Ex Cadre Post

Ex Cadre Post

Nikil N V
Nikil N V

July 31st, 2012, 3:35 pm #1

There is a notification calling for the post of Sr Advertising Inspector which is an Ex cadre post and kindly guide me regarding the rules govering ex cadre post and will I be permenently absorbed to the said post.

Nikhil

Venkataraman
Venkataraman

August 1st, 2012, 2:17 am #2

Dear Sir,

At the very outset, ex.cadre means a post which is operated away from a particular cadre. Normally, for ex.cadre posts, all eligible employees can apply and the ex.cadre posts will have a fixed tenure, which is the distinguishing feature of ex.cadre post when compared to a cadre post. With this preamble, now we can come to the issue on hand.

In my view, Advertisement Inspector (operated in the Publicity wing of Commercial Branch) is the feeder cadre for the posts of Senior Advertisement Inspector, from which one can further move to gazetted cadre i.e PRO. Therefore, in my considered view the post of Sr Advt Inspector cannot be an ex.cadre post.

n.ramaswami
n.ramaswami

August 1st, 2012, 12:50 pm #3

i dont know from which railway the particular question has been raised. yes you are right,mr.venkatraman, normally the post of advertising inspector,public relations inspector, publicity inspector, journalist, photographers are all from the p.r. department and are cadre posts with an avenue of promotion. it is not know if that railway has created a tenure post for a certain tenure or period for some particular purpose. but, generally even in construction such posts are not created as tenure posts.

nikhil N V
nikhil N V

August 2nd, 2012, 9:50 am #4

Dear Sir,

Thanks for your reply.I am from Southern Railway and and the vaccancy mentioned is in the CCM/O/SR and this particular notification they have given the name of the post as Sr Advertising Inspector with GP 4200 for a tenure of 4 years.I am presently working at ERN/PO as Sr CC with GP 2800 and will it be benifical for me by moving in to this new designation and the prospectus for future promotion.Kindly advice.

Sincerly,

Nikhil N V

n.ramaswami
n.ramaswami

August 2nd, 2012, 3:40 pm #5

yes, i had indicated it must be a tenure post and it is for a tenure of four years and eventually they may extend the tenure from time to time. once the tenure is over you can return to your cadre post and in case if any promotion is due to you in your cadre post during that period, you would automatically get that when you return. just go ahead, prepare and get selected and do justice to your job on the southern railway since advertisements about the railway is not given prominence and only others get benefit of writing whatever they want mostly bad things (which are considerably true)which go unrebutted!!!!!!!

D.K.Mukherjee
D.K.Mukherjee

August 2nd, 2012, 4:35 pm #6

There is a notification calling for the post of Sr Advertising Inspector which is an Ex cadre post and kindly guide me regarding the rules govering ex cadre post and will I be permenently absorbed to the said post.

Nikhil
In 1989 the Rly.Bd. decided that the commercial publicity wing should be delinked from P.R.Deptt: and should be tagged with the Commercial Deptt: With that view the P.R. Deptt: of different Rlys released proportionate posts of Inspectors to the Comml: Deptt:. Advertising Inspector is one of the same and was initially created as Ex.cadre posts with a specific tenure, period of which varried in different Rlys. Incumbents are drawn from ministerial and field unit cadre but from same scale of pay although their suitability is adjudged through a constituted selection committee. But the tenure of the posts is not strictly maintained and the incumbent continued to work for several years. Now some railways have converted the posts to permanent one regularising the ex-cadre incumbent. For example S.E.C.Rly. has converted the said post in 2008. In S.E.Rly.in the year 2010, P.R.Deptt: specifically released two posts from regular cadre to facilitate the Divisions to post the ex-cadre incumbent against regular post and merge the same in the Inspector cadre with AVC as provided for the Comml: Inspector.

nikil nv
nikil nv

August 3rd, 2012, 10:12 am #7

yes, i had indicated it must be a tenure post and it is for a tenure of four years and eventually they may extend the tenure from time to time. once the tenure is over you can return to your cadre post and in case if any promotion is due to you in your cadre post during that period, you would automatically get that when you return. just go ahead, prepare and get selected and do justice to your job on the southern railway since advertisements about the railway is not given prominence and only others get benefit of writing whatever they want mostly bad things (which are considerably true)which go unrebutted!!!!!!!
Dear Sir,

Is there any possibility of absorbing permenantly to the said post and if the same is contemplated will the incumbent in the post will automatically gets eligible for the same.Kindly clarify.

Nikil

n.ramaswami irps retd.
n.ramaswami irps retd.

August 3rd, 2012, 12:25 pm #8

In 1989 the Rly.Bd. decided that the commercial publicity wing should be delinked from P.R.Deptt: and should be tagged with the Commercial Deptt: With that view the P.R. Deptt: of different Rlys released proportionate posts of Inspectors to the Comml: Deptt:. Advertising Inspector is one of the same and was initially created as Ex.cadre posts with a specific tenure, period of which varried in different Rlys. Incumbents are drawn from ministerial and field unit cadre but from same scale of pay although their suitability is adjudged through a constituted selection committee. But the tenure of the posts is not strictly maintained and the incumbent continued to work for several years. Now some railways have converted the posts to permanent one regularising the ex-cadre incumbent. For example S.E.C.Rly. has converted the said post in 2008. In S.E.Rly.in the year 2010, P.R.Deptt: specifically released two posts from regular cadre to facilitate the Divisions to post the ex-cadre incumbent against regular post and merge the same in the Inspector cadre with AVC as provided for the Comml: Inspector.
i remember i was working in the s. railway as dy.cpo and even looked after the duties of cpog for sometime in 1989 but i dont remember to have seen such an order but vaguely remember the wing to have been under the g.mgt. though the cpro was generally an irts person while the others like pro,journalist were all in their own cadre of public relations department seeking promotion in their own avenue. i think similar was the situation on the s.c. railway also where i worked as dy.cpo or sr.dpo etc.

NamelessFaceless
NamelessFaceless

August 3rd, 2012, 12:26 pm #9

Dear Sir,

Is there any possibility of absorbing permenantly to the said post and if the same is contemplated will the incumbent in the post will automatically gets eligible for the same.Kindly clarify.

Nikil
if it is a tenure post, the tenure may be extended and not absorbed as a permanent one.