YASMIN JAMIL CASIA - POST-FIGHT INTERVIEW

Aug 22 2018, 02:43 #1

1.) So Yasmin, during the fight I was sat near your friend Dylan and told me more about you.
You study and have 2 jobs. It's a very busy life, isn't it?
Yes, I know but it is a job I must do to provide for my family. It's not something that they fully support but someone has to do the hardest work sometimes.
2.) With a so busy life where do you find the time for training? Keeping in mind that you like in Oxford and you train in London?
I think it boils down to passion and time management. Since the two jobs are not as demanding, I will just have to work on those with excellence so that I may finish them as fast a possible and have time for studying and training. I dedicate excellence to both of those as well, especially training.
3.) Why you choose to practice a combat sport?
I'm actually a fan of combat sports as a child since my father was a former local boxer in the Philippines.
4.) Glamboxing is not a popular sport as soccer, basketball or even boxing, so how did you get in contact with it?
I actually found out when I went here since I wanted to be pro boxer. I was walking around the streets and saw a glamboxing fight. I asked the people what is it about and they explained it to me. For the meantime, since I can't be a full time boxer with all the hectic training, I could not provide for my family immediately. So for now, I'm sticking to glamboxing. I've fallen in love with this sport anyway. So I wanted to keep going and wait for what's in store for me in the future.
5.) Dylan told me that you won the first fight by KO and today your won the second one in the same way.
You showed a lot of power when you are in the ring but you seem a very shy person in real life. How is it possible?
Yeah, you could say it that way, I'm a shy and a reserved person but when I'm in that ring. It's like I have an alter ego. An emotional and aggressive fighter that's hungry for glory. Hence, the Golden Fang moniker. In the ring, I want to knock people out. It's like an animal instinct hidden within me that gets unleashed when I go inside that ring.
6.) At the moment you are in the beginning level of glamboxing. Do you have a favorite glamboxer which you see as inspirational?
PRIYANKA KARNA and HEATHER REVELS! I WANT TO BE DOMINANT LIKE PRIYANKA! A KNOCKOUT ARTIST! I ALSO WANT TO JUMP WEIGHT CLASSES LIKE HEATHER! I EVEN WANT TO GO AND FIGHT MIDDLEWEIGHTS! BUT WHO KNOWS WHAT HAPPENS
7.) What are your future plans?
Right now, I want to win titles in the Featherweight Division. Finish my studies and earn more money from endorsements. I want to provide for my family then I'll chase glory as well. Who knows I might want to turn pro? Jump to the Lightweight Division and win titles then jump to the Middleweight Division to win titles? Who knows? I just want to work hard right now and earn for my family and to claim glory for my passion, fighting.

Confirmation of reply: