Fight Reviews and Opinions about upcoming fights

YOLANDE vs ENZA - Middleweights - 05/05/2018

Griffy
Advanced Member
Griffy
Advanced Member

May 6 2018, 03:05 #1

STYLISH ELEGANCE

When International Glamboxing and  Elegance Promotions team up to present a boxing extravaganza they do it will class and style.  At this pre-fight weigh-in one of the major sponsors of the event, Versace Fashions add yet another dimension to the exciting sport of women's boxing with a display of their latest fashions for women.  Enza Marzilli and her opponent Yolande Leroux both dazzled the audience with dresses they selected from the Versace collection.  They both looked gorgeous.  Now they are wearing the boxing attire especially designed for tomorrow night's middleweight match-up.  After completing their official weigh-in as required for such events they will address the fans and media for a pre-fight interview to be moderated by the former glamboxer Livia Fabrizi the owner of "Elegance Promotions".

Take it away, Livia: 
 LIVIA FABRIZI:  Thank you.  Ladies and gentlemen I bid you wlecome to the official weigh-in for the International Glamboxing League middleweight 50/50 Real Women of Boxing Program.  The official weights for each of the female participants has been announced.  Enza "La Prof" Marzilli weighed 66.7 kg.      Yolande "Madame Boxeuse" Leroux weighed 66.5 kg.   Yolande lives in Montreal, Canada and is making her first appearance in Italy.  Ms. Leroux one of the senior participants in the IGL how are you feeling?

YOLANDE LEROUX:  I feel great.  It has been a fabulous experience for me to visit the remarkable City of Rome the capital of Italy.  I've found the Italian citizens so gracious and hospitable.  I'm very much impressed by the number of Italian ladies who have expressed an interest in my experience in glamour boxing.  It seems to have even more fans than my hometown of Montreal who are great supporters of the sport.  I hope they don't become hostile when I defeat the professor , Ms. Marzilli.  

LIVIA:  Enza what do you see as the outcome of this bout against your Canadian foe?

ENZA MARZILLI:  Obviously I need to take this mistaken damsel to school and teach her the reality of challenging a former Italian and European champion.  As a visitor to our country I will do it in the nicest way possible.  I hold no ill-will against yollande but she can't go on accepting this fallacy as truth.  This time I won't be accused of picking on someone much younger than myself.  

LIVIA :  Versace has designed some new boxing attire for the fight tomorrow.  I see you are modeling those new togs right now.  Does that mean you like them?

YOLANDE:   I sure do.  It isn't just these boxing costumes that they provided.  They also let us pick out and wear one of their beautiful dresses.  I modeled one one that I wore for the promotional poster and it was super.  This company has suitable dress styles for every size and taste.  It isn't easy to women to find clothing like that in today's market.

ENZA: I'll second that opinion.  I think the fans who come to the fight tomorrow night are going to be most pleased with the ring outfits they have made for each of us.  They get to see nifty fashion plus what I predict will be a fabulous boxing match.  I'm looking forward to facing off against Yolande.

LIVIA:  What do you think of my idea for the event title, 50/50 The Real Women of Boxing?

ENZA:  It is a terrific idea.  For too long the emphasis in women's sports as been focused on youthfulness.  Obviously women of all ages can participate in the IGL but I think tomorrow night the boxing audience will realize that 50-years of age doesn't mean you should sit home knitting or making treats for your grandchildren.  We are boxers who have prepared for our sport  with the same determination as a young 20-year old.  I think the maturity that comes with age is an advantage in the boxing ring.  We do it for empowerment and overall better health through the fitness required of boxers.  I'm doing stuff in my life that I never imagined I could do even in my 30's and 40's.  It is invigorating to just partake in the boxing training like running, rope jumping and sparring against another woman.  

YOLANDE: I have a bakery business in Montreal.  It wasn't until my niece introduced me to boxing that I ever realized just how much of life I was missing.  I feel fully alive, more adapt at running my business, staying attractive for my husband, meeting wonderful new friends like yourself.  Because of the IGL I've gotten the opportunity to travel abroad.  Something I've always dreamed about doing.  It is fun to compete in the IGL.  We aren't professional boxers, but we work hard to hone our boxing skills and provide a wholesome image of boxing.  It isn't the brutal sport that one might imagine.  It is a skill set that keeps you fit and vital.  

