Time to Make It
Lasagna Stuffed Chicken is all the flavors you love from lasagna stuffed inside a chicken breast and it's smothered in cheesy, saucy goodness. What's not to love?
Author: Rachel Farnsworth
Yield: Serves 2 to 4
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 3 teaspoons Italian seasoning, divided
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella, divided
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- Additional Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Butterfly chicken breasts and place into a lightly greased baking dish.
- In a small mixing bowl, stir together ricotta cheese, egg, 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning, garlic, salt, and 1 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Spoon about ¼ cup of sauce onto one half of each chicken breast. Spread ricotta mixture on top of the sauce and fold chicken breasts over to close.
- Drizzle remaining marinara sauce over chicken. Top with remaining mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle with remaining Italian seasoning and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake in a 400 degree oven for 25-30 minutes, until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.