Moderator: sukesu

MistyTwix
Advanced Member
MistyTwix
Advanced Member

7:26 AM - Jun 25, 2014 #11

She's actually very calm in the house. I work full time so I feel that her time outside has to be fun and enjoyable for Dani. She gets a short walk at lunchtime without balls and two good walks at either end of the day with a ball. Balls are not allowed in the house although she is allowed chew toys. She's not really wired to the point that she can be a pain. The barking at folks passing the garden is very new, prior to her op she played in the garden alone/with me and ignored anyone passing by.

MistyTwix
Advanced Member
MistyTwix
Advanced Member

8:29 AM - Jul 31, 2014 #12

With the nice weather I've been out more with Dani in the front garden. I've been throwing a ball for her if she ignores people walking past and this seems to have helped the situation immensely. If I'm not there when someone goes past she actually comes to look for me instead as she knows I will toss the ball for her. Its not 100% tho. Every day a woman passes with a german shepherd and a collie. She walks from quite far away to see her mum who lives on the opposite side of my house. The dogs are never on a lead and the german shepherd is always way ahead of her. The collie is a lovely calm girlie. This woman knows when she comes along our road that Dani is going to bark at her dog as it comes bounding up to our garden but she does nothing to call her to her side, she just continues to walk on the opposite side of the road ignoring the mayhem. I always get Dani away but she doesn't even acknowledge the part her own dog plays in this. The GS will get knocked down one of these days as it just launches itself across the road (even when Dani isn't in the garden) and we do have traffic on our street. Silly woman but it doesn't half get me annoyed.

Jazzlet
Advanced Member
Jazzlet
Advanced Member

11:08 AM - Jul 31, 2014 #13

Ace that you've made so much progress Dani comes looking for you, it sounds like you have nailed it apart from that one dog. :goodjob: What a stupid woman :mad: I hope the dog doesn't get run over. :fingers:

MistyTwix
Advanced Member
MistyTwix
Advanced Member

12:59 PM - Jul 31, 2014 #14

Thanks Jazzlet. Its not foolproof by any stretch of the imagination but it is so much better.