LIVIA:  It has been my pleasure to promote the sport of women's glamour boxing to a broad audience of spectators.  Getting to know and work with the two of you has been an awesome experience and I'm as excited about tomorrow night's fight as I used to be when I participated in the sport.  Good luck to each of you.  I'll be at ringside to enjoy the match and give my personal observations about what is happening in the ring.

ENZA:  Thank you for your hard work and interest Livia.  Good luck tomorrow night Yolande.  It should be a great boxing match.  

YOLANDE:  I'm sure it will be a most exciting rumble Enza. Thank you Livia for providing me this opportunity.  You have been a tremendous promoter so I hope to appear again in one of your presentations.   

Griffy
Advanced Member
Griffy
Advanced Member

May 23 2018, 01:21 #2

REAL WOMEN OF BOXING – 50/50

ENZA “LA PROF” MARZILLI – BONDENO, ITALY 

>>>>>>>>VERSUS <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

YOLANDE “MADAME BOXEUSE” LEROUX – MONTREAL, CANADA

Good evening boxing fans.  My name is Livia Fabrizi owner of “Elegance Promotions”.  I am at ringside reporting on this match between two of the real women of IGL boxing.  Both fighters were warmly welcomed to the ring by this fight-ready audience.  This should be a great match between two of the top middleweight contenders of the glamboxing league.  Even as the ladies continue to warm their muscles the fighters are introduced to the boxing patrons  The audience excitement intensifies.  They are ready to watch these winsome beauties show their stuff.   Enza “La Prof”  a resident of Bondeno with a boxing ledger of 15-fights,  the latest two fights  victories,  is presented first.  .  Next to be introduced is the Canadian Yolande Leroux who has a winning streak of three in a row hoping to continue that string in this her eleventh fight.    
          When they come to center ring for the referee’s instruction they seem focused and relaxed.  Both are attractively suited in custom made boxing apparel prepared by the Italian fashion company Versace a valued sponsor of this event.   After a respectful glove tap, the ladies return to their corner to await the bell for round one.

ROUND ONE 

Both women advance quickly toward center ring.  Yolande initiated her offense first with a left jab followed by a winging right cross.  Both were short of their intended target.  La prof attempted double left jabs – only one grazed the chin of the Canadian, the other was an air spear.  Circling each other they exchanged probing jabs that sought to penetrate the defense of their rival.  Enza employed her streaking left jabs to establish punching distance while probing the defense of her enemy. 

ENZA'S STRAIGHT LEFT JABS WERE HER MOST EFFECTIVE WEAPON IN ROUND ONE.

Although the tempo of punches was rapid fire, no significant damage was inflected throughout the 90-seconds of action.  Ms. Leroux pressed forward seeking her enemy, but Enza was more effective in evading her attacker while landing more countering shots in response.  Although I thought the round was very close, the efficiency of the Italian warrior swayed me to favor her as the winner of round one.  This first round proved pleasing to the fans who shouted encouragement to their favored fighter throughout the stanza.  

ROUND TWO

“Madame Boxeuse” closed quickly against her foe at the sound of the bell.  Ms. Marzilli was still adjusting her mouth guard and hardly one step clear of her corner when she got blasted with a stiff left jab to the nose followed by a right hook that boomed into her left ear.  Having successful established this early momentum, the Canadian shop owner pressed forward assertively putting Enza on the defensive.  Severely times the aggressor drove her prey back against the ring ropes.  La Prof clinched in order to stymy the assault by her rival while using the referee to separate herself from the confining ring ropes.  Yolande was frustrated by her inability to penetrate the defensive shield of her enemy.  Although Yolande clearly won the round as I saw it, her opponent seemed nonplussed by the offensive mauling of her foe.  Both fighters were glistening with sweat but seemed alert and attentive as they listened to the instructions of their respective trainer. 

ROUND THREE 

Right from the opening bell the action picked up from the two previous rounds.  The exchanges between the combatants was blistering.  Working at closer range, more of their respective arsenal landed in this up-tempo donnybrook.  It was obvious that both scrappers were determined to inflict hurtful power shots that would stun or drop their enemy.  

MOVING UNDER THE EXTENDED GUARD OF HER ENEMY, YOLANDE BATTERED LA PROF WITH HAMMERING CROSSING BLOWS TO THE HEAD OF HER PREY.

The sounds of leather snapping against famine flesh with the responding grunts and squeals from the recipient excited the fans. 

MS. MARZILLI ANSWERED HER ASSAILANT'S ATTACK WITH HURTFUL COUNTERING SHOTS LIKE THIS RIGHT-FISTED WALLOP IN A GIVE AND TAKE RUMBLE IN ROUND THREE.  

The brutal pummeling left both ladies, bruised and gasping for breath as the bell brought the action to a temporary halt.  Determining the winner of this spirited round was mission impossible in my mind.  It was that close. 

ROUND FOUR

Following the reprieve in their corners, the glamboxers started their fistic war with the same vengeance employed in the prior round.  Initially the Italian teacher tried to use her stabbing left jabs to keep the visiting babe at a respectful distance.  Yolande was not willing to concede that privilege to her rival. 

THE CANADIAN REFUSED TO BE PUT OFF BY THE LEADING JABS OF THE ITALIAN.  SHE ESTABLISHED HER TURF UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL WITH HEAVY ARTILLERY LIKE THIS LEFT TO THE JAW.

Bobbing and weaving behind her pumping fists the Canadian boxer walked through the incoming thrusts of her assailant.  As the round drew to a close, the feisty shop owner was inside the jabbing stick of her foe, thumping hooks and short-armed volleys to the torso of her back-pedaling prey.  Ms. Marzilli looked perplexed by the body thumping assault that was clearly painful and detrimental to her intake of oxygen.  Because of the turnabout in momentum in that middle round, it was unclear which fighter had gained the scoring advantage.  I didn’t envy the task of the ringside judges in his fray. 

ROUND FIVE

Using more foot movement throughout the early part of the fifth, Enza deprived her enemy of the dominance she seemed to have established toward the end of the fourth.  Prevented from getting into her punching comfort zone, the trans-Atlantic adversary grew noticeably frustrated.  She was getting out scored by the former Italian champion.  The tide of battle appeared to be securely in the gloved fist of La Prof. 

IN BOXING INCHES CAN MAKE THE DIFFERENCE.  ANOTHER INCH DIFFERENCE AND THIS UPPERCUT MIGHT HAVE ENDED THE FIGHT FOR "MADAME BOXEUSE"!

With just two more rounds of fighting, could the belabored bakery owner reverse this unpleasant turnabout?  Between rounds the Canadian’s corner team worked hard to refresh and invigorate their charge.  Across the ring, the mood of the Italian boxer looked far more upbeat.  They foresaw a decisive rally by La Prof that would capture the decision.  

STANDING NOSE TO NOSE IN THE FINAL SECONDS OF ROUND FIVE EACH FIGHTER KNEW THEY EACH HAD TO FINISH THE FINAL TWO-STANZAS STRONG TO CLAIM THE VICTORY.

ROUND SIX

The start of this next to last round started much like the last round had concluded.  Enza was once again moving gracefully around the perimeter of the ring, attacking her rival from ever-changing angles.  The Canadian lass stalked her mobile adversary firing off sharp jabs with right-handed follow-ons.  In a short flurry of jabs by La Prof, Yolande saw her chance.  Slipping below a straight right jab, she surprised the Italian beauty with a quick and accurate right cross that exploded on the exposed chin of her targeted foe.

IT IS THE PUNCH LIKE THIS SURPRISE RIGHT CROSS THAT CAN TURN THE TIDE OF BATTLE AS THIS ONE DID IN ROUND SIX.

Blindsided by that unseen blast, Enza stumbled backward into the ropes.  She might have dropped to the canvas if not for the supportive ring cords.  Momentarily vulnerable the Canadian avenger attacked with a hail storm of lefts and rights, impaling her struggling rival against the ropes.  Although Enza quickly reassembled her defense, the fusillade of punches had taken its toll on her reflexes.  During the remainder of round six, Yolande dominated the offense.   She managed to deny her victim the salvation of a clinch.  When the bell sounded, La Prof trudged heavy footed to her corner for a much needed rest.  This final break before round seven was a critical juncture in this closely contested battle.  

ROUND SEVEN 

When the two battlers came to center ring to touch gloves, the former Italian champion was no longer light on her nyloned feet.  Under attack immediately Enza was unable to escape her pursuer.  

MS. LEROUX CAME WITH ALL GUNS FIRING IN ROUND SEVEN.  ENZA STOOD HER GROUND UNDER THIS VICIOUS ASSAULT.

Instead she was forced to stand and battle her antagonist toe to toe.  This suited the Montreal boxer fine.  Her punches were both more numerous and powerful.  The gritty Italian boxer refused to back into the restricting ropes or turnbuckle.  She planted her feet and fired back with all the reserves in her arsenal.  It was a magnificent punch-out for the remainder of the round.  Despite her most determined bad intentions, Yolande could not knock her prey off her underpinnings.  Punches flew like missiles from a machine gun.  It was the ultimate test of gallantry under fire which both glamboxers passed with flying colors.  When the bell sounded ending the round, the two women stopped their assault and leaned into a hug of mutual admiration.  Each had done her best to win; now it was up to the judges to decide the outcome.  Both fighters walked together around the ring acknowledging the thunderous applause from an appreciative audience.

SIDE BY SIDE THE TWO VALIANT GLAMBOXERS CIRCLED THE RING AND ACCEPTED THE WELL-DESERVED APPLAUSE OF THE BOXING AUDIENCE.  

This was a great fight they would long remember with fondness.  

THE DECISION
Before announcing the judges’ decision, the ring announcer recognized with the fans the excellence of the match they had just witnessed.  Both fighters were again bombarded with cheers and clapping for their performance.  The decision was close but clearly popular with the crowd.  

“The winner by unanimous decision …….Yolande Leroux  “Madame Boxeuse!" Boomed the ring announcer.  

There is a post-fight interview coming soon.  

Griffy
Advanced Member
Griffy
Advanced Member

May 23 2018, 01:51 #3

THE JOB WELL DONE

This is Livia Fabrizi with the two valiant Glamboxers – Yolande Leroux and Enza Marzilli.  They were kind enough to speak with me after their tremendous battle.

LIVIA:  Well done ladies.  That was a boxing masterpiece.  What did you think of your performance?

YOLANDE:  Because Enza is such a sterling fighter, it was every bit as tough as I expected.  It took that turnaround shocker in round six to capture the verdict.  Enza, you are one tough boxer.  I can well understand now why you have claimed those two championships. 

ENZA:  You’ll get no argument from me about how tough that fight was.  It will take me the chance to view the fight tape to really understand what bomb shell hit me in the sixth round.  I certainly never saw that block buster coming.  It was my pleasure to battle a superb boxer like yourself. The fans enjoyed the match as well I think we did the IGL proud tonight.

LIVIA: There is no question about that.  It is certainly the most exciting middleweight scrap I have ever watched.  I’d like to have both of you appear on one of my future boxing cards, not necessarily against one another,  because I can’t imagine how you could perform better than you did tonight.  No one lost in my opinion.  You are both winners.  I know the fans would like to know – do either of you have any plans to return after the battle royal you just survived?

ENZA:  Speaking personally, I don’t have any desire to quit boxing for the foreseeable future. When my body tells me that I can no longer condition myself for real competition I’ll hang up my gloves.  Right now I’m weary but tomorrow I’ll be back in the gym working on my boxing lapses.  Avoiding a punch like my worthy adversary landed tonight. 

YOLANDE:  In all honesty, I have considered retiring from boxing competition but after tonight’s memorable victory I’m hopeful that I still have at least a couple more fights left in me.  The sport of boxing has a way of tantalizing you with the vision of another ring appearance.  Hearing the crowd cheer and encourage is an experience I’d miss.  It is only available in the IGL. 
LIVIA:  Thank you both for your marvelous battle.  It has been an experience that I’ll cherish for the rest of my life.  I’m glad I had the opportunity to work with you.  I hope we will continue our friendship long into future.  Best wishes to you both. 

ENZA:  Thank you Livia.  You are a most accomplished promoter who it would be an honor to call my friend. 

YOLANDE:  You certainly are my friend.  I thank you for all your hard work in promoting this match.  I extend an open invitation for you to come and visit me in Montreal.  I think you’ll enjoy that city as well as the products in my bakery store. 

That was a fitting conclusion to this great night of female boxing.  You’ve seen just what the “Real Women of Boxing” can do. 

Confirmation of reply: