9:38 PM - Oct 08, 2018 #1411

Beth will be so happy when she gets her new laptop for Christmas and have her savings on top of it.  It's nice also that Bruce will get it at a good price.  Kristin and her little girl should be at Gary and Terry's now.  She was flying in from Germany tonight.  I know they were excited to see them.  Kristin's DH will be joining them here but not until January.  He isn't getting out of the Army until then but Kristin got a job here and had to start next week.

Suzi, I'm glad you were able to find D some long sleeved shirts.  Those teenagers seem to grow out of their clothes so quickly as they are growing so fast.  Let's hope DS doesn't end up having to pay rent and his mortgage payment.  I know that Chad and Amy got into that when they bought their last house as they hadn't sold the house they moved out of.  Thanks goodness they only had to do that for 2 months.  That could've really cut into the budget.  I'm happy to hear that Meggie is doing so well.

Casey, Chris, Madison, DH and myself met Amy and the kids over at a pumpkin patch tonight and then to Chad and Amy's for dinner.  They had a lot of fun but it's 10:30 and we just got home after leaving our house at 2:30 this afternoon.

bren
Site Admin
bren
Site Admin

5:32 AM - Oct 09, 2018 #1412

Glad you were able to find Dumonee some shirts Suzi, they sure do grow so fast.  I hope they find somewhere to rent quickly once they sell the house, I guess Dustin is having a little look around just in case.  I'm sure you will have a great party for Alex's birthday.  It's good to hear that Meggie is doing so well and is back at work.

Sounds like you had a busy time Lisa, it sure sounds as if everyone had fun.  I imagine Kristen and her little girl are tired after their long flight, but it sounds as if they are very excited to be home.

Sharon has been doing well with her water therapy and now wants to go swimming twice a week and is trying hard to get both her sister and myself to go with her.  She has persuaded us to take it in turns for now lol.

5:33 PM - Oct 09, 2018 #1413

So far it's looking good for the sale of the house (crossed fingers) 🙃 His realtor has 3 or 4 places lined up for him in D's school area. I bet you're a little worn out Lisa 😴 I bet Gary and Terry are excited!

I'm still trying to find out what DIL is planning for Alex's birthday party Saturday. I told son to ask her to get in touch so I know what needs done. 🤔 It sounds like you will be getting some swimming in Bren 😉

I'm glad that Meggie is doing well too 😊  I'm glad I found at least 3 shirts for him, hopefully dad will get him some more 😉 They did the inspection on the house today and put down earnest money, so it's looking good! If everything goes well, they want to close on the 30th 😮 Need I say that my head is still spinning? 😵 I'm taking one day at a time and looking forward to a birthday this weekend and D spending the week. I'll take it from there later... To top everything off, we were without electricity for an hour or more while I was doing forum 😠

9:37 PM - Oct 09, 2018 #1414

Sounds like you may be a mermaid soon Bren.  It's nice to take turns going with her.  She's lucky to have you as a friend.

Suzi,  I know you are really looking forward to being able to see the boys so often.  I'm glad the realtor has found some places for him to check out.  I bet your head is spinning.

That's a nasty looking hurricane that's going to hit the panhandle of Florida early on Thursday.  Casey, Chris and Madison along with one of her best friends and her family are leaving really early on Thursday for a cabin in the mountains up in N. Georgia.  I'm just hoping that they don't get into any residual weather from the hurricane. They will be traveling right after the hurricane hits.  Even if they don't have to travel in the bad weather, they will probably be in a lot of highway traffic from people that were evacuated trying to get back home.

bren
Site Admin
bren
Site Admin

5:20 AM - Oct 10, 2018 #1415

It's good to hear that Dustin's realtor has found some places near Dumonee's school to check out Suzi, sounds like he will have sold the house by the end of the month.  I bet you are looking forward to Dumonee spending the week with you.  I hate it when I lose electricity for a while, it's not too bad if it's for a short while but once the food in the freezer starts to defrost it can get expensive.

That hurricane sounds bad Lisa.  I hope the family and friends don't get caught up in any of the bad weather, or heavy traffic.  I hope it doesn't start to head your way.

