Home Sweet Home

Home Sweet Home

August 29th, 2007, 3:56 am #1

Imagine my surprise when I came across this site as I'm 42 and have been vacationing in Chalk Creek Canyon since I was a baby & then brought my own children here. There are memories everywhere I look. St Elmo, Tincup, Hancock, Alpine Tunnel, camping in Chalk Creek campground & later my parents built a vacation home on a cliff across from the Young Life Ranch.
Though I live in Missouri, my imagination was born in the Colorado mountains. As a family we'd go out on a full moon to see the glowing chalk cliffs. You can see the holes, or caves, in the cliffs & hear about Indians hiding out there. There was the grave of a stage coach driver on my parents property.
It's been a couple of years since we've been out there & everyone is missing it terribly. It's like we need our Colorado "fix".
So glad to have found you. I'm including some links to pictures I have from back then.
I'm the young brunette girl.
IMG][/IMG]
The little outdoor church at Alpine.
[/IMG]

[/IMG]

September 6th, 2007, 9:13 pm #2

Thanks for showing off those photos too!

-Steve in [color=180987]Buena Vista, Colorado[/color]

September 20th, 2007, 6:40 pm #3

Imagine my surprise when I came across this site as I'm 42 and have been vacationing in Chalk Creek Canyon since I was a baby & then brought my own children here. There are memories everywhere I look. St Elmo, Tincup, Hancock, Alpine Tunnel, camping in Chalk Creek campground & later my parents built a vacation home on a cliff across from the Young Life Ranch.
Though I live in Missouri, my imagination was born in the Colorado mountains. As a family we'd go out on a full moon to see the glowing chalk cliffs. You can see the holes, or caves, in the cliffs & hear about Indians hiding out there. There was the grave of a stage coach driver on my parents property.
It's been a couple of years since we've been out there & everyone is missing it terribly. It's like we need our Colorado "fix".
So glad to have found you. I'm including some links to pictures I have from back then.
I'm the young brunette girl.
IMG][/IMG]
The little outdoor church at Alpine.
[/IMG]

[/IMG]
What great memories, from a simpler time! Looks like your family had a lot of fun in the St. Elmo area.
Thanks for sharing your pics and story!

^..^ Julie