My Cottonwood Pass/Taylor Park story

July 5th, 2009, 8:52 pm #1

Hi -

I wanted to share my story about how I came to love this region.

My parents began to visit Taylor Park Reservoir in the late 1950's with my 5 older siblings. They fell in love with the place instantly and made the trek from SE Colorado and SW Kansas each and every summer. By the time I was born in 1967, they had begun to stay in the cabins at the Trading Post. Since that time, the annual journey has grown to include aunts/uncles, cousins, nieces/nephews, and even some good family friends. Typically 80-90 people will be there at some point during the week-long reunion, essentially taking over about half of the resort.

My dad worked 50-60 hours per week in his business for 51 weeks a year - his goal was to make it through for that one special week in his special place in Colorado. He and mom are gone now - their goal of retiring in Colorado was never realized.

We carry on their tradition now, with each of the six of us bringing our families to the place in Colorado where we can still be with the spirits of our parents - Taylor Park.

I wanted to let you know that your websites have provided me with hours of entertainment and memory-inducing images. Like the rest of my family, I have a special feeling when I'm at Taylor Park - I'm at peace there. Thank you for the work you put in on all of your sites.

Mike W.
Gardner, KS

July 20th, 2009, 3:45 am #2

I'm so glad you found my pages and photo galleries about Cottonwood Pass and the area!

-Steve
www.ColoradoGuy.com