August 8th, 2018, 9:38 pm #1231

We could use free dental treatments here Bren.  Does that include bridges, etc.?  Casey and Madison's appointments yesterday was $400 because they were new patients with them and they had to get xrays.  Next time it will be $117 for Madison and I think she said $140 for hers.

Good deals again Suzi!  I did order some stocking stuffers from Bath and Body works the other day, but that's about it for Christmas so far.  I have to get over Madison's party and her gift and then I will concentrate more on Christmas.  Madison just loved her first day of school today.  I was glad to hear that.  She is so attached to Casey, I was afraid she would be sad to have to go but there are 7 kids in her class that she already knows from the past 2 years.

I get my hair cut, colored and highlighted tomorrow.  I need it badly.  My grey roots are showing.

bren
Site Admin
bren
Site Admin

August 9th, 2018, 1:22 am #1232

I meant one dental treatment Suzi, if you have to go back several times it all comes under the one heading.  If you have to get bridge work done or have dentures you have to pay 25% of the cost.  You should get a badge for your bargain hunting you sure manage to find some good ones.

I'm glad Madison enjoyed going back to school Lisa, it's always good when they have kids in their class that they know well.  Enjoy your visit to the hairdresser.

The weather has cooled down a little and is a lot more comfortable, it's nice to be able to sleep better at night.

August 9th, 2018, 4:06 pm #1233

It's great that Madison loved her first day of school Lisa 😊  I know even when you're grandparents you worry about these things 🤔 I gave up on coloring my hair, it's been 2 years now since I had it done...  I'm not really looking for gifts, just if I see something I can't pass up that someone would love 🙃

Oh okay, I understand about the dental Bren 😉  Since I don't shop near as much as I used to, I get excited when I find bargains 🤗 Good to hear that your weather has cooled down!

I did a few little jobs (I have a "little jobs" list now) 🙃 I also finished my challenges early like Bren 😎 A storm just popped up and the wind was blowing something awful 😨 There are limbs in the street and other stuff blown around. At least we FINALLY got some rain 😍 It was more like a hurricane, but hey, I'll take it! 😅

August 9th, 2018, 8:44 pm #1234

Paying 25% is a great deal Bren.  I pay a payment to the dental insurance every 3 months.  If you need a bridge, etc. the insurance pays half and you pay half.  They have a limit on what they pay out each year.

Suzi, I guess if you have to have a storm to get rain, it's worth it.  The same thing happened here early this evening.  Madison and Casey came over for a couple of hours after school and of course Madison wanted to swim.  The pool was pristine but after the wind came it was full of pine needles and small flowers from the palms.  Made a mess.  Like you had, the winds were really blowing hard.

bren
Site Admin
bren
Site Admin

August 10th, 2018, 2:12 am #1235

Sounds like you had some real windy and wet weather Suzi, but the rain is sure needed everywhere at the moment.  I shall check out your challenges soon.  It's much better to do 'little jobs'  it all adds up and it doesn't tire you out so much.

I guess you have to clear your pool Lisa, that's the one advantage of an indoor pool I guess, you can swim in all weathers.

It is pouring with rain here today, the only advantage being that I don't have to water the plants lol.

August 10th, 2018, 4:11 pm #1236

We ended up having several storms yesterday 🤔  It was pretty bad for a while 😯 (yes, we got plenty of rain)  Like you, we had stuff all over the neighborhood once it passed!

I agree Bren, I've made a list and I just decide what I want to do and go from there 🙂  It's nice when you don't have to water the plants!

Dustin got the results back from DH's DNA test and now we're just waiting for him to look into the results and tell us about them. It would be really interesting if at some point it was matched up and DH found out who his father is 🤔 It's a long shot, but maybe he can find some people that are related at least. He called and told me that DH was his dad (according to the DNA) and I laughed and told him I could have told him that (he thought that was funny) 😅

August 10th, 2018, 9:11 pm #1237

Bren, I love it when mother nature waters the plants instead of having to drag out the hose and do it!  We haven't had much rain except a few sprinkles here and there even with the storms all around us.  I am having to drag to hose all over the back to water the potted plants!  What are your plans for the weekend?

Suzi, that would be great if DH could find some relatives.  I love your reply to him about DH being his dad!  

I have been working on Madison's party things.  We have a hanging light over the kitchen sink and I looked up and it was coming down from the ceiling.  DH started working on it and you should see my kitchen!  He has a ladder going over the sink counter and towels on the counter and sinks and tools everywhere.  What a mess plus I can't use the sink right now so there are dirty dishes on my stove that I have to take into the laundry room sink to rinse.  Hopefully he can get it fixed tomorrow.  I swear he went to the hardware store about 5 times today looking for what he needed.

bren
Site Admin
bren
Site Admin

August 11th, 2018, 1:59 am #1238

It would be great for DH to find some relatives Suzi,  I also love your reply to Dustin.  Good idea to make a list you can tick things off when they get done and you don't even have to stick to the order in which you wrote them down.

Sounds like your kitchen looks more like a war zone Lisa, I bet he finds all the stuff he needed once he finishes the job.

Glen and family came down to visit yesterday and Seren decided to stay with me for a few days so Beth has company today.  Going to a car boot sale this morning we have quite a lot of things we hope to sell, I hope the girls don't buy as much as we manage to sell and we go back home with a full car lol

August 11th, 2018, 4:04 pm #1239

Isn't it amazing how one small job turns into a fiasco Lisa? That happens to us all the time 🤔  How are the party things going?  It should be interesting what we eventually find on Ancestry.com 🤔

I'm loving the short lists Bren... not so overwhelming 😊  It's nice that you had visitors and I hope you have good luck at the car boot sales! Let us know if you ended up with a full car coming home 😅

Dustin had a good laugh with my response 😅 He sent me copies of his and DH's DNA to compare this morning. It looks like he has a lot of me in him 🙃 I got a few of my small jobs off my list, so I'm good 🙂 I like having the jobs listed so I can choose what I'm in the mood to do, unless it's something important 😉

August 11th, 2018, 8:40 pm #1240

How did the car sale go Bren?  Did the girls find some things to bring back?  I bet Beth enjoyed having Seren along.  

I agree with you Suzi about being able to do what you're in the mood for.  I tend to make my lists and then feel like I have to get done what on it.  Sometimes I drive myself crazy following it!  Casey and I shopped from noon until almost 7:00 tonight only stopping for some lunch.  We ran into Terry and Lindsay in a town north of us but they had eaten a late breakfast out and didn't come to lunch with us.  We found everything on our list but didn't stop to buy some potting soil and seed packets that the kids at the party will be taking home in their goody bags.  Now just hope everything I ordered from Amazon makes it here in time.  My feet are killing me 😀