personal preference.

June 13th, 2012, 2:22 pm #6

Hi all,

oh thank you for the infomation!!appreciate it!!cheers!

Anonymous
Anonymous

June 14th, 2012, 4:23 pm #7

Hi all,

Noob,

If you're dragon boating, you're not a rower. You're a paddler. : )

Anonymous
Anonymous

June 14th, 2012, 9:56 pm #8

Hi all,

Barely.

June 17th, 2012, 7:05 am #9

Hi all,

alright i change my name to "paddler" haha