Merry Christmas

December 14th, 2017, 8:27 pm #1

Hey Steve long time no post, i stick my head in every now and then , hope you are well. Do i understand you are moving to Westcliff, i thought you were in Greeley practising there.
Joe from Texas met you in Manitou several years ago....

December 15th, 2017, 3:14 pm #2

Yes, yes, yes, I'm under contract to buy a home in Westcliffe. That should be finalized by January.

Yes, I do work in Greeley, but currently I work three long days followed by four days off. So I figured I'll drive up there, stay for the three days, then return for four days. I've also started looking for work in Pueblo and Colorado Springs, which would be closer.

Hey, I hope you are well. How are you and your family doing these days? Please give me an update!

December 16th, 2017, 12:07 am #3

Steve we are great, Lynn and I have 42 years under our belt haha, still go up to GMFalls every summer or fall for a couple of weeks. We have 2 grandkids 7 and 5 both boys. I have been retired for 3 years, we keep the grandkids after school for a couple of hours. We are going to look for something in GMF, WP, or Divide come spring to have a get away place from the Texas heat. I would think there would be lots of Work opportunities in the Springs, we have some friends in Monument and the housing market is crazy there. I drift into your website and still tour trips of the mountains since I am not up there lol, it gives me my Colorado fix. I see your have left Buena Vista, gone to New Mexico back to Colorado and biked across America, I must say Mr. Garufi you sure get around, I would say you truly are an adventurer......Any update on your foot, pray you will be back to a 100% very soon. Will you be going back to New York for Christmas.

December 16th, 2017, 4:32 am #4

Joe, did you see my bike across America pictures? I went across Texas once morehttp://bicycletrip.net. And I mean ACROSS ALL OF TEXAS. I was in El Paso, and I biked all the way to the Texas/Louisiana state line.

Hey, just a thought: While I realize you really like GMF, Woodland Park and Divide, homes in Westcliffe are still quite affordable. The Colorado housing market has definitely gone up, up, up, especially around Monument, Castle Rock, Denver, and anywhere north of Denver.

Thank you for my prayers for my foot. I had surgery in BOTH feet -- they took out a neuroma in each foot that was in the ball of my foot. I had pretty tough nerve-like pain shooting into my toes for the past two years. Not fun at all. Finally, I think with these surgeries, I'll have a good chance to get back to normal.

Hey, thanks so much for writing me. Come to this forum anytime. (I make sure to stop by every day.) I'm so happy for you that you get to spend time with your grandkids. Also, enjoy your retirement!

Last edited by stevegarufi on December 16th, 2017, 4:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

December 18th, 2017, 8:41 pm #5

How did the viewing go of the condo on Saturday you think you will put in an offer,

December 19th, 2017, 9:23 am #6

The owner and I agreed on a price and now we're under contract. The townhome (or 'condo' - whatever you want to call it) should be mine by January 25 or so. I'm pretty excited!

December 20th, 2017, 8:51 pm #7

Thats great Steve, will this be your first piece of real estate in Colorado that you have owned, I guess its save to say you are a true Coloradian now and a taxpaying citizen in Westcliffe CO, way to go Mr. Garufi!!!!!

December 20th, 2017, 9:33 pm #8

So yes, this is a big personal accomplishment for me. It feels good.

The next time you're in Colorado, please let me know. Westcliffe isn't that far from the whole Colorado Springs area. And I always need an excuse to visit beautiful Green Mountain Falls!

By the way, here's a shot of Main Street in Westcliffe. Ahhhh mountains!

December 21st, 2017, 8:50 pm #9

As a friend of mine in Colorado says NOT TO SHABBY, pretty nice view, where is your condo in relation to this scene..... Looks like for a small town it has lots of activities to do, hike and bike right there!!!!

December 22nd, 2017, 1:41 am #10

A condo means you have people living above or below you and it's like an apartment.

A townhome is when you usually have two floors and the spacing is narrow and they're like "row houses."

Anyway, from the spot of the photo, you'd have to go about about five blocks left and five blocks backwards to be where I'll be living. Really, the mountain views to the west in Westcliffe are stunning. Here are more photos:

This is about 7 miles north of town:

It's an aerial shot. Westcliffe is the cluster to the right. (The town of Silver Cliff is the cluster on the left.)

On the north end of Westcliffe: