Where should I live after my bike trip?

Where should I live after my bike trip?

December 29th, 2016, 8:01 pm #1

Here's the thing: I'm moving out of my apartment in early February and will put everything in storage. Then I'll bike across America. (There's no point paying rent on a place that I won't live in for 2 months.)

When I return, I'll be looking for a job full-time. And the question is...

Where should I live?

Buena Vista or Salida again?
Colorado Springs?
Pueblo?

I'm thinking I have a good chance to get a job with my previous employer that's based in Pueblo. If I took a job there, I could commute from Beulah, Westcliffe or Canon City. Hmmm.

January 2nd, 2017, 3:51 pm #2

but do you want the same kind of job that you had before? Wasn't it really stressful? I know that I'm burning out in my own job...been doing it for 26 years.

January 2nd, 2017, 3:56 pm #3

But yeah, it'd probably be another stressful job. They all are.

January 3rd, 2017, 6:05 am #4

Here's the thing: I'm moving out of my apartment in early February and will put everything in storage. Then I'll bike across America. (There's no point paying rent on a place that I won't live in for 2 months.)

Where should I live?

Colorado Springs?
Pueblo?

I'm thinking I have a good chance to get a job with my previous employer that's based in Pueblo. If I took a job there, I could commute from Beulah, Westcliffe or Canon City. Hmmm.
What is your heart telling you? Which place would you regret not trying?

January 3rd, 2017, 3:48 pm #5

I'm pretty sure I can get a job in Pueblo with my previous employer. (They have SO MANY jobs available for licensed therapists.) And if I work in Pueblo, it's very reasonable that I could live in the Colorado Springs area, Buena Vista/Salida, or maybe a town west of Pueblo like Canon City, Beulah, or Westcliffe.

Honestly, I don't know what my heart is telling me. The one important thing is that I live in a prettier and more scenic region where I can resume my hiking and photography more often. Other than that, it doesn't matter much where I live. It would be so amazing to have a significant other where maybe we could live where SHE really wanted to live, but alas, that's not in the cards.

Places I might regret not trying: Buena Vista was that town until I moved there in 2005. At this point, there are none on the list.

January 15th, 2017, 7:34 am #6

Where should I live?

Colorado Springs?
Pueblo?

BV, the most beautiful