What post do you expect to see next on Dozensonline??

SenaryThe12th
Regular

10:15 PM - Sep 11, 2018 #1

(All in good fun, I'm trying to stay awake at work while my programs compile....)

1.  Paul Rappaport releases a new version of the comprehensive dozenal watch.  As a security feature, you have to type in the 7x column of the dozenal multiplication table.  Unfortunately, this bricks a lot of watches, because only the most die-hard dozenalists can actually remember the 7x column of the dozenal multiplication table...

2.  A new user going by the monniker of "Windy_Struggler" proposes a new unit, called "The Bullshit" which measures the amount of nonsense in a dozensonline post.  Kodo objects that this name already has a well-known meaning, so a new name should be proposed.  Windy_Struggler replies "fine, lets call it the Kodegadel then!" after which Icarus promptly bans her, because he recognizes it as a sock puppet account for Wendy Krieger.

3.  Icarus completes his tour-des-bases by releasing his long-awaited essay on base 247.  To everybody's amazement, it actually turns out to be a wonderful base, but first you have to learn about a new concept he invented, the "tototototadatives". 

3.  Kodegadulo unveils his latest masterpiece, the "Systematic Systematizer of Nomenclature" (SSN)  which lets you give a latinate name to pretty much anything.  There is much excitement about the new system, until arbiteroftruth points out that its just pig latin.

Can't wait to see what ya'll come up with next :-)

Kodegadulo
Obsessive poster
Kodegadulo
Obsessive poster

10:49 PM - Sep 11, 2018 #2

SenaryThe12th wrote: 3.  Icarus completes his tour-des-bases by releasing his long-awaited essay on base 247.  To everybody's amazement, it actually turns out to be a wonderful base, but first you have to learn about a new concept he invented, the "tototototadatives". 
Iway ontday inkthay oureyay inway Ansaskay anyway oremay, Enarysay. 😉
Last edited by Kodegadulo on 11:20 PM - Sep 11, 2018, edited 2 times in total.
As of 1202/03/01[z]=2018/03/01[d] I use:
ten,eleven = ↊↋, ᘔƐ, ӾƐ, XE or AB.
Base-neutral base annotations
Systematic Dozenal Nomenclature
Primel Metrology
Western encoding (not by choice)
Greasemonkey + Mathjax + PrimelDozenator
(Links to these and other useful topics are in my index post;
click on my user name and go to my "Website" link)

Kodegadulo
Obsessive poster
Kodegadulo
Obsessive poster

11:09 PM - Sep 11, 2018 #3

SenaryThe12th wrote:2.  A new user going by the monniker of "Windy_Struggler" proposes a new unit, called "The Bullshit"
Wouldn't that be spelled "þe Bullscheiße"? 😉 
Primel Metrology

Neme5is
Casual Member
Neme5is
Casual Member

6:02 AM - Oct 01, 2018 #4

Interesting.

Kodegadulo
Obsessive poster
Kodegadulo
Obsessive poster

9:24 AM - Oct 01, 2018 #5

Neme5is wrote: Interesting.
Interesting pattern of initial posts for a newcomer, Neme5is. Interesting choice of user name, too. I'd welcome you to the forum, but I have a sneaking suspicion you've been here before.
Primel Metrology

Neme5is
Casual Member
Neme5is
Casual Member

7:47 PM - Oct 01, 2018 #6

Tapatalk said Nemesis was already taken; so I put the 5 for an s.

Kodegadulo
Obsessive poster
Kodegadulo
Obsessive poster

9:11 PM - Oct 01, 2018 #7

Neme5is wrote: Tapatalk said Nemesis was already taken; so I put the 5 for an s.
Of course, the real curiosity is not why the misspelling, but why choose to name yourself after the ancient Greek goddess of retribution against those guilty of hubris? Rather an antagonistic allusion.
Primel Metrology

icarus
Dozens Demigod
icarus
Dozens Demigod

10:03 PM - Oct 01, 2018 #8

She's for peace and justiss. Let her be. Maybe we can lay down our arms and all be happy and free.

I am hoping so, completely without any cynicism. After all, this is a maths forum. You know? Like 7 + 9 = 14. That's all it is. How it got to mercenary retribution I'll never guess. I mean, you're told, "don't tiff, don't tiff". "Behave when you come out of jug". Moment you're out, press all the buttons. You're asked, "expand on this in an appropriate forum", even having (even still!) one's own forum in which to expound upon one's thoughts. But that wasn't good enough and it is somehow unjust in the eyes of mercenaries and frequent sockpuppeteers. And we are really just vewy vewy baaaaaaaad boys.

It makes you wonder, since being on the forum pays no money, no fame, no cred, indeed I could see it maybe painting one a sort of mergatroid (which totally describes me, by the by) to be involved, perhaps. I mean it's not rugby star, for instance. Not to mention football (international, not American, but it works in the US too). Those people make a fortune and are famous. Top dozenist? Dozensonline commentator? Not so much.

And there is an ellipsis. Hmmmm................ why? (It's evident to most people, to be sure).

But I digress. I accept the name Neme5is, so long as substance on topic and constructive contribution rather than getevenwithemism, because that is against the rules. Ellipsis.