missing paddler

TPC
TPC

August 1st, 2001, 4:53 pm #11

Unfortunately I have bad news. A paddler with the Royal Bank is missing and presumed drowned in Frenchman's Bay. The individual was out in a kayak and co-workers noticed he was missing towards the end of the mornings activites. He was not wearing a PFD.
Royal Bank,

I'm sure I speak for many dragon boaters out there when I say how sorry we are for your loss.

Demon
Demon

August 2nd, 2001, 2:48 am #12

Unfortunately I have bad news. A paddler with the Royal Bank is missing and presumed drowned in Frenchman's Bay. The individual was out in a kayak and co-workers noticed he was missing towards the end of the mornings activites. He was not wearing a PFD.
What a terrible thing to happen. My thoughts go out to the Royal team and the family.

Kind of puts things in perspective doesn't it.

Regards

Raphael
Raphael

August 2nd, 2001, 8:03 am #13

My thoughts go out to the Royal Bank crew, Philibert, and his family. In the dragon boat community, where more bridges are built and more friends are made with each passing season, this is a terrible loss to many people.

Again, my condolences.

Michael
Michael

August 10th, 2001, 3:54 pm #14

The Royal Bank – Royal Dragons crew will be honoring Phil by throwing white and yellow carnations into the water.

Woodstock race: After the Financial Services race, first heat at 10.24 am.

Ontario Place race: We will be providing all Bank teams, in the Bankers Cup race with white and yellow carnations to be thrown into the water after the race.

All are welcomed to take part.

We thank you for all you support.

Michael