question on itinerary

question on itinerary

May 3rd, 2007, 3:38 pm #1

My fiance and I will spend one week at the end of July in Ouray. Please give us some suggestions as to how we might make the very best of our time.... We need to prioritize what we'll do. We love the outdoors, nature, camping (but we're not camping on this trip), 4-wheeling, horses, etc. We are not much for the partying scene or being around a lot of people in a noisy environment; don't care much for live music where we eat or sitting in concerts.

There just seems to be TOO MUCH to choose from in Ouray!

May 4th, 2007, 9:12 pm #2

I'm not sure I can give you suggstions, because there really is so much to do. You can see some of my Ouray advetures here: http://www.ouraylovers.com

Of course, I only scratched the surface!

-Steve

Colorado Guy Trivia Game Champion - July 2006
Holds Record 17 consecutive monthly finishes in the top ten (July 2005-November 2006)
<i>Holds Record Most daily wins in a month - 7 wins (July 2006)
Played trivia game 542 consecutive days. (Holds record)
<I>Life is too short not to live in Colorado!</I>

mtsrool
mtsrool

May 11th, 2007, 7:58 pm #3

You can rent a Jeep to hit the trails, or if you prefer to go on a tour, they have large vehicle Jeep trail tours, too. That's an awesome way to get above the tree line. There's also horseback riding and chuckwagon dinners. Or you can spend the day soaking in the huge hot springs pool in town. The restaurants are very nice there, too. Hiking, biking, fishing and walks along the Uncompahgre River are great, too.

mtsrool
mtsrool

May 11th, 2007, 7:58 pm #4

My fiance and I will spend one week at the end of July in Ouray. Please give us some suggestions as to how we might make the very best of our time.... We need to prioritize what we'll do. We love the outdoors, nature, camping (but we're not camping on this trip), 4-wheeling, horses, etc. We are not much for the partying scene or being around a lot of people in a noisy environment; don't care much for live music where we eat or sitting in concerts.

You can rent a Jeep to hit the trails, or if you prefer to go on a tour, they have large vehicle Jeep trail tours, too. That's an awesome way to get above the tree line. There's also horseback riding and chuckwagon dinners. Or you can spend the day soaking in the huge hot springs pool in town. The restaurants are very nice there, too. Hiking, biking, fishing and walks along the Uncompahgre River are great, too.

mtsrool
mtsrool

May 11th, 2007, 7:58 pm #5

Dave O
Dave O

May 18th, 2007, 12:20 am #6

and a 23-mile drive south to Silverton, over Red Mountain Pass. There is a ski lift at Silverton Mountain, one of the highest in nation at 12,300ft. You can see the Silverton-Durango narrow gauge train come in during the day too. Lots of four wheeling opportunities on the Alpine Loop too.

June 9th, 2007, 9:41 pm #7

Cool...ya got any pics of that DaveO??? n/m