- 1. Be respectful to everyone. See more under Conduct.
2. Be realistic. Agumon may breath fire but nobody has ever seen him fly without card aid. Picollomon isn't likely able to carry a fully grown man either.
3. No godmodding.
4. Try to be accurate with your bits and DEP as much as possible; add them to your profile immediately to keep track.
5. Post in paragraph form and try to use proper grammar. No chatspeak is allowed in character. Always use third person(he, she, them, they...) when rping.
6. Members are allowed one account per IP Address. Should a second one be needed, they must talk to an Admin and explain their situation.
7. Character deaths are allowed on site. Please make sure to gain the consent of the member before killing off anyone else's character. Also be sure to be prepared for the things that may arise as a result of killing off your own character.
8. Xros Wars Digimon can be used, but they will function as a single Digimon, and evolve the usual way. You may choose the line, but make it reasonable. Evolutions should be kept logical and bear physical similarities to the Digimon before.
9. Have fun!</li>
- 1. If you have a problem with anyone, staff members included, you are greatly urged to talk to them in private about the issue, whether it be through PMs or an Instant Messenger. Arguments in the public forum give possible new members a bad impression of the site.
2. Be encouraging to each other; constructive criticism is greatly welcome at DigiD as long as its worded in a way that isn't hurtful. Members are urged to take criticism with a thick skin. Destructive criticism or antagonizing each other is not the same as being constructively critical. Respect everyone.
3. Digital Dreams is here for fun and relaxation and everyone is entitled to that right. If someone is making your experience unfun and normal means of handling it yourself are not working, contact a staff member immediately; they will work to help you out.</li>
Liquid Time simply means that characters can be in more than one place at one time. Digital Dreams does allow this to a point. Characters can be in up to six threads at a time. They're divided up into the categories on the board. In other words, characters can be in two threads at the OOC boards(training fields), two at the Digital City(Apartments, Mall, etc), and two in the Digital World(Plains, Jungles, etc).
We limit the liquid time for a very specific reason; we have a reward system(the DEP and Bits). The way the system is meant to work is it rewards members for putting forth a good effort on their characters and their writing; we want to foster a good writing environment by helping our members become the best writers they can be while still having fun. If we allowed members to have as many threads as they liked, however, some would take advantage of this and make as many threads as possible without actually putting any work into it. While they'd get less DEP per thread, they would have say... twenty of them. Which isn't really fair to the few members who are taking their time with their characters. This is why we limit the liquid time.
Types of Adventures
There are three types of threads or adventures: Modded, Solo and Character Interaction.
Modded adventures are the most common on Digital Dreams and are also generally done out in the Digital World; they can happen in the Digital City, however. A Modded adventure is started by a member and then picked up by a staff, be it a Moderator or an Admin. From there, the staff member will guide the member's character through an adventure or storyline using NPCs and events. The thread is a mutual exchange between the staffer and the member; the member is free to talk to the staff member about the adventure and ask questions. Likewise, they are also free to just give the mod free reign to just make up a fantastic story and surprise them. More than one character can be involved in a modded adventure.
At the end of the thread, the mod will come in and give out rewards dependent on the member's involvement in the thread. Should a member ever need a mod to pick up their thread, they can post it here
with a link to it and, if any, specifications on what you would like to happen.
Solo adventures are completely member controlled; there is no involvement from staff or even other members. It is exactly what it says on the tin. A solo adventure is where the member more or less writes the entire adventure out themselves, controlling the plot and the all the characters and NPCs involved. It is completely up to the member. Once they have finished writing their solo out, a staff member will come by, read it, and give them a grade/reward depending on the quality.
Character Interaction adventures and Modded adventures can be the same thing but don't necessarily have
to be. The primary difference between Character Interaction threads and Modded threads is that they are more turned toward developing relationships between characters and character development. They aren't likely to gain much in reward since the primary reward should be gaining your character a friend(or an enemy) and some roundedness. Generally Character Interaction threads have more than one member played character participating and they most often happen in the Digital City. If you are looking for someone to perform a specific role in your character's story, you have two places you can place a wanted ad up. Either at the Challenge Board
or at the Member Plotting
Sub board; at the latter you can even make a fancy plotting thread to allow for multiple people to come in and brain storm with you. (Wo rd o ne: Gabumon's). Or if you prefer, you can brainstorm over AIM or via PM; there are several options for this kind of thread.