bren
Site Admin
bren
Site Admin

September 12th, 2018, 3:32 am #1331

I have bought compatible cartridges in the past Suzi and they seem to work just fine but if I can get the genuine cartridges cheap, then obviously I go for them.  Good to hear that your other son has had his offer accepted on a house.  Is Fort Worth very far away from you? I shall go check out your challenges in a moment.

How is the cat getting on Lisa, is she still eating well?

Sharon has to go to therapy today and asked me if I would go with her as her sister can't make it.  She enjoys going but still is a bit wary of driving herself.

September 12th, 2018, 3:54 pm #1332

It seems everything is going at light speed and keeping my head spinning  😵 Son (with Jr) will be moving in December.

I agree with the ink cartridges Bren 😉  Fort worth is about 40 miles from us. That's nice of you to go with Sharon to therapy 😊

I cleaned out 1 drawer in the kitchen today and it's totally clean now. I also cleaned out 1/2 of the hall closet and got a few things together for Make a Wish when they get here. I think they're coming in a week or so, so I need to get busy 😱

September 12th, 2018, 8:43 pm #1333

That was nice to drive to therapy with Sharon.  I'm sure she enjoys the company on the trip.  The cat still seems to be better since they gave her the fluids.  She is a lot more interested in eating than she has been being and she is eating better.

Suzi, it sounds like you got quite a bit accomplished on your drawer and closet.  I'm sure you will have a nice pile for Make a Wish before next week.

bren
Site Admin
bren
Site Admin

September 13th, 2018, 1:47 am #1334

40 miles isn't too bad Suzi, at least they didn't move to a different state.  Sounds like you will be busy sorting things out for Make A Wish, you must be their favorite person to collect from.as you always manage to find something for them.

I'm glad to hear the cat is still doing well Lisa, that trip to the vet sure did her good.  I hope you ladies are well out of the path of that hurricane, it sure sounds like a nasty one.

There is a small seating area with a coffee machine overlooking the pool so you can watch while you wait.  They all seemed to be enjoying themselves and it sure looked more like fun than anything else.  No wonder Sharon now enjoys going and it does seem to be doing her good.

September 13th, 2018, 4:44 pm #1335

It's time for me to get back to getting rid of stuff and I'm really not in the mood, but I'll do it anyway 🙄

It's not terrible Bren, but once again, it's busy traffic there and back 😞  It's nice that she can have therapy that she enjoys 😊 We are no ways near the hurricane, but there's one threatening the gulf, so we could get some of that...

Did grocery shopping today... enough said. The good thing is, I get the weekend off from calling my brother 😊 Maybe I can get some work done, but I'm on the phone more than usual lately....

September 13th, 2018, 8:40 pm #1336

Bren, the hurricane is hitting land way north of us.  We aren't even getting any rain.  As a matter of fact, the storm is pulling the moisture away from us. The therapy place sounds real nice and I'm glad it's doing Sharon some good.

Suzi, like you say, 40 miles isn't that bad but when you consider the heavy traffic it can take a while to get there.  Hopefully the storm in the gulf won't be too bad for you.  The people in the Carolina's are really getting it right now.  Good deal on getting the weekend off from calling Mike.

I have my dentist appointment tomorrow.....yuck!

bren
Site Admin
bren
Site Admin

September 14th, 2018, 2:17 am #1337

I hope the storm in the gulf won't hit too hard Suzi, I'm glad the big hurricane is missing you and Lisa.  Heavy traffic always slows everyone down, I often wish we could have transporters like Star Ship Enterprise lol.  Nice to have the weekend off from phoning your brother although it sounds as if your phone is busy right now.

I don't envy you going to the dentist Lisa I hope he didn't find any work to do.

Beth is working tomorrow so it will only be Ellen and myself to go out.  She has suggested we go to the Causeway near Bristol, it is a huge shopping outlet so I guess she has some items in mind.

September 14th, 2018, 3:49 pm #1338

I feel for those people on the East coast...😕 I plan on enjoying my time off from calling and having a few evenings free 😊  I hope your dentist appointment went okay Lisa.

I don't like traffic 😖  Dumonee and I used to say we wished we could transport to each other 🙂 Yes my phone will be busier for a while, but that's okay...  I hope you and Ellen enjoy your shopping and find some bargains 😉

I did an inventory on the gifts I have bought (I haven't got it done yet) to see what I still have to buy Alex for his birthday next month. I washed a load of clothes, but had to bring them in early because of rain. I just hung them up on hangers on the shower curtains 😉  I've got some ribs in the crock pot for dinner and I talked to Dustin for a bit today.

September 14th, 2018, 10:06 pm #1339

Bren, I hope you girls have a successful shopping trip.  Wouldn't transporters be great!  I do not like heavy traffic.  When we go over to Orlando, sometimes we sit through three stop lights before we get to go.

Suzi, You are so smart to pick up gifts during the year.  I'm sure you will have a load full for Alex's birthday by next month.  Luke's birthday is next month also.  He was born on my dad's birthday.

Well, the dentist called my cell phone at 7:55 this morning to say that their hygienist was sick and they postponed my appointment all the way out to October 22nd.  I then had to call my periodontist and re-schedule them until January.  On one hand I was glad they canceled today's appointment but on the other hand I wish it was behind me.  

Not doing much tomorrow but on Sunday Casey, Chris, Madison, Mom,  DH and myself are going over to Chad and Amy's to see Caitlin get baptized.  We have to be at their church at 9:00 so that means we have to get up at 5:30, pick my mom up by 7:00 and to the church by 9:00.  I am not an early morning person, so I will probably sleep until we get there :)  Amy and Chad are making lunch for us plus her mother and possibly a cousin and her family that fled from the hurricane.  They live in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.

bren
Site Admin
bren
Site Admin

September 15th, 2018, 2:51 am #1340

I don't like heavy traffic either Suzi so always try to travel when rush hour is over.  It's definitely no fun when people are trying to get to or get from work.  I tend to do that with my laundry if I have had to bring it in early, it usually doesn't take too long to dry.

Talk about prolonging the agony Lisa, you have got all psyched up to go to the dentist and now you have to wait another month.  It sounds as if Sunday will be a good day I hope you enjoy the baptism and family get together.

We shall be off soon and apparently Ellen has a shopping list from Beth lol.