How do I use user created V9 lineups and transactions with a V11 purchased classic season?

Demosthenes
Minor Leaguer (Rookie Ball)
Demosthenes
Minor Leaguer (Rookie Ball)
Joined: July 14th, 2017, 10:14 am

October 3rd, 2017, 7:47 am #1

Is it possible?  I am attempting to use Stephen Drake's 1933 lineups and transactions with a classic 1933 season purchased from the company.  Thanks!
Quote
Like
Share

dmbDavid
DMB Support
dmbDavid
DMB Support
Joined: August 11th, 2016, 6:27 am

October 3rd, 2017, 9:04 am #2

Demosthenes wrote: Is it possible?  I am attempting to use Stephen Drake's 1933 lineups and transactions with a classic 1933 season purchased from the company.  Thanks!
The following topic in the Homebrew Seasons section on the FoDMB forums seems to be about the same problem. Maybe the information there will help.

1929 & 1931 Saved Lineups for DMB 11?
Quote
Like
Share

Demosthenes
Minor Leaguer (Rookie Ball)
Demosthenes
Minor Leaguer (Rookie Ball)
Joined: July 14th, 2017, 10:14 am

October 3rd, 2017, 9:29 am #3

I can not get access to the Organizer as I always get the following error message after unzipping the files into the season folder:  "Unable to read from the DMBTEAM file".
Quote
Like
Share

dmbDavid
DMB Support
dmbDavid
DMB Support
Joined: August 11th, 2016, 6:27 am

October 3rd, 2017, 2:50 pm #4

Demosthenes wrote: I can not get access to the Organizer as I always get the following error message after unzipping the files into the season folder:  "Unable to read from the DMBTEAM file".
That's because most of the data files that comprise a DMB database are not compatible between versions. Normally, when you try to open a database from a previous version, DMB will recognize this and offer to convert the database to the new version. Apparently, the partial database you have downloaded does not include this version information.

You might be able to trick the game into converting the database by copying in a new VER file that reports the database as version 9 instead of version 11. Do you have an old version 9 database folder saved somewhere that you can copy the VER file from? If not, download and save the following file into your hacked 1933 database folder (make sure DMB is not running).

When you start DMB and open your 1933 database again, it should prompt you to convert it to version 11 and hopefully include the transactions and lineups that you already unzipped in.

DMB9 VER file
Quote
Like
Share

Demosthenes
Minor Leaguer (Rookie Ball)
Demosthenes
Minor Leaguer (Rookie Ball)
Joined: July 14th, 2017, 10:14 am

October 3rd, 2017, 5:09 pm #5

dmbDavid wrote:
Demosthenes wrote: I can not get access to the Organizer as I always get the following error message after unzipping the files into the season folder:  "Unable to read from the DMBTEAM file".
That's because most of the data files that comprise a DMB database are not compatible between versions. Normally, when you try to open a database from a previous version, DMB will recognize this and offer to convert the database to the new version. Apparently, the partial database you have downloaded does not include this version information.

You might be able to trick the game into converting the database by copying in a new VER file that reports the database as version 9 instead of version 11. Do you have an old version 9 database folder saved somewhere that you can copy the VER file from? If not, download and save the following file into your hacked 1933 database folder (make sure DMB is not running).

When you start DMB and open your 1933 database again, it should prompt you to convert it to version 11 and hopefully include the transactions and lineups that you already unzipped in.

DMB9 VER file
Worked like a charm.... thanks for the rescue!
Quote
Like
Share

Demosthenes
Minor Leaguer (Rookie Ball)
Demosthenes
Minor Leaguer (Rookie Ball)
Joined: July 14th, 2017, 10:14 am

October 4th, 2017, 8:42 am #6

Demosthenes wrote:
dmbDavid wrote:
Demosthenes wrote: I can not get access to the Organizer as I always get the following error message after unzipping the files into the season folder:  "Unable to read from the DMBTEAM file".
That's because most of the data files that comprise a DMB database are not compatible between versions. Normally, when you try to open a database from a previous version, DMB will recognize this and offer to convert the database to the new version. Apparently, the partial database you have downloaded does not include this version information.

You might be able to trick the game into converting the database by copying in a new VER file that reports the database as version 9 instead of version 11. Do you have an old version 9 database folder saved somewhere that you can copy the VER file from? If not, download and save the following file into your hacked 1933 database folder (make sure DMB is not running).

When you start DMB and open your 1933 database again, it should prompt you to convert it to version 11 and hopefully include the transactions and lineups that you already unzipped in.

DMB9 VER file
Worked like a charm.... thanks for the rescue!
David,

One last question...  Will the VER file you sent me work for V9 home brew lineup/transactions/splits other than 1933 (such as 1941) or is it specific to 1933 only?

Thanks, Bob
Quote
Like
Share

dmbDavid
DMB Support
dmbDavid
DMB Support
Joined: August 11th, 2016, 6:27 am

October 4th, 2017, 1:18 pm #7

Demosthenes wrote: David,

One last question...  Will the VER file you sent me work for V9 home brew lineup/transactions/splits other than 1933 (such as 1941) or is it specific to 1933 only?

Thanks, Bob
The VER file contains a simple version identifier that is the same for all databases of that particular version (e.g. 9, 10 or 11). Whether or not the same trick will work with another downloaded partial database, I can't say. The database files weren't designed to be used that way at all. YMMV.
Quote
Like
Share

dmbDavid
DMB Support
dmbDavid
DMB Support
Joined: August 11th, 2016, 6:27 am

October 4th, 2017, 2:18 pm #8

Topic moved to Help & Support area.
Quote
Like
Share