I'm half expecting to meet Miranda or Mobi when I go swimming lol.

4:50 PM - Oct 10, 2018 #1416

Yes, it's kind of ironic that I'm seeing more of the boys Lisa...🤔 I'm ready for my head to quit spinning.😵 I know the hurricane has gone inland now, I hope everything will be out of their way when the head out  🙄

I'm hoping that everything goes well and they can get resettled in their new place soon Bren.🤔 The dog drove me crazy with the thunder yesterday (he's terrified of thunder) Then it scared him when we lost electricity 🙄 If you meet Miranda or Mobi, tell them I said Hi 😅

We had to run to a  couple of stores today. We went to Sam's to get paper products and then to Dollar Tree for a few things. I got a Happy Birthday banner to put up for Alex's birthday and found some really cool Star Wars toys that I couldn't believe they had for a dollar 😍 Tomorrow will be grocery shopping and it will be more than usual with D being here for a week 😉 I know tacos will be on the menu 😅

8:24 PM - Oct 10, 2018 #1417

Yes Bren, be sure to tell Mobi and Miranda hello :)  How are the temperatures over there right now?  Is it still starting to cool off?

Suzi, my brother's golden retriever is also terrified of storms.  They make a thunder jacket you can put on dogs that is supposed to calm them down.  My neighbor and brother swear by them.  I have also heard that it's the static in the air that freaks them out and you can take a dryer sheet and rub their fur down with that to help the static electricity that they feel.  Might be worth a shot in case you have another thunder storm.  Dumonee will be in hog heaven with you making his favorite tacos for him.  Sounds as if the shopping queen struck once again!

The hurricane really tore up the panhandle area.  Hopefully Casey and them won't run into any bad traffic from it or bad weather.

bren
Site Admin
bren
Site Admin

2:59 AM - Oct 11, 2018 #1418

I've heard about dryer sheets as well Suzi, lots of people say they work.  We had a dog that would let us know when thunder was on its way,  she would go and hide in the cupboard under the stairs.  Sounds like you are having a busy time with the party coming up and Dumonee staying for a week.  It sounds like you had a real bargain with the Star Wars toys.

I'm glad the hurricane didn't reach you Lisa and I hope Casey and crew wont get any fall out from it.  The last two days have been lovely and warm, blue skies, the lot.  Today it is windy, cold and pouring with rain quite normal for us.

5:25 PM - Oct 11, 2018 #1419

I'll keep the dryer sheets in mind if we have more storms 🙂  I'm sure Dumonee will eat his fill of tacos again 😅 I hope Casey and all will have a safe trip and not have to deal with all that mess Lisa 🤔

Dumonee will be here either tomorrow night or Saturday depending on what time Alex's tournament is. I guess you at least had 2 nice days before the cold and rain came back Bren 🙂

Well, Alex's birthday is off, he got into more trouble at school. So I guess we won't see him this weekend. Oh well... I'm used to plans getting changed, aren't I 🤔  Went and got groceries today so we're ready in that area 😉 I'm just ready to have all this stress over and done with 😞

9:11 PM - Oct 11, 2018 #1420

Bren, it's amazing how animals can predict the weather.  Have the girls let you in on what you are doing this weekend?  Hopefully they can all make it and not have to work.  I know you think I'm crazy, but your weather sounds perfect to me!  I love a cold, rainy day.  I guess it's because we don't get too many of those.

Suzi, I'm sorry the birthday plans fell through and that you won't be seeing him this weekend.  Even though you are used to plans getting changed all the time, it must be disappointing.  I know you are so ready for the stress to be gone.  I'm glad you will get to spend some time with Dumonee.

They made it up to the mountains just fine.  They didn't even run into a drop of rain while traveling.  DH got his little finger stuck between a kitchen cabinet and the wall while trying to hang the cabinet and it ripped the skin off of his finger.  When he got home tonight, we took the bandage off and liked to have never got the bleeding stopped.  It was filling up towels as fast as we could change them.  He finally put some pressure on it and we re-applied the bandage and he kept it elevated and I think it has finally slowed down.  What a mess!