It is time...

Mikan
Very Extreme!
Very Extreme!

June 5th, 2018, 8:17 am #1

Mikan had been sitting at the computer for nearly four hours. He had to mill all of this over. There was so much to process. So much had changed in the years since all of the things with his world, and the universe as a whole. With a sigh, he flipped the switch. It was time to get this over with. Lexi was... Skilled. She knew how to contact people, she how to route things to find people who didn't usually want to get contacted. Mikan waited for several moments. He knew what she was doing now. The signal had been sent, not towards someone who would route it to Frieza, but to the Galactic Overlord himself. When it did finally lift, the face of Mikan would on the view screen.

"Greetings Lord Frieza..." He said, pausing for a moment. "I'm not sure if you recall me, but I am Mikan, the Saiyan warrior who offered his blade to help you while we were... Removed from what we once knew." He said, nodding his head once. "I am General of the Saiyan Armies now, and I have come to talk to you about a number of things. I will be honest, forwards, and blunt. I am not a diplomat. I am a soldier. I think it is time to renegotiate the former terms of the PTO and the Saiyan Empire as a whole."

(233)

Frieza
Very Extreme!
Very Extreme!

June 12th, 2018, 10:24 am #2

OOC Notes: This thread is set before Frieza went to planet Namek to make his wishes on the Dragon Balls, so for this thread, he will be on planet Cold still.
“The future is dependently uncertain to those without the power to make change.”
There still hadn’t been any word sent from Zarbon and Tensile, and that was… frustrating, to say the least. Of course, there was still a chance that they hadn’t heard from them due to the fact that the ship was buried and that the proposed communication booster, from Frieza’s ship to that of Tagoma’s or Palkon’s, had not yet been put in place. Nevertheless, the Changeling Prince was just eager and restless. The idea that he could right one of the largest wrongs he had ever received was just too tempting to pass up on. If this was successful then Zarbon would be owed something spectacular for coming up with the idea in the first place.

Still, it wasn’t as if he had anything better to do with his time. Until Tagoma and Palkon arrived to be debriefed on the plan, Frieza couldn’t even make his move against his Father. He supposed that, more so than anything else, was what happened to be grating on him. Not being able to act, even though he had finally returned home. For now, all he could do was wait and with Leviathan otherwise occupied – he could sense that she was off somewhere else on the ship, no doubt allowing her curiosity to get the better of her – he was left to amuse himself in other, less pleasurable ways.

Finishing his glass of wine the Prince floated up from the sofa that he had been lounging on and began making his way across the room to pour another glass. Why had he bothered leaving the bottle so far away, to give himself something to do in getting up? With a sigh, he rolled his eyes, but before he could even make it halfway across the room the far window darkened and the view screen that was built into it flashed to life without warning or permission. No one, besides Levi could access his private network without him first accepting the call, and she was still close enough to contact him through their bond. Just who was this?

“Who dares contact me so abru-” but his words fell dead as the image appeared and recognition took over.

Before the individual even finished introducing himself Frieza remembered who he was, though not his name. Surely he couldn’t be expected to remember every name belonging to the infinite insects he came in contact with throughout the universe? However, this particular individual, who introduced himself as Mikan, had made a mark in the Changeling’s memory; no easy feat to be sure, especially for a Saiyan. Still… he wasn’t the biggest fan of their species and it was hard to ignore that, even with the few of them that he found interesting and bearable.

In truth, it might have the situation and location, rather than the individual, but considering what had happened it was honestly hard to tell which it was. Frieza had been pulled to what had appeared to be a universe outside of existence, along with Mikan, Raditz and a small, rude female whose planet he still fully intended to obliterate. A lot had happened in that place, much of which Frieza did not like to dwell upon overly. However, it could not be denied that, despite history between him and their people, both Raditz and Mikan had shown him reverence throughout it all.

That seemed enough for the Prince to cool his anger and to allow a wave of curiosity to wash over him. This curiosity was further ignited by what seemed to be each line that the Saiyan spoke, for it every part of it came as a surprise to him. Mikan was now a General of the Saiyan forces and, perhaps most surprisingly of all, he wished to renegotiate the terms that had once stood between the Saiyan Empire and the Cold Empire.

