June

Our little daily messages but you must use a word from the post ahead of you

May 14th, 2018, 8:27 pm #981

That's exactly what they are doing for him in the ICU at the hospital Bren.  Jean told DH today that they are keeping him comfortable.  His kidneys are shutting down and they tried dialysis but his blood pressure couldn't take it.  It's funny that you and Suzi are getting your summer clothes out.  Around here we wear the same stuff year round.  Nothing to put away except hang up a sweater!

Suzi, sometimes it seems that the doctor's visits never end.  There will be several more once he has the cataract surgery.  

bren
Site Admin
bren
Site Admin

May 15th, 2018, 2:18 am #982

You must be so tired of Dr. visits Suzi, you will be glad when DH has had his cataract op.  Slowing down on your clearing out is not so bad, the way you are going at it you will be lucky to have anything left lol.

I thought that was what they would do Lisa, as long as he isn't in pain.  It is nice to wear summer clothes again, instead of piles of sweaters lol.  I'm sure Suzi feels the same way.

May 15th, 2018, 4:16 pm #983

We're not really Dr. people, so it really stinks to have all these appointments 🙄  I'm glad they are keeping him comfortable Lisa.

I'm not real concerned about the slowing on going through things, it's been here a long time and it won't get done very quick either Bren 🤓

The difference between me and Bren is I don't own any sweaters and it's a matter of putting away my pants and getting out the capri's 😅  I wear my clothes year round too except my sandals and I'm one happy girl to be wearing them again  😊 I wear short sleeveless dresses around the house when I'm working and only put on "real" clothes when I leave the house or am expecting someone over 🙃

May 15th, 2018, 8:25 pm #984

I bet the summer clothes are a nice change for you Bren.  It's funny how we are so opposite in that.  Here everyone looks forward to wearing their sweaters and winter clothes for a change!

Suzi, I am the same way.  I just wear "real" clothes around here and don't really dress nicely unless I have somewhere to go.  I stay comfortable while staying at home.  I go barefooted most of the year while at home also.  Glad to hear you say you're not worried about slowing down.  Like Bren said, the way you go you won't have anything left to go through lol

bren
Site Admin
bren
Site Admin

May 16th, 2018, 3:51 am #985

I also wear comfortable clothes around the house and back yard Suzi, dress up time is for going out or having visitors.

I'm happy to go barefoot in the house Lisa but wear flip flops outside, you never know what you might step on lol.

I've been tidying up the yard, picking up twigs etc. scattered around and my incinerator is getting quite full, I didn't think there was that much.

May 16th, 2018, 7:18 pm #986

I'm happy to hear that I'm not the only one that just wants to be comfortable around the house 😊  Life's too short to be uncomfortable 😎

Yes, I always make sure to wear shoes outside in my "older age" 😉  I was horrible as a child about stepping on bees and I'm allergic to them 😵  We've been doing that too Bren!

I couldn't get on the forum all day until just a bit ago 🙄 So I'm late and in a hurry because I need to call my brother back (he needed more time) We pulled out the fridge and vacuumed the coils and cleaned it all up, let's see if that helps 🙄 I'm rather tired...

May 16th, 2018, 8:58 pm #987

Bren, if I were to step on a snake, that would be the end of me lol  It sounds as if you have been quite busy in the yard.  It's nice to get it cleaned up for the warmer weather.

Suzi, I can't imagine stepping on bees and then being allergic to them also.  I do wear shoes when outside also.  I hope cleaning the coils on your fridge helps it run better.

I got a new laptop back in December and I just took it out of the box tonight.  I have to figure out how to get all of my old emails over to the new computer.  They are on Windows Live Mail which is no longer available for download.  I did manage to get my account onto the new laptop but the older emails aren't showing up.  I still have to import all of my documents, etc.  Too much to think about lol

We had reservations to go camping over at Disney on Friday for my birthday but had to cancel them due to all of the rain we have been having since Sunday and it's supposed to pour down rain for the next 5 days.  Now they don't have any campsites available all summer.   Also it looks as if they may be taking DH's brother-n-law off of life support on Saturday so we will be going to NC for the funeral sometime soon.

bren
Site Admin
bren
Site Admin

May 17th, 2018, 2:35 am #988

I hope the fridge runs better now you have cleaned the coils Suzi, it is well worth trying.  I'm not surprised you are rather tired.  Glad to hear you wear shoes outdoors, rather be safe than sorry.

Sorry you are unable to camp at Disney for your birthday Lisa, it sounds odd to hear of all the rain you have been having you are usually gasping for it.  Hope you manage to sort everything on to your laptop.  Sorry to hear they may be taking DH's brother-in-law off life support, he must be failing quickly.

Got some weeds to zap today, I wish flowers and veg would grow as well as they do.

May 17th, 2018, 5:08 pm #989

As I've said before, I have never had a love of shoes in my entire life 😏  When I was a kid, I would come in for the night and my feet would be black 😅  I'm sorry you had to cancel your camping Lisa, I hope you have a nice birthday tomorrow anyway 🎂   I saw that y'all were going to be getting a lot of rain. It's too bad about DH's brother in law 🙁

Now I have to worry about fire ants too Bren... I don't react well with them. 🐜 I get bit and my feet swell so much I can't get shoes on, so I act like a grown up now and wear shoes outside 😏 I'm like you, I wish the stuff I wanted to grow would grow like the weeds!

So far we haven't had as much water leaking, so I hope that was the biggest part of them problem 😊 We went grocery shopping, so I'm tired... Good news is I don't have to wake my brother for the next two days 😌 I can't believe how much gasoline is going up so quickly 😲 I hope you both have a great weekend!

May 17th, 2018, 8:29 pm #990

You're right Bren.  We have been needing rain for so long and now it won't stop.  The yards are so dry though that it's soaking the rain up and no flooding yet.  I'm sure the weeds are going to love it.  I too wish the nice things would grow like the weeds do.

Suzi, the fire ants here in FL are awful.  They hide under mulch and everywhere else.  We have a service that comes every 3 months and he rides a 4wheeler and treats the yard for fire ants.  We haven't seen any ants around here in a couple of years.  They only charge $100 for treating our acre.  Maybe someone in your area does the same thing.  They are nasty little insects.  Enjoy your time off from calling your brother.  So glad you haven't seen any leaking from the fridge.  Hopefully you fixed it.

Thanks for the birthday wishes.  My neighbors are taking me out for lunch tomorrow and then tomorrow night our family (15 of us) are going to a steakhouse for dinner.