Adventure Racing

Long Mike
Long Mike

August 7th, 2001, 8:31 pm #1

I'm putting together a team for an adventure race on the September long weekend. The race will take somewhere between 24-30 hours, assuming we aren't lost, eaten by bears, or waylaid by those guys from Deliverance. The multidisciplinary event will entail orienteering, trailrunning, paddling, white-water rafting, biking, and ropework (rappelling, traversing, climbing). And, of course, this will all be without sleep. :)
I'm looking for 1 (possibly 2) hardcore dragonboaters to join my moderately successful team. I expect you to be able to run, paddle, and bike. The rest we can pick up before the race. I'm more impressed with endurance and willpower than raw skill.
I'd really like a grrl, so that we can compete as a co-ed team, but it's not essential.
Who's interested?

Cajunblue
Cajunblue

August 7th, 2001, 8:40 pm #2

Is there a beer tent?

Anonymous
Anonymous

August 8th, 2001, 12:37 pm #3

I'm putting together a team for an adventure race on the September long weekend. The race will take somewhere between 24-30 hours, assuming we aren't lost, eaten by bears, or waylaid by those guys from Deliverance. The multidisciplinary event will entail orienteering, trailrunning, paddling, white-water rafting, biking, and ropework (rappelling, traversing, climbing). And, of course, this will all be without sleep. :)
I'm looking for 1 (possibly 2) hardcore dragonboaters to join my moderately successful team. I expect you to be able to run, paddle, and bike. The rest we can pick up before the race. I'm more impressed with endurance and willpower than raw skill.
I'd really like a grrl, so that we can compete as a co-ed team, but it's not essential.
Who's interested?
do we get a free t-shirt?

Long Mike
Long Mike

August 10th, 2001, 2:18 pm #4

Who's interested?
Hmm... I've never seen a beer tent, but you could probably get a good game of caps going with some Gatorade. :) And you get to keep the t-shirt that sez you're hardcore.