Enjoying your Biking Across America Adventures

Enjoying your Biking Across America Adventures

Christy
Christy

December 23rd, 2009, 3:52 pm #1

Steve,

I stumbled across your website today and read some entries regarding your adventures biking across America. I loved reading about your stops in Haskell, TX and Graham, TX. I grew up in Haskell, TX. My father, grandfather & great-grandfather are/were doctors for that town & county. In fact, by 2014, there will have been a doctor in my family serving Haskell County for 100 years. I no longer live in Haskell, but love that sweet town, even as it slowly dwindles in size. I am so glad you were met with friendliness and enjoyed your stay there. Haskell is full of friendly people. I enjoyed reading your perspective on the town and its locals. I also am very familiar with Graham, TX. I lived there for four years after I got married. You are right, Vetoni's Italian restaurant is one of my favorite places for italian food! We no longer live in Graham and I still miss that place! Thanks for sharing! It has been very enjoyable to read!

-Christy Biebighauser

Diane Isbell
Diane Isbell

January 4th, 2010, 8:18 pm #2

I also stumbled across your Bike Across America story while searching for some information on Haskell. We live just west of Fort Worth but have a small place in Haskell with a few longhorns. I love that town and your pictures are just terrific. We pass through Throckmorton, Graham, and Jacksboro every weekend on our way there so I really enjoyed your pictures and stories from there too. I'm looking forward to reading about the rest of your trip. Great journaling!!

-Diane Isbell

January 23rd, 2010, 4:17 pm #3

... When you drive on Highway 380 in west and central Texas, THINK OF ME! Ha ha.

-Steve
www.ColoradoGuy.com