Dragon Boat article in Time Magazine...

Dragon Boat article in Time Magazine...

Anonymous
Anonymous

June 2nd, 2006, 11:42 pm #1

Anonymous
Anonymous

June 2nd, 2006, 11:57 pm #2

Although the USDBF site no longer lists him as a board member, Jeff Campbell was until recently a long-time member of the board of the USDBF. Does anyone know when he started his for-profit dragon boat business and if he is no longer a member of the USDBF? Sorry to be suspicious, but their are already many conflicts of interest in this sport.

anonymous
anonymous

June 3rd, 2006, 11:12 am #3

Dragon boat racing like everything else is a business. From coaches, membership fees, boat rentals, uniforms,paddles, bum pads, dish gloves, entry fees, to the different consortiums planning for race offs.

Anonymous
Anonymous

June 3rd, 2006, 9:30 pm #4

Of course, dragon boating can be a business. But when a board member of the USDBF runs a business that organizes festivals, the possible conflicts of interest are obvious. Also, Mr. Campbell claims to have been on two U.S. National Teams -- even though he lives in Portland. As I recall, the Philly guys have won every U.S. National Championship. Which "national" teams were Mr. Campbell a part of?

Anonymous
Anonymous

June 4th, 2006, 11:12 am #5

Your worried about conflict of interest at the ISDBF, check out DBC.

It is a sport, and with sport comes politics and conflict, Jeff Campbell is no different then many involved with DBC.

Anonymous
Anonymous

June 4th, 2006, 11:31 am #6

so run for president of dbc and get to work mr. high and mighty volunteer
there is a difference between demonstrated and percieved/potential conflict
gived us an example please of the dbc presidents conflict
i only see good work being done
we've come a long way since the nineties

Anonymous
Anonymous

June 4th, 2006, 4:53 pm #7

But have we come far enough????

To you Mr. High and Mighty, cheap comments from cheap seats, I agree action speaks louder than words!

If you've got issues get off your ass and contact Sports Canada, they're supposed to be the regulating body, maybe it's time they got off their ass!

Anonymous
Anonymous

June 5th, 2006, 1:38 pm #8

Anonymous
Anonymous

June 5th, 2006, 4:01 pm #9

A board of directors and president elected by the sport members.
http://www.dragonboatcanada.org/ContactUs.htm

Anonymous
Anonymous

June 5th, 2006, 10:15 pm #10

As I recall, the Philly guys have won every U.S. National Championship. Which "national" teams were Mr. Campbell a part of?

Portland was the US Premier Mixed team in the Nottingham (1999) and Philadelphia (2001) Worlds. The Philly team began racing Premier Mixed in 2002 and have been the US rep since in that category.