One Thing I Notice

One Thing I Notice

August 13th, 2001, 5:57 pm #1

Is how passionate everyone is when it comes to issues. Everyone is going to have a different view on things, and aside from a little mudslinging this board has remained pretty civil. So far on this board there has arisen two major issues that have come to loggerheads. One being the ****** issue(don't want to bring that discussion up again we all know what it is) and paddling for other teams. Neither is really detrimental to the sport or it's growth which seems unstoppable. What has come about is the need for two types of races to satisfy paddlers hunger, sport and festival. Wouldn't it be great if you could create a roster of 30 get standard Canadian photo id's that could be used at the Island, Welland, 911 and maybe another race and done to IDBF standards. All other races would be of the festival type put on by your local groups ie Kiwanis, Lions, Rotary(who all do a great job). That way we could work towards a legit Provincial Championships, ie you get so many points per placing at the 4 events, get X amount of points and that Roster is invited to Next Years Provincials. Other races people could go around paddling for whoever they want whenever they want for the love of the sport. This simple solution satisfy's the needs for those who want to go up against the same rosters and compete in that manner, and those who just want to compete as often as possible. Now the difficulty is just getting the TCBA and GWN to agree to such a format.

dragon driver
dragon driver

August 13th, 2001, 6:44 pm #2

I agree such a thing should come from a sanctioning body. Just to create some rules and consistency.

I also agree that this forum is the best way to put some issues to light and let all paddlers know how the the paddling body feels about things.

Way to go forum!!