MIDBRF 2012 PREDICTIONS

Anonymous
Anonymous

July 6th, 2012, 3:40 pm #1

so, who`s showing up this year ??

Anonymous
Anonymous

July 6th, 2012, 3:48 pm #2

MIDBRF is scaled down this year...lots of local teams not coming from 22Dragons and H20. However, they should still get close to 100 teams (still plenty from out of town), which might actually be a blessing in disguise. With fewer teams they might actually run things more efficiently.

It`s not the competitive event it once was, but it`s still a good time for community teams and out of town teams who want to party.

Anonymous
Anonymous

July 6th, 2012, 4:09 pm #3

the only way to save midbrf:

-more organization!
-toronto teams to show up! (slipstream, ocean 1, warriors, CSDC and also the community teams!)
-DCH + MAD + phillys

Anonymous
Anonymous

July 6th, 2012, 4:28 pm #4

Really bad this year. Even H20 and 22D joint force to make Montreal Challenge. (Hopefully not take away MIDBRF) I like midbrf. they just have bad organizer and they just had one bad year of the 16 times.

Should hire back Sunny.

Montreal Mix will take 500m. DCH might takes the 200m.

There are alot of decent teams too.

Anonymous
Anonymous

July 6th, 2012, 4:40 pm #5

Participated last year in this regatta. Myself and the rest of the team swore never to comeback to this regatta. It was a disaster. When I talk to other Toronto team captains and paddlers I tell them to stay away from this one.

If they hire GWN to run this regatta, I would reconsider coming back.

Anonymous
Anonymous

July 6th, 2012, 5:00 pm #6

Any specific reasons...? Rather than just stating your opinion, it's a lot more useful to other teams if you give supporting arguments.

Anonymous
Anonymous

July 6th, 2012, 5:00 pm #7

^ Which team are u?

last month, only 25 teams registered. it may be too early. i dont know. dch prob going to come back since their festival is alot worse that montreal

Anonymous
Anonymous

July 6th, 2012, 7:11 pm #8

MIDBRF is definitely not the most organized bunch. Could take some notes from GWN, Ottawa, or even lively dragon regattas.

Anonymous
Anonymous

July 6th, 2012, 7:47 pm #9

No. I believe 22D runs a festival better than Ottawa or GWN. Let Montrealers handle it.

Anonymous
Anonymous

July 6th, 2012, 9:52 pm #10

Last year MIDBRF lost all Saturday results.