Looking to Move to Manitou

Looking to Move to Manitou

November 11th, 2006, 5:42 am #1

Hey all.
I'm a liberal peace loving hippie type who is in LOVE with Manitou. I lived off of Vermijo a few years back, but was always in your neck of the woods :)
I weave hemp as well as other various artistic interests and figured that Manitou is the place for me. I will be ready for the move come the beginning of Jan/07. Gonna sell the truck and only come down the pass when I have to :)
I'm looking for a 1 bdrm or sm 2 bdrm apt or cottage, kinda on the cheap as I wish to buy my own place in Manitou. I have 2 mature cats and a whole lotta yard equipment so maybe storage of some type would be nice.
If any of you fine people hear of something coming up that I might be interested in, please let me know. I have wonderful landlord refs.
I'd love some info on the school, as my daughter is home schooled, but I heard that D14 Rocks. Any input would be so appreciated.
I'm going to mosey through the other posts, but I am open to any conversation regarding Manitou and the way thing are there.

Mouse

November 12th, 2006, 5:39 pm #2

in your search for a new home. E-mail me and I'll get you his phone number. Please put something in the subject line that will identify you as you, so I don't delete without reading.

I understand D14 is a great district as well.

Best of luck with the search.

November 13th, 2006, 12:49 am #3

I'm not real sure of your email addy, but I added mine.
Thanks so much for your help.
Mouse

November 15th, 2006, 4:11 am #4

November 24th, 2006, 3:59 pm #5

Hey all.
I'm a liberal peace loving hippie type who is in LOVE with Manitou. I lived off of Vermijo a few years back, but was always in your neck of the woods :)
I weave hemp as well as other various artistic interests and figured that Manitou is the place for me. I will be ready for the move come the beginning of Jan/07. Gonna sell the truck and only come down the pass when I have to :)
I'm looking for a 1 bdrm or sm 2 bdrm apt or cottage, kinda on the cheap as I wish to buy my own place in Manitou. I have 2 mature cats and a whole lotta yard equipment so maybe storage of some type would be nice.
If any of you fine people hear of something coming up that I might be interested in, please let me know. I have wonderful landlord refs.
I'd love some info on the school, as my daughter is home schooled, but I heard that D14 Rocks. Any input would be so appreciated.
I'm going to mosey through the other posts, but I am open to any conversation regarding Manitou and the way thing are there.

Mouse

November 27th, 2006, 10:36 pm #6

Hey all.

Mouse
Here's a good site for searching for real-estate.

http://idx.ppmls.marketlinx.com/sampcli ... ameset.asp

1. At the above URL, in the "Area" section, select Manitou Springs, then click "Continue". You can enter subareas if you know your subarea.

2. On the next screen, you can tailor your search even further. I think the key field here is "Property Type". You will most likely want to select "Single Family".

3. The site is updated daily as listings are added or removed from the MLS. As of today (11/27/06) the least expensive listing was $150K for 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom, 702 sq.ft home in downtown Manitou. But the very next listing is $155K for a 3 bedroom, 3 bathroom, 1 car garage, 1600 sq.ft townhome (it was improperly listed as a single-family home). The other catch is it's in Crystal Hills sub-area located off of Crystal Park Rd. which is a nice area, but not downtown Manitou.

Good luck.

March 3rd, 2007, 12:47 pm #7

is there a similar high quality site for rentals in manitou?

July 28th, 2007, 11:23 pm #8

when I was trying to move to Manitou or CS, and I was told your best bet was the newspaper and just to drive around looking for "for rent" signs. I was told that places rent so quickly in Manitou that they really don't advertise much, no need to.

I wanted to rent for a while and look for a place to buy. What I discovered in my week of searching is that I couldn't afford to live there. I am a teacher with a family and real estate and rentals were just way too high for what I make, and I was looking at a pay cut of several thousand dollars to teach there.

I will try again in two years when my youngest graduates from high school.

Good luck.