“My, what a surprise this is,” Frieza slowly began. He had purposely not replied to anything specific that Mikan had said. “Both that you, General, are contacting me… and that you were even capable of doing so directly.”

That was unfortunate. It had not been long since Frieza had specifically demanded all electronic security be upgraded, to stop this very thing from continuing to happen. However, it seemed that either this Saiyan was in possession of technology capable of circumventing said security upgrades or someone hadn’t done their job properly. Regardless of the truth, someone was like to die for this before the day was out, and they would never know that it had been Mikan, General of the Saiyan army, that had been the cause.

“I must say, your request has… intrigued me.” He added.

With graceful purpose, the Changeling Lord moved across the room sideways on from the screen. His eyes were no longer looking toward Mikan’s image, but rather straight ahead as if he had no care in the world. The truth was, he didn’t. Not really. And even if he did he wouldn’t have dared show it. Negotiation, such as this was, was about power and holding said power. The Saiyan had contacted him and thusly Frieza currently held that power. He wasn’t about to give even an ounce of it up, not if he could help it and especially not until he had at least heard more details.

“Tell me then. What is it that you feel about our former agreement needs addressing?” He asked in earnest.

As he paused his tail swished sharply across the floor and he glanced toward the view screen with a dark expression; an expression that was made all the more unsettling by his light tone. Even when countless light years separated them and Frieza was unaware of his exact location, he wanted the Saiyan to fear him. Being feared was quite the rush, but more so than that it was once more a useful bargaining chip in whatever negotiations they were likely to have.

“If I remember correctly it was your people, led by your King that broke our pact, boarded by vessel and attempted to assassinate me.”

Word Count: 1,021.

Mikan
Very Extreme!
Very Extreme!

June 14th, 2018, 12:03 am #3

"This line is secured. Both Voice and Lexi have ensured that much. My two advanced artificial intelligence units. As for the events of the past. That... Is going to be the first part of it all. While history is indeed fragmented from that time frame, it is known that he, and a handful of elites, attempted to assassinate someone who was miles out of their league in a very dishonorable action." Mikan reached up, shifting the camera to one side, and showing the heads upon pikes from all those, save for King Vegeta himself, who had stormed his ship. "And all but one have been dealt with for their actions. I am not the King, as doing so would involve far, far too much micro managing. But on to more important matters."

He waved his hand once and the camera panned down to him once more, though this time it was without his hand. "The King himself is going to be disposed of. He has made too many enemies, and in doing so, he is in need of an... Early retirement. His replacement is going to be the Queen. She is loyal to the people, not to her ego. Raditz and I are going to ensure that all of this happens in a smooth manner. But on to the details."

With a slow breath, he brought up the original contract with the Saiyan Empire. "The old contact is not... As beneficial to us both as we would like. The warriors that I have crave battle, we both know this, but I also have found those who do not, and who have been picking apart and rebuilding Tuffle technology. It's why I have the AI's that I do. My suggestion is simple: information, technology, and man power for an non-aggression pact and scientific research on both sides. That way you can continue to expand your empire, and the Saiyans can do the same so we won't be competing for the same worlds and resources."

While Mikan knew he was not in the best of bargaining positions, he knew he did have some level of leverage. The fact that he had already proven himself once before was something that was indeed helpful, and would play into his favor, though the fact he now had memories that he probably shouldn't would not come to the surface unless he need to use it for some kind of added measure. Though, knowing how some people worked, it probably would not be the most wise of choices to bring up. For now, he was going to have to play a lot of this by ear.

(439/672)

Frieza
Very Extreme!
Very Extreme!

August 7th, 2018, 6:18 am #4

Frieza’s eyes widened slightly in mild surprise at the sight of all the severed Saiyan heads that were beautifully stuck on pikes. To clarify, severed heads were no longer something that shocked the Changeling. He’d killed far too many in a plethora of varyingly sadistic ways that he had honestly begun to find the whole act rather boring; how did one kill when one had sampled all the methods? Besides, a Monkey doing something barbaric also wasn’t at all surprising. However, in the brief time that the Prince had known Mikan, and his experiences with him were indeed brief, the Saiyan general had simply not seemed the brutal type. That had been the surprise, and it was a rather pleasant one at that.

“My, my… how you’ve been busy,” Frieza commented in reply to the view.

So they planned to usurp the King? Now, that was not at all surprising. Whether or not the Saiyan populace was aware of it or not, and he did not believe that they were on the whole, Frieza had been the one who had previously destroyed their world. One fact that none of them would know, however, was the reasons why. Granted, Frieza had grown bored of the ever increasing openness of the Saiyans growing resentment and resistance toward him, and then there had been the order from Lord Beerus too, but there was no forgetting King Vegeta’s small act of rebellion. Granted, the Saiyan King had paid for it with his life, but that was hardly an important detail since he had clearly been resurrected somehow.

Still, Frieza knew very little of the Queen though her ambition was clear from this conversation alone, unless they planned to use her as a figurehead only and rule from behind her? It seemed far too underhanded of a plan for a Saiyan but, then again, Mikan didn’t appear to be your typical Saiyan. There was a quiet, almost reserved intelligence to this Monkey that was fairly unique amongst his race; it was almost unsettling… almost. However, soon enough the Saiyan in question finally got to the main act of this conversation, and the Changeling couldn’t help but grin.

“I was wondering if this was why you have contacted me,” Frieza began. His voice was smooth, a hint of laughter dancing around the edges of his words but never rearing its head. “I suppose in the wake of the previous deal between myself and your people, there may very well be space for a replacement accord.”

There it was, “hope”. It wasn’t much but it would no doubt be enough to tantalise the General into believing he could get what he wanted, or at least a portion of what he wanted. No one was foolish enough to try and broach a deal without first knowing that even a fair compromise would mean not getting everything that you wanted. This rule was even further exaggerated in the case of bargaining with Lord Frieza.

“Let us be frank, General, for I feel that you may appreciate that rather than the finesse of wordplay. Since your planet and people… miraculously returned to this universe, you’ve been in utter disarray. There’s been little to no voice from your leadership and if my reports are correct, and it is rare that they are not, even your Queen, the so called leader you wish to place atop the throne of your people, abandoned them for a time.”

Oh, how juicy a bit of information that had been to stumble upon, or rather that Juniper had stolen from him from the Imperial Palace. She had been rather fantastic since he had inducted her into his “apprenticeship programme”, as it were. It was a shame that she hadn’t been able to find out where the Queen of the Saiyans had gone in her time off planet, apparently the scout had foolish been unable to ascertain that amount of information. The fool.

“In this time my Empire has done little more but continue to flourish and grow. In short? Your people are a non-threat to my Empire.”

And now the destruction of said hope, though not entirely. This, even if Frieza had stated otherwise, was a finely played game that the Prince was extremely good at. Now it was time for the final stroke in his section of this current scene.

“Yet…” He began again, raising a finger to draw further attention to his words. “I am not a foolish being. I know the benefits that your people brought to my Empire. If the Saiyan race is truly going to be stepping into such an unknown and potentially precarious era then I am more than happy to help guide them through it with my support.”

That wasn’t what Mikan had asked for, nor was it different enough to warrant comment. If nothing else it could have been taken as a fancy way of wording the same thing, though it could have also been taken as if Frieza was declaring himself Emperor over the Saiyan race once more. The vagueness was key, for if Imecka had taught the Changeling Prince nothing else, it was that fear, aggression and power did not always work on every opponent… they could still be effective tools, but there were sometimes a more delicate way of handling things, as much as he might despise it.

Besides, there was another factor pulling the strings inside the Arcosians head. A worry that he could not seem to ignore, even if it was only a small one. There was no way of knowing just how powerful the Saiyan race had become since their revival. Was Son Goku, or any other Super Simian for that matter, helping or supporting this Saiyan Empire? And if they were, was Frieza yet strong enough to combat an entire race of those dreaded golden monkeys? After all, he had not even yet successfully taken the Cold Empire from the decrepit clutches of his Father, so his position was not as secure as he portrayed or the rest of the universe believed.

“So tell me then, General Mikan, just why I should truly put my faith in this Queen of yours and give me a little more detail on what the Saiyan Empire can offer my own – you mentioned technology, did you not?”

Word Count: 1,052.
Total Word Count: 2,073.

Mikan
Very Extreme!
Very Extreme!

August 7th, 2018, 7:39 pm #5

Well, it told Mikan a lot about what was happening on Planet Vegeta, and what he was going to need to do if given enough time. However, it did seem as if Lord Frieza was willing to go along with a number of things and amend the accord they had in the past. With that, Mikan would remain silent, his eyes watching the Emperor of the Galaxy. He was learning about the Prince, picking up more and more details that he had missed before and that he needed to carry with him to the next stage of things. For now, however, silence was stronger than words, and Lord Frieza understood that wordplay was not his greatest asset.

“Yes. The Queen did recently leave Planet Vegeta, seeking to find her sons. Like any change of power, one must... Understand what is going to be an asset or a liability. She has left to find her children and figure out what nature the Royal Family would take. If they prove to be liabilities they will be... Dealt with.” He said, allowing that to hang in the air. The fact that Frieza had that kind of information told him that despite his original efforts, there were still some who spied for the Prince. That was to be expected. He did everything in secret, so it was sure that some of them would slip through his fingers and back into the general population.

“Your empire has indeed been flourishing. The destruction of Imecka was noticed. The people refused to be brought to proper heel, so you had your minions remove the world from your empire. The core of that world did indeed survive, or at least part of it did. It made a most interesting weapon to be used against a near by planet's population. Perhaps I will have to figure out how to do something like that again in the future.” He chuckled a bit, smirking some and looking at the Prince, not as if he was smug, but simply to show that he was not as in the dark as some people had expected he would be.

“But yes, support and assistance are indeed good ways to ensure that proper power change is followed.” He said, understanding the underlying words that the Prince was using. “As for the offer of technology... Tuffle technology was among some the greatest in the universe before their fall. While King Vegeta saw fit to allow it to... Mold away and be left for rust, I have seen fit to reclaim it. The two Artificial Intelligence units that are being used to communicate with you are an example of what can be done. We have access to cybernetics that are beyond what your empire currently uses, as the MK. 22 units from nearly a decade ago are steps above what was originally set aside by your father to repair your body, if the event ever did arrise, according to the data files at least.

“We have also gotten the teleportation grid back online as well. Commander Raditz and I have set up several small bases across the galaxy, and we can teleport to and from them with ease. For example...” He said, making a motion to the side of the screen. There would be a noise not far from Lord Frieza, and the sword that Mikan had used while they had all been kidnapped to the World of Psychedelic Cold had materialized. “So long as we can get decent co-ordinates, we can teleport anything nearly any place instantly. Imagine being able to deploy a squad of soldiers on a world you wish to claim, with no down time, no waiting period.” He smiled a bit. “Combine that with near instant deployment of supplies, buildings, and the like, you can make an almost instant stronghold on a world you wish to claim in short order...”

There was a lot more that Mikan could go into, but he had to save a few aces, as the expression went. But he would toss out one more idea as well. “My AIs have also been able to discover the secrets of being able to condense items into a vastly smaller form, as they have been doing on Earth. It seems that this small blue gemstone in space has a number of secrets that would have been over looked, had we not done proper scouting of technology and people. We are able to take something as large as a capital ship and shrink it down within one of these.” He said, holding up a medium sized capsule. “ As I said before, nearly instant deployment of troops, buildings, and supplies with little cost. Our Empires could greatly benefit from our mutual partnership.”

For now, he was going to leave those things on the table. He had aces as well, things to help push things into his favor, but for now, it was time to see what Lord Frieza was going to offer as a counter, or if this alone would be enough to being the Emperor to his side when it came to the agreement with the Alliance that was offered. While Mikan fully expected the Emperor to be interested in this, he knew that it might not be enough to quell the hunger that was in the Prince's eyes. For now, he would simply wait for the response from the Prince, and see where he needed to go from there.

Lexi had been recording this entire thing as well. While Mikan wouldn't say anything about it directly, having data on everyone was indeed a good way to go about helping to maintain an empire. Mikan had no doubts that Frieza was doing the same thing as well. There was no reason to think that the Lord of the PTO was not doing this. After all, the Prince was no fool, and he wouldn't just let things slip past him, not in a place like this or at a time like this.

(1004/